Levo SL Gen 1 2022 Levo SL

JSQ

Jan 28, 2020
Finland
2022 will be exactly the same as 2021. Not even colour changes. Apparently it will be updated for 2023 sometime next spring. Love my 2021 Comp Carbon though and can't see what there would be to change - the fit is perfect, geo spot on for trail riding and motor has all the power you'll ever need!

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
What's it weigh now?
Depends on the model. The 2020 expert came with lighter suspension and carbon wheels. The 21 came with better but heavier suspension without carbon wheels. I guess the 22 will have even better suspension with a penalty weight.

My 20 SL size Large was 18.2kg
i got it down the about 17.3kg at one point. Now I have put heavier suspension on its back to being 18kg

KSL

Jul 10, 2021
SoCal
Depends on the model. The 2020 expert came with lighter suspension and carbon wheels. The 21 came with better but heavier suspension without carbon wheels. I guess the 22 will have even better suspension with a penalty weight.

My 20 SL size Large was 18.2kg
i got it down the about 17.3kg at one point. Now I have put heavier suspension on its back to being 18kg

Yeah, getting real close to 40 lbs...Still better than the K-SL however.

KSL

Jul 10, 2021
SoCal
This forum exists on the idea that equipment is the greatest value in ebiking. Equipment is maybe 10% of the equation. Your KSL is the best bike on this forum; don’t think I’ve seen many on this forum who have the fitness to compete on climbs so downhill is everything here other than the lazy scale of motor power and battery which is totally a metric of value for the over 50 who are not fitness buffs or physically damaged people or just non athletic people contently living sedentary lives. Even 80 year old people are out running marathons so even age is not so great an excuse but with age comes family and business where time has a quantifiable monetary value and is a limited.

Fortunately the standing personality’s here are mostly awesome and this is a place where I like to have a beer so to say.

What is needed tho and not here is open discussion of how to better ones skills for those who want to, which consequently is everyone who purchases better equipment for their bikes.

A couple lbs really doesn’t matter man. That’s like a water bottle, you might be able to feel it but with skill it literally means nothing.

Sure

KSL

Jul 10, 2021
SoCal
Nothing new here.

main point for ksl and most people including me is high end parts and bikes mean shit. Skill is the main thing riders should focus on, if they want to get better anyway. For Snapchat followers then maybe just get a bling bling

You are clearly are speaking for yourself. Let me help you. A rider should focus on whatever makes sense for them and purchase whatever they want. Ease off the cough medicine.

Last edited:

KSL

Jul 10, 2021
SoCal
Free world man (it’s totally not free)
It’s good advice for all. Unless you post some epic vid crushing big shit most all of us would be better looking up the best bike training and burning money on that. It’s just advice, you won’t get any cred roiling up to a bike park on the sweetest ride and not at least cleaning most of the Jump lines. But you do you boo just trying to help.

Sounds like you are debating with yourself.

Cyclopath1000

Apr 26, 2019
Davis Ca
Screenshot_20210807-073819.png
Screenshot_20210807-073807.png

So two near ide tical rides back to back. ( Auburn, CA both days little trail smoke so while NORCAL is on fire , we even watched the River fire from a peak blow up) so if I did it right the first ride. Whick is titled Analogue is on my ripmo af and my second one is on my commencal meta power. I'm 70. I've skied and ridden in way too many trees to willingly get my wheels off the ground as my belief is I can't handle another head bash with what s ne damaged to date. So what's the difference here. Same skills or lack of them if you compare my times to a young shredder but here is my take: if you can get up the hill the 33 lb ripmo is like riding down nohanded vs the weight of the commencal meta power that is now near totally transferred to my upper body when doing not just Culvert but stoney and Eastside. You end up working out equivalently. The joys are slightly different. I kinda expect an orbea rise is on my next bike menu...somewheres on the middle of my 2 current bikes which I will never sell will be something like a light e bike. But the problem is I've become addicted to coil in the rear. I actually have that as a condition for a light e-bike I want a coil on the rear and I want some travel on the bike too so it's it's got to have at least 160 150 to ride in NorCal safely you cannot ride a smaller bike on this stuff just insane.

Lightme

Subscriber
Jul 17, 2020
Sydney
You are clearly are speaking for yourself. Let me help you. A rider should focus on whatever makes sense for them and purchase whatever they want. Ease off the cough medicine.
Sounds like you don’t want your bubble burst. But I agree, buy what makes you happy (as part of the “dentist brigade”).

KSL

Jul 10, 2021
SoCal
Sounds like you don’t want your bubble burst. But I agree, buy what makes you happy (as part of the “dentist brigade”).

What's this fascination with Dentists here? Bubble burst - Regarding what may I ask? Someone buys a new bike and automatically they're a dentist? Is this how the mind of a 5 year old works?

#warped

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL
Check out how this was done in the Rise. Firmware reduction in the motor power and thus a smaller battery with still great range.

Rise motor 60 N*M; rpm 75-90 (let's use 80); equals about 500 W. If the motor is 90% efficient (generous) the battery has to provide 555 W. The 360 W*H battery will be drained in about 40 minutes yet Orbea claims 2 hours at that level. Someone is breaking the laws of physics, my guess is it's their marketing department. ;)

Pdoz

Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
Rise motor 60 N*M; rpm 75-90 (let's use 80); equals about 500 W. If the motor is 90% efficient (generous) the battery has to provide 555 W. The 360 W*H battery will be drained in about 40 minutes yet Orbea claims 2 hours at that level. Someone is breaking the laws of physics, my guess is it's their marketing department. ;)

When the rise was released their marketing dept produced a " ride synergy" video with a torque CURVE , peaking at 60 nm each pedal stroke. Power being the area under that curve ?

Trail Blazer

Jun 13, 2021
Sweden
I got both the Rise and the Turbo Levo Gen 3.
I’m a 185 cm and 92 kilo 54 years and most of the rides are 1 to 1.5 hours with 200 to 500 meters climb in total.

I’m running 20% without assistance 35% eco 35% trail and 10% turbo/boost on my Rise. I use only 20% of battery normally per ride.

So I’m using on average 35 to 40 nm.

Riding the Turbo Gen 60 40 Eco Trail. Turbo mode is like Tesla ludicrous mode :-

If I could choose I would like the SP 8 RS on forthcoming Levo SL but it won’t happend due to Brose is their motors.

I will probably trade both for a forthcoming a Levo Sl with updated geo as of the current SP SJ Evo and a 60 nm engine.

Think “super lights” around 19 20 kilograms is the way to go at least for me.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Yeah, getting real close to 40 lbs...Still better than the K-SL however.

I am not exactly sure what you are referring to in comparing a Levo SL and Kenevo SL, they seem like quite different bikes? Most people change the suspension on the Levo SL, which adds some weight. For the type of riding I do, I don't care about a little extra weight and the rear suspension on the Kenevo SL looks really good.

soundwave

May 13, 2020
Helsinki, Finland

Check out the Orbea Rise threads in this very forum. Owners are riding easily 2-4 hour rides. I personally have riden max 2 hour rides with mostly trail/50Nm setting and still had 1/3 battery left. Range extended is also available for the Rise similar to SL.

I almost bought the SL but then the Rise was announced. I test drove the SL several times. Since the Rise has a stronger motor, more modern geo and weigh the same AND costs less, I can’t find any reasons anymore to favor the SL. This is why I am predicting that the next gen SL will have to fix the motor power and probably the geo as well.

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
I do not want more power from my SL. And the Rise is heavier part for part. If a new SL comes out and is heavier due to motor and battery I’d be gutted.
The only way more power can be put through the SL motor as it stands right now is to put in a steel cog…. And nobody (unless deaf) wants that.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles