Kenevo Gen1 2023 Gen 3 Turbo Kenevo

Sherman

May 9, 2018
3rd Rock
No idea, my conservative guess is Jul/Aug 2022.

But what would it be like? Levo 2022 is already quite "aggressive" bike in its low and slack settings. Maybe a FF 29er Enduro? Or something totally new and unexpected? I wish it would still be a 27.5".

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
san francisco, california
I’m guessing a longer travel version of gen 3 levo hopefully in carbon this time. Although, It will likely remain aluminum.

it would be awesome if it’s like the Specialized Demo with a motor

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
now it's december 2021, we love news about e-bike's world, but now, asking for new 2023 models is a lot premature...
not really premature....2022 levo came out earlier this year....2023 kenevo should be due sometime in 2022 (every 3 years per generation)

2020 Kenevo came out in Spring 2019....i think thats how specialized model years work....

obviously with all the production/shipping delays it may be pushed back, but i'm hoping for an early/mid 2022 release of the MY2023

looking for any leaked info....

Last edited:

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
talked to people from Specialized at Sea Otter and they did not reveal any info but gave the hint there is one coming

we discussed the possibility of their ebikes having the Rockshox Flight Attendant without the AXS crank sensor since the Motor/TCU can already provide the tuning info to the suspension

They asked what i would like to see in the new Kenevo...i just said i would like to see it in carbon and look like the bike we were standing in front of....so basically a full powered Kenevo SL which is based off the Enduro. A motorized Demo would be awesome tho

IMG_0150.JPG

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
Any news?
A specialized rep told me it’s still a couple years out. But i know specialized is so tight lipped about release info that maybe a rep wouldn’t know.

So I don’t know. Everything is a guess right now. Just hoping they are going by the 3 year cycle and will announce a new Kenevo this year

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
My money is on this being the new Levo SL reveal
Thinking the same since they clearanced the whole line of Levo SL’s recently. The SL gravel bikes are still on clearance.

Hoping it’s a new Kenevo but if they up the support power of the SL to 55+nm I would get it. I really enjoyed my Levo SL when I would ride solo. Got rid of it because I always ride in a group of full powered ebikes.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
It was supposed to be a my2022 Kenevo refresh in Aug/Sept 2021 but they had severe delays due to pandemic/supply shortages, plus ceo change impacted timelines. My understanding is a refresh (similar to the Levo gen2->3) will happen in September this year.

Scott Maguire will need to demonstrate innovation and increases to supply this year.

…but, judging by the state of the world at the moment, all bets are off.

profgruen

Aug 19, 2018
Austria
We hear news for Gen3 shall be released/ presented by August. Looking at current Levo prices it might be diffucult for Specialiced to cope with eg Santa Cruz Bullit which also is excellent. Curious what they will release - hopefully not a e-freerider with 200mm fork, kind of light demo, but an enduro with high dh potential but also good climbing conditions. The boxxer on gen2 kenevo was the wrong direction in my point of view - but of course my personal opinion.

And it would be fine if they could improve durability of the bike (like bullits)

profgruen

Aug 19, 2018
Austria
Many from us changed back from boxxer to single bridged fork because of limited use in switchbacks. Therefore we think eg the 38 Fox would be the better choice (like all other established player use it) allowing sufficient DH potential with good trail characteristics.
And in fact it is kind of way Specialized tried with the Gen2 - but only half-hearted (better equipment only with double bridge fork). Best would be two Kenevo lines - one DH without compromise and fully dedicated to DH (like the former Stumpstumper Evos) and an Enduro line or at least free choice of fork, damper for all Gen3 versions. And I hope they stay with alloy.

Alexbn921

Sep 27, 2021
East Bay CA
I ride switchbacks that are less than the length of the bike and never hit the bump stops. Did you have an actual problem with them or just thought there would be one?

A triple crown is so much stiffer and more controlled than even a 38. It's in a different league and I find that it significantly improves the handling of the bike. Having it be 10mm lower for the same travel is another bonus.

Sherman

May 9, 2018
3rd Rock
Fox 38 is just so cool (especially the stickers). Current Levo is very capable for enduro already, so keep the Kenevo DH oriented.

profgruen

Aug 19, 2018
Austria
Interesting, I heard the experience from one close friend and my brother in law - both changed the fork. I myself did not ride it (only the Fox40 on a DH bike but thats another world ...). Maybe you ride very good and make switchbacks with leveraging the back wheel. When it comes to Gen3 I'll test the triple crown uf then offered myself

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles