Levo SL Gen 1 2022 Levo SL

jwrx

Jul 22, 2018
Malaysia
LOL. I could easily make mine lighter - it would suck to ride it though!

Why would it suck to ride? my SL is sub 40lbs, with a Lyrik ultimate and Santa Cruz Reserve rims...i ride it in my local trails which has held EWS qualifier rounds.

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Why would it suck to ride? my SL is sub 40lbs, with a Lyrik ultimate and Santa Cruz Reserve rims...i ride it in my local trails which has held EWS qualifier rounds.

The compromises needed in components to drop an already relatively light weight eMTB from 40lbs to 36lbs, in my experience, are substantial. YMMV

jwrx

Jul 22, 2018
Malaysia
The compromises needed in components to drop an already relatively light weight eMTB from 40lbs to 36lbs, in my experience, are substantial. YMMV

Praxis carbon cranks, Lyrik Ult, stock rear shock, 27.5 santa cruz reserve carbon rims, Renthal cockpit, XTR brakes and groupset....dont see any compromises in my setup.

But you are moving goalposts...my initial reply was to your assertion that there were no SLs under 40lbs. ....now its 36?

Manitunc

May 18, 2020
Florida
My cross country sl is at 16.1 kg. My mountain setup is 17.5 kg. Changes are aluminum rims, tougher tires and coil rear shock. So most of weight change is in the wheels and you can definitely tell accelerating out of corners.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Rear fender for the SL

I haven’t found any rear fenders I like for my Levo SL so I decided to make one. Below is prototype 1 and what the rough print looks like on the bike. Final version will be color coordinated, but for now I’m just using scrap printer filament around the shop. Any recommendations?
View attachment 73060

View attachment 73061
Interesting. Does it need to be that big? What type of plastic is it made out of?

Mar 26, 2019
Anchorage
Interesting. Does it need to be that big? What type of plastic is it made out of?

Version 1 was PLA. I eventually re-printed it in purple ABS whIch proved too brittle.

IMG_2364.jpg

It didn’t actually do a good job of preventing a muddy back so to make it effective I’d probably have to make it longer.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Looks like a nice print! Did you use supports? I would have thought PLA would have been too brittle as well. I personally would prefer not having a fender on the back tho as it looks like it could get jammed up with mud and pine needles where I ride.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles