Kenevo Gen1 2023 Gen 3 Turbo Kenevo

Jul 1, 2022
Finland
Wishlist:
- Alloy with frame only option
- 180 mm travel full 29er, or at least a mullet
- Adjustable headset
- Dual crown build available of course
- More robust rear suspension (albeit yoke design offers limited possibilities)

700 wh is enough for the largest capacity option. For myself, a 500 wh main battery + 250 wh bottle cage range extender would offer the best flexibility between lift access bike parks and longer day trips. I am aware of aftermarket range extenders, but would be a plus imo if Spesh could offer an in-house range extender readiness also for the fullfat Kenevos and Levos.

profgruen

Aug 19, 2018
Austria
I expect at least the 750 wh competitors offer today with the Brose S Mag.

A coil like Oehlins in Gen1 Expert as well as further improved geometry would be fine.

Finally a well equipped version with good brakes and shifter/levers but alloy (it's a dh oriented Enduro) would be a good option - the Expert model always has only basic versions despite the price. A Pro model with better stuff and moderate higher price would be desirable - best with options to choose between coil/air damper and single or double crown fork.

However, I think all these wishlists are something Specialized does not care or even read therefore obsolete ...

losgatosgtr

Feb 7, 2020
Los Gatos, California
Should I get a new 2022 Kenevo (Current model) or hope and pray for a 2023 New Kenevo soon?

I have a Gen 2 S-Works Levo and I'm craving more travel, more capability for burlier trails. I also have ridden the Gen 3 Levo back to back with my Gen 2 and feel that the Gen 3 is only a minor improvement (10%) over the Gen 2.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Should I get a new 2022 Kenevo (Current model) or hope and pray for a 2023 New Kenevo soon?

I have a Gen 2 S-Works Levo and I'm craving more travel, more capability for burlier trails. I also have ridden the Gen 3 Levo back to back with my Gen 2 and feel that the Gen 3 is only a minor improvement (10%) over the Gen 2.
I'd wait it out. New tech is actually dropping at last, (look at the size of the new Fazua 60 motor) so in my mind the manufacturer that has lead the charge with the best ebikes is surely about to move the needle once more to regain their spot on top? Could be wishful thinking but the 2022 Kenevo is really quite old and whilst it is close when you put 29er wheels on it, sort the suspension etc it still has the high chance of a munted motor/wiring harness/TCU going on previous history.

losgatosgtr

Feb 7, 2020
Los Gatos, California
I'd wait it out. New tech is actually dropping at last, (look at the size of the new Fazua 60 motor) so in my mind the manufacturer that has lead the charge with the best ebikes is surely about to move the needle once more to regain their spot on top? Could be wishful thinking but the 2022 Kenevo is really quite old and whilst it is close when you put 29er wheels on it, sort the suspension etc it still has the high chance of a munted motor/wiring harness/TCU going on previous history.
Seems like prudent advice seeing that I already have a nice Gen 2 Levo. First world problem and glad I have good beer, enough food, and fantastic friends around me.

profgruen

Aug 19, 2018
Austria
also would wait. I expect larger battery in any case, maybe new motor+current components and think that the new Kenevo will have geometry much more like the Enduro or Kenevo SL. If you dont like it you then can try to get a Gen2 Kenevo which is very good anyway.

But I would await the comparison if you are not in need of new bike.

Phoenix66

Apr 3, 2022
France
I have the opposite advice. Have owned LEVO 2, KENEVO 2, and now LEVO 3.

the KENEVO is a fantastic bike and most capable ebike.

If You wait For the Next Generation you will have to Pay Way more Money.

If you Need more travel it’s actually the best Choice.

Alexbn921

Sep 27, 2021
East Bay CA
Some bikes hit the sweet spot and stay at the top even when new models come out. I feel that the Kenevo absolutely nailed the perfect super long travel setup. The next Kenevo will most likely be carbon(don't want for this bike) even slacker and longer(don't want) and 3-5K more expensive.

I have a feeling that instead of a mini DH bike that can do everything, it will be a full DH that is not as well rounded.

profgruen

Aug 19, 2018
Austria
just thought he possibly has the choice between new and then old Kenevo (the latter for the old prica)-but yeah, the price increase makes one tumble amd I expect around 10,5 for the new Kenevo Expert . Prices gone crazy but as long as customers buy they will increase 10% at least each year ...

losgatosgtr

Feb 7, 2020
Los Gatos, California
just thought he possibly has the choice between new and then old Kenevo (the latter for the old prica)-but yeah, the price increase makes one tumble amd I expect around 10,5 for the new Kenevo Expert . Prices gone crazy but as long as customers buy they will increase 10% at least each year ...
Thanks to everyone for all the advice and replies I sincerely appreciate it. I looked at what Rob has done with his new Kenevo and I'm going to go the same path.

Luckily I found a brand new 2021 Kenevo expert for 7k out the door no tax. Getting size S3 as the reach at 470 is good for me.

I tend to agree that Specialized will slap a fairly hefty price increase on the new Kenevo when it comes out.

SelfShuttler

Jan 22, 2023
Snowshoe, WV
Not to revive an al thread, but I’m debating grabbing a levo gen 3 to replace my decoy elite.

But I would ideally prefer a full power new gen Kenevo…anyone hear anything? I can probably wait it out until the fall.

Just want to get rid of the decoy before market crashes even more.

Chairman

Feb 25, 2022
Nz
Those saying triple clamp forks can't do switchbacks I doubt have even tried. I have a Moterra with 200 mm boxxers and 185 rear travel. Huge improvement over 180 38s imo. Tracks at pace way better. Sure the 38s are very good for a single crown but you really can't compare them to a full on DH fork. Also maneuverability in tight rugged terrain is not really an issue either so it would be a major retrograde step should the next Kenevo be single crown imo

rod9301

Oct 10, 2020
US
I want to put a 200 mm girl on my 180 rear haibike. I am concerned about switchbacks though. I'm in France now, and most trails were initially for hikers, so pretty tight corners and steep.

Chairman

Feb 25, 2022
Nz
Honestly switchbacks are not the issue some peeps make them out to be. Mostly you never even touch the stops but on the rare occasions you do the technique is just to hold the forks fully locked against the frame drop your knee and elbow and push the bars towards the ground. You will find the turning circle is no different to single crown using this method. If it's that steep and tight on the downs you may find you need to lift the back wheel to place it where you need but that is the same with single crown anyway

Chairman

Feb 25, 2022
Nz
Any word on a new FF Kenevo?
I was asking about that today and the answer was negative. What he did say was that a few guys are starting to order their Levos with the cascade lt link and either 180 38s or Zebs or even 200mm boxxers. Kind of makes sense with some pretty good deals going down on levos at the moment. Reliability of that motor still worries me. I have seen too many fail and although the warranty is first rate still don't like being stranded

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
I was asking about that today and the answer was negative. What he did say was that a few guys are starting to order their Levos with the cascade lt link and either 180 38s or Zebs or even 200mm boxxers. Kind of makes sense with some pretty good deals going down on levos at the moment. Reliability of that motor still worries me. I have seen too many fail and although the warranty is first rate still don't like being stranded
The latest motors are very reliable. (Sample of 24 riders). Warranty is also great, and if you are out of warranty then motor repairers are plentiful, well at least in the UK anyway.

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
san francisco, california
500E0C80-957E-426E-84A5-6829CAF80FA4.png
E73F4CB6-825E-4E11-82B3-10B94345566A.png

cdavies102

Jun 29, 2021
UK
Anyone have any news on a new Kenevo yet please? Funny that this was started in 2021 (prematurely I know), but it does seem like spesh are missing out on the full travel, full fat ebike still.

Hol47

Sep 28, 2019
Uk
2023 is same as 2022 with new colours and some newer components. I just bought a 2022 on sale

cdavies102

Jun 29, 2021
UK
I'm talking about an updated (Gen 3) bike that will assumedly be a 2024 model to go on sale later this year. The current Gen 2 was unveiled in 2019 so you'd think they must be close to a Gen 3 release?

Alexbn921

Sep 27, 2021
East Bay CA
Anyone have any news on a new Kenevo yet please? Funny that this was started in 2021 (prematurely I know), but it does seem like spesh are missing out on the full travel, full fat ebike still.
Have you ridden a Kenevo? It's still the best bike available, so they are not missing out.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles