250W Battery!!!!!

phlodge

Jul 2, 2019
UK
Would this work. ??

A small 250w battery albeit in the same form factor as the 500w to enable fitting compatibility, perhaps even contained in a collapsible housing to enable it to fit in a back pack and when required the housing is extended to fit the bike.
Just thinking about the convenience of packing a smaller battery that provides additional range and serves to take some of the anxiety out of the 500w battery running low.

I know you can get the 750w battery, but at £1000 or so its a lot when you already have the 500w.

Just a random thought while sat on a train.

Brendog78

Jun 12, 2019
Australia
There are battery extenders available that fit in to your drink bottle holder, small and light to give you some extra range. Some one should be able to chime in with details.

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Trailwatts do a variety of range extender batteries specifically for Specialized and you can find them in the 'Trader' section on this forum.
If you google "e-BooZ" you should find an Italian company that also does them although I don't know if they do them for Specialized. I ordered a 250wh one for my Focus from them a month ago and am still waiting, although I believe it is now ready for the carrier to pick it up from the factory.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Would this work. ??

A small 250w battery albeit in the same form factor as the 500w to enable fitting compatibility, perhaps even contained in a collapsible housing to enable it to fit in a back pack and when required the housing is extended to fit the bike.
Just thinking about the convenience of packing a smaller battery that provides additional range and serves to take some of the anxiety out of the 500w battery running low.

I know you can get the 750w battery, but at £1000 or so its a lot when you already have the 500w.

What would you do with the 500w battery when it runs out? It wouldn’t fit in the back pack you were carrying the collapsible 250w battery in

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
Do what I did buy the 704wh battery and sell your 504wh battery I got £450 for mine, if you look at the price of one of the smaller bottle cage extenders they are the same price that you would get for selling your battery and I know which one I would choose :) the 704wh battery is huge and really all you will ever need.

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
I could see how that would work. As for carrying the 500wh battery afterwards... well it would be heaps lighter when it’s run flat, so no big problem ?‍♂️

phlodge

Jul 2, 2019
UK
Thanks for the replies everyone.
Carrying the flat 500w would be an issue, had thought about that but not progressed to a solution.
It was merely a thought while sat on a train

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Would this work. ??

Don't confuse your Watts with your Watt hours; they are different. The former is a measure of power being delivered from the motor, the latter a measure of battery capacity capacity (i.e. a 500Wh battery can in theory delivery 500W for an hour, or 250W for 2 hours, 125W for 4 hrs etc.)

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
Don't confuse your Watts with your Watt hours; they are different. The former is a measure of power being delivered from the motor, the latter a measure of battery capacity capacity (i.e. a 500Wh battery can in theory delivery 500W for an hour, or 250W for 2 hours, 125W for 4 hrs etc.)

Matty it's pretty obvious he isn't confused about this but I know how much you like to state the obvious ?

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
A somewhat ironic comment coming from you Andy given the number of blindingly obvious answers member of this forum had to provide you with during your weeks oscillating between bikes, after which you still managed to buy the wrong one for your needs... :unsure:

:)

You just carry on putting everyone right on the forum with your dull tedious comments!

HikerDave

Feb 9, 2019
Tempe
Would this work. ??

I think that a 250 watt battery might not last too many charge cycles because half as many cells are being operated at twice the current level as a normal battery.

Last edited:

Moochier

Apr 17, 2019
New Zealand
I thought it would be good to have the batteries in 250w sizes, that ‘clip’ together to form the battery size to suit your ride. Ie. going for a quick after work fang just use a 250w and save weight. Then if going on a mission clip 4 together to get say 1000w. Or anywhere in between. This way they are also smaller to carry should you need to...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles