2022 Reign E+ size

Carefactor_Zer0

Jan 11, 2022
Canada
I'm hoping someone can help me with a size question. I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on a Reign E+2 but the only size available is Medium. I'm 5'10" and right between sizes and the dealer recommends a large. I can't just sit on it because the only one available is 400 kms away so I will have to buy sight unseen. What is everybody finding for size, do they run large or small? Another consideration is my wife would like to steal it occasionally and she's only 5'3" so she could make the Medium work.

Thanks in advance!

Carefactor_Zer0

Jan 11, 2022
Canada
Yes, 179 cm and an inseam of 78. According to the size chart, I'm right at the top of a Medium or at the bottom of a Large. If I need a large, I can't get one.

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
I’m 175cm long legs short torso, so reach and top tube length are important to me, the M was perfect fit (tried in store)
I just noticed the sizing charts are gone for ReignE+ (Canadian site), or were they ever there? At 160cm, your wife is more in the middle of Small size… Decision crunch!

Banksay

Nov 3, 2021
Arbroath, Scotland
According to this chart at 5'10 and 31 inseam you'd be a medium.

sizingsheet.jpg

yamrider

Oct 27, 2021
Canada
I'm 5'10" also , was going to purchase a medium but decided to wait and try before putting down a deposit. Was worried they would sell before I got a chance to even try one , glad I waited. When they arrived Dealer said you might need a large so tried both sizes , medium felt a bit small so purchased the large very happy with it.

Banksay

Nov 3, 2021
Arbroath, Scotland
This has me concerned now. I don't have anywhere to try one out and based on that chart I thought I'd be a definite medium. I'm also 5'10 and have already ordered a medium.

Sep 18, 2020
Truckee Ca
I just purchased my 2022 E 2 last week. I’m 5’11” in my bike shoes (5’10” without) I got the medium. I had the 2021 in a L and because of the reach it was big. It was confidence inspiring going downhill but not very maneuverable on the singletrack. I went with Lee Michaels sizing formula (YouTube his sizing videos) and based on reach I went with the medium. It makes such a difference especially when riding out of the saddle. I can get the front wheel off the ground so much easier and I can control the bike better overall. I have not been on any big DH runs yet but really look forward to it. All the bike shops give the same recommendations and it’s not right for the tweeners. Go with the Medium and don’t make the same mistake I did the first time.

cappuccino34

Nov 24, 2020
Helmshore
If it rains where you are don't buy a Giant of any size.
We've got two and frankly, they've been absolutely dreadful.
Great to ride, when they work. Wiring issues, battery issues, controller issues.
Just buy something with a Bosch or Shimano motor instead.

Sherman

May 9, 2018
3rd Rock
If it rains where you are don't buy a Giant of any size.
We've got two and frankly, they've been absolutely dreadful.
Great to ride, when they work. Wiring issues, battery issues, controller issues.
Just buy something with a Bosch or Shimano motor instead.

Are you referring to Reign E+ 2022 or earlier models?

cappuccino34

Nov 24, 2020
Helmshore
Even the new ones have water ingress problems, and given that Giant do their own firmware rather than using the Yamaha stuff and the leagues of problems everyone has had I can't see them suddenly becoming capable all of a sudden and sorting the problems out.

There are problems still present that have been around for over a year now.

Having personal experience myself of Giant's inability to fix either water ingress, firmware or App problems there's absolutely no way that I'll be buying another Giant ebike.

It's become a standing joke with the guys I ride with.. "what's gone wrong with your bike this week then"?

Buckaroony

Dec 17, 2021
UK
Even the new ones have water ingress problems, and given that Giant do their own firmware rather than using the Yamaha stuff and the leagues of problems everyone has had I can't see them suddenly becoming capable all of a sudden and sorting the problems out.

There are problems still present that have been around for over a year now.

Having personal experience myself of Giant's inability to fix either water ingress, firmware or App problems there's absolutely no way that I'll be buying another Giant ebike.

It's become a standing joke with the guys I ride with.. "what's gone wrong with your bike this week then"?
No water ingress here with my e+1. Not a drop.

cappuccino34

Nov 24, 2020
Helmshore
Try Rossendale. Water, Deep mud and millstone grit.

I should have paid more attention to what my LBS was fixing most of the time before buying our bikes. Constantly repairing green, festering wiring and connectors on Giant bikes.
I've ripped out all the garbage Giant wiring and connectors and replaced them with military spec connectors and wiring which actually are waterproof, so the only ingress points now are at the battery connector, which gets blown dry and clean after every ride, and the motor grommet where the wires go into the motor itself.
I've done away with the the charging port because that's another point of entry and not necessary because the battery is out for cleaning and drying after every ride, so I just charge it whilst it's out. Making these changes has also feed up lots of space around the motor; it was stupidly cramped before.

Buckle

Dec 18, 2021
UK
I'm 5'10" also , was going to purchase a medium but decided to wait and try before putting down a deposit. Was worried they would sell before I got a chance to even try one , glad I waited. When they arrived Dealer said you might need a large so tried both sizes , medium felt a bit small so purchased the large very happy with it.
Same for me. I'm 175cm and the large is perfect for my riding which is steep, tight knarly tech. Just let her go!

Buckaroony

Dec 17, 2021
UK
Try Rossendale. Water, Deep mud and millstone grit.

I should have paid more attention to what my LBS was fixing most of the time before buying our bikes. Constantly repairing green, festering wiring and connectors on Giant bikes.
I've ripped out all the garbage Giant wiring and connectors and replaced them with military spec connectors and wiring which actually are waterproof, so the only ingress points now are at the battery connector, which gets blown dry and clean after every ride, and the motor grommet where the wires go into the motor itself.
I've done away with the the charging port because that's another point of entry and not necessary because the battery is out for cleaning and drying after every ride, so I just charge it whilst it's out. Making these changes has also feed up lots of space around the motor; it was stupidly cramped before.
My LBS (Giant dealer) took my motor out and sorted the waterproofing for me before I took delivery. Apparently they applied some kind of shrink wrap to the motor after seeing a few failures in last years model. It seems to work as I have had precisely zero issues after a number of very wet rides.

cappuccino34

Nov 24, 2020
Helmshore
My LBS (Giant dealer) took my motor out and sorted the waterproofing for me before I took delivery. Apparently they applied some kind of shrink wrap to the motor after seeing a few failures in last years model. It seems to work as I have had precisely zero issues after a number of very wet rides.
Which kind of makes my point, they aren't good enough out of the factory and the dealer knows that, so they've added some protection to slow down the ingress.

Giant are not the only manufacturer to suffer from ingress, they all do to varying degrees, but they are the worst by a long way.

The other reason to not want another is that they took it upon themselves to develop their own software/firmware/App, rather than use the Yamaha stuff (to save money no doubt).

Just search for giant firmware issues on here, or water ingress, or app problems and you'll find that there's a lot of reading to do.

Don't get me wrong, I love riding it, but when I stop for lunch an hour into a ride I do expect to be able to continue afterwards and not have the bike refuse to power up. 'Firmware says "no" ' I shouldn't have to time meals around when the bike chooses to work.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles