2023 Whyte e160rsx.

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
Finally a 2023 bike I wonder what the difference is from 2022 model.
Promo vid here. Having the battery on rails is an improvement. 29er now, has the Bosch smarts, bigger battery and beefed up headtube prob means more weight (although you could swap in different batteries).

Last edited:

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
I dunno. Isn't it inflation, market forces, plus the V3 has the bigger battery assuming the rest of the spec is equivalent?

V1 £5,400
V2 £5,999 (+11%)
V3 £6,800 (+13%)

Healy

Oct 4, 2020
Forest of dean
Yeah you have a valid point. Just hard to suck up the cost increase. To be fair I would buy it anyway just annoying how much things have gone up

Another One

Feb 28, 2022
London / Wakefield
There is no doubt Whyte make nice bikes but for me increasing weight on a new model just seems a step backwards, E bikes ares still in early stages of development and some exciting times to come. Although I love my Full Fat I really expect the bikes to be getting lighter these things are not cheap I want development I want I want I want;)

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
Looking like you can pick the wheel size. There was also mullet 160S and RS bikes at that launch event. Option of Hope wheels too.

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
Anyone know a better hone w
There is no doubt Whyte make nice bikes but for me increasing weight on a new model just seems a step backwards, E bikes ares still in early stages of development and some exciting times to come. Although I love my Full Fat I really expect the bikes to be getting lighter these things are not cheap I want development I want I want I want;)
I think any bike upgraded with the new 750 battery will be heavier, isn’t it approx 1kg heavier than a 625?

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
I think any bike upgraded with the new 750 battery will be heavier, isn’t it approx 1kg heavier than a 625?
Yeah, 4.4kg, 625 is 3.5kg. If Whyte is sticking with alu, not sure where else they can lose weight. DT wheels, Fox susp, GX transmission, RF bars/stem, crank bros dropper, all standard FF kit.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I have the RSX on order. I have the 2020 E180RS which is a brilliant enduro bike and has been 100% reliable and I wanted a more all round 29er bike as a stable mate.
The RSX ticks all the boxes for me. I am not concerned a bout the weight. I prefer a bike that is stiff and does not crack/fall apart which is often the penalty paid for trying to impress with light weight..........and I dont want carbon! The price is a bit steep but still cheaper than a Levo with anything like comparable spec, and like my E180RS there is absolutely nothing that needs uprading other than perhaps the contact points to get the best cockpit fit for me so no need for additional expense later. The only things I have changed on the E180 are saddle and bars.
I like the fact it has no display...one less thing to break, and I have no interest in all that information. I like the fact that Whyte have continued with the sealed downtube design and I really rate the way Whyte tune their suspension avoiding the high compression settings so many EMTB suffer from.

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
Matt black options too if you prefer it stealthy. MX ones are mullets, 27.5 wheels for S and XS.

1656837746524.png

1656837790468.png

Last edited:

Mikehorti

Subscriber
Apr 29, 2021
Surrey
It’s a lot of money, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable for the spec and given the increase in parts/shipping etc now. Look at the prices for comparable spec on competitor brands and Whyte offer great value. If I was to upgrade my e150rs (£5400) to this spec, it’d cost me more than the e160rsx. I do wish they could retrofit the battery rail system, the only downside to previous versions

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
When do you hope to get your new bike, look forward to you telling us how it compares with your other one. (y)
The bikes are in the country so its just about distribution to retailers, so I hope no more than a week or two. I have ordered the Orange colour, I'm told no one has seen any matt black bikes so if you want that colour there is probably a longer wait. My e180 is Black and I like that colour but not too keen on the matt finish which is harder to clean than a gloss finish.

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
I was thinking about the prices on my ride today on my v1 E160 S. I understand inflation, market forces etc. but I couldn't afford the same bike today I bought a couple of years ago. Around £5k is still my price point (prob less now with the cost of living). Good thing I like the v1 so much 🙂

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles