220 mm rotors

Adam Thomas

Apr 25, 2020
Wollongong Australia
Hey guys I fitted a 220mm front rotor to my kenevo . SRAM have both the rotor and adaptor available. Bike comes standard with the 200s front / back. The $120 upgrade is totally worth the money. Way less fade on long steep descents which means not applying so much pressure through the levers. Brake has heaps more bite. I'm guessing a 15% improvement. Who else has done this upgrade and what are your thoughts !! Worth it or not. I think yes !!

20200513_151735.jpg

Last edited:

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Hey guys I fitted a 220mm front rotor to my kenevo . SRAM have both the rotor and adaptor available. Bike comes standard with the 200s front / back. The $120 upgrade is totally worth the money. Way less fade on long steep descents which means not applying so much pressure through the levers. Brake has heaps more bite. I'm guessing a 15% improvement. Who else has done this upgrade and what are your thoughts !! Worth it or not. I think yes !!

View attachment 31971
For $120?? ? This rotor costs about 30-40€ and PM adapter about 5-10€ and it's about 10-15min job to fit, so $120 for this upgrade is IMHO quite overkill ...
Theoretically you'll get 10% improvement going from 200>220mm ... This big SRAM rotor is also very flexible sideways so it would be quite difficult to properly center the caliper, I've done it several times already and I still have a slight rubbing, but only occasionally (when side winds are stronger ?) ... Meanwhile I also had Magura MDR-P 220mm rotor for about 50km which has much more sturdy mounting core and there was significantly less sideflex (no rubbing noticed), but I had to return it because it produced a few cracks ...

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I have been running the Galfer 223mm rotor up front for about 9 months now with Guide RE's, first with the OEM pads, and now with Uber E-Matrix which have improved the set up again.

They do need more maintaining in terms of minimising rub than smaller rotors. I would highly recommend fitting torque caps to your wheels if running on an RS fork as I have found this helps keep them aligned, and stiffens up the connection at the axle. You should also check your disc bolts a bit more regularly.

IMO the braking performance is significantly improved, not just in terms of out right power, but with the Guide RE's at least also feel.

Witte300

May 13, 2018
Belgium
I have been running the Galfer 223mm rotor up front for about 9 months now with Guide RE's, first with the OEM pads, and now with Uber E-Matrix which have improved the set up again.

They do need more maintaining in terms of minimising rub than smaller rotors. I would highly recommend fitting torque caps to your wheels if running on an RS fork as I have found this helps keep them aligned, and stiffens up the connection at the axle. You should also check your disc bolts a bit more regularly.

IMO the braking performance is significantly improved, not just in terms of out right power, but with the Guide RE's at least also feel.

I’m interested in the torque caps you mentioned.
Can you get them for all brands of hubs?
I have the roval allu wheels with the rs fork.
Grtzzz

Peko

Sep 23, 2018
Germany
Worth it or not. I think yes !

Yes, but 110$ isn't really a good price I think.

Had a short try with the Code R and 220mm rotors in the front, but only together with the MT7 I got the right feeling for my Kenevo.
Mh... I'm not a 70kg lycra-looking rider and
I need an anchor, not a paddle. ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles