Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Which pivot bolt?

Can you get Fox to warranty the shock and replace with a factory model? That would be the best fix imo to get as close as possible on a standard shock to a good tune (unless Ryan can modfy the elite model to function correctly with better LSC/HSC control).
It was the rear shock pivot. I had removed the shock at one point to add a volume spacer so it must have been then. Even though properly torqued.

if Ryan had to fiddle too much I was going to reach out to spesh and ask. Ryan stated he could get my shock pretty close to the factory at least on compression by adding adjustable hsc and tuning the hsr. But at this point just want to get it back to stock performance and evaluate my options

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Bunch of cheap parts to unload and no range extender. Pass. Could GAF about sworks. Wish they skipped the supergraphics but you get what you get.

But you replaced the usual parts (Zeb, X2 Factory (E-Storia incoming), DHR-Evos, AXS, OneUp (210mm), Nobl TR41s / DT240s, Cushcore (rear only) on the SWORK model that you would have replaced on the Comp so I am not following your logic? I had to buy an Expert (I don't like the white color) as it was only one available but will be replacing the fork, shock, wheels, brake levers and bars and with the $8k I save (its not to difficult to sell those parts during the shortage), I can buy a range extender if I can find one for sale and maybe I will add an SWORKS sticker :cool:

Kenevo.jpg

Andres_Mora

Oct 28, 2021
US
EXT hydrolic bottom out has saved my bacon so many times on the enduro.
It's to bad he fixed your X2 cause now you don't need to buy mine (messaged me on PB). Really enjoying Estoria on mine (also have storia on my other bike). I am waiting on a set of heavier springs tho...

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
But you replaced the usual parts (Zeb, X2 Factory (E-Storia incoming), DHR-Evos, AXS, OneUp (210mm), Nobl TR41s / DT240s, Cushcore (rear only) on the SWORK model that you would have replaced on the Comp so I am not following your logic? I had to buy an Expert (I don't like the white color) as it was only one available but will be replacing the fork, shock, wheels, brake levers and bars and with the $8k I save (its not to difficult to sell those parts during the shortage), I can buy a range extender if I can find one for sale and maybe I will add an SWORKS sticker :cool:

View attachment 77465

I didnt replace anything I got a frame set. Why are we arguing about this? Enjoy your bike bud, I’m sure it’s rad 👍

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
I didnt replace anything I got a frame set. Why are we arguing about this? Enjoy your bike bud, I’m sure it’s rad 👍

OMG... I am so sorry. I must have both misread one of the previous posts and also was projecting my vehemence towards Specialized for only offering a frame set in the "SWORKS" form factor. I too would have liked to have bought a frame set instead of an entire bike. I am happy to see you are getting your bike the way you want it (sounds like a great build!), as we should at these prices. Happy trails!

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
OMG... I am so sorry. I must have both misread one of the previous posts and also was projecting my vehemence towards Specialized for only offering a frame set in the "SWORKS" form factor. I too would have liked to have bought a frame set instead of an entire bike. I am happy to see you are getting your bike the way you want it (sounds like a great build!), as we should at these prices. Happy trails!

All good. I’m no sworks fanboy that’s for sure.

Tore down a couple of comp Enduros during the pandemic cause I could t get a frameset (built one, cracked it, built another while waiting for the warranty). I’m still swimming in own-brand parts 🤣.

Wanted a frame cause I just demolished a Stumpy so had the parts ready.

Priced out the comp KSL vs. sworks frame set and it just barely didn’t pencil (it was close). I like the comp graphics better, but I figured I’d be in the hole on time/money after selling the parts, shipping, PayPal fees just to get the frame.

Been hankering for this rig since day one… finally time to ride this thing 🤘

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
EXT US has E-Storias in stock at 230x65 but could be several weeks to get a 230x62.5.

Anyone know if 230x65 will clear? Any other issues to be aware of?

Thanks!

Andres_Mora

Oct 28, 2021
US
How are you finding the small bump suppleness and handling of high speed chatter on the e-storia? Compared to stock?
Hmm honestly this is hard for me to answer. I got the ext because I want more support/consistency in chunk/control, not because I want more small bump. I'm a fairly aggressive rider who prefers a firm feel. Regardless it's still a coil shock that can flow enough oil to not spike so wont ever be harsh but it does, thankfully, have meaningful dampening.

What I can say is that you gain a significant amount of support with ext without getting harsh like it gets with other shocks where it can feel like youre stuck tuning wise, minimal support yet it gets harsh with more compression.

I also really enjoy the rebound tuning on EXT generally. Super slow low speed, fast mid speed, normal/controlled high speed.

I was impressed with the stock X2 performance shock considering previous X2s on other bikes to be pretty damn bad. Felt fine for most stuff but when going fast/hitting chunk, I wanted more support and EXT delivers.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Turns out my mega creaking is the Fox 38 CSU. Went thru the normal cleaning and replacement process and the only thing that stopped the creaking was replacing the fork. I've never heard a fork creak so loudly as this one, sounds like carbon snapping on rough tracks. I can't generate the cracking on braking, only hitting rough tracks or on landing does it make itself known and then it is so distracting and detracts from the ride experience.

Mezzer fitted and all is back to silent. Also a great reminder of how good the Mezzer is too!

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
Turns out my mega creaking is the Fox 38 CSU. Went thru the normal cleaning and replacement process and the only thing that stopped the creaking was replacing the fork. I've never heard a fork creak so loudly as this one, sounds like carbon snapping on rough tracks. I can't generate the cracking on braking, only hitting rough tracks or on landing does it make itself known and then it is so distracting and detracts from the ride experience.

Mezzer fitted and all is back to silent. Also a great reminder of how good the Mezzer is too!

My 38 creaked after one lap at downieville.

Flip the bike over, remove the front wheel, and scissor the lowers hard (push one side fore and the other aft). If it’s the stanchions creaking you should hear it. Take a video and send to Fox politely requesting a new CSU.

Creaky steerer is harder to replicate off the bike for warranty. Good luck!

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
I passed over my fox hardware no problem. Did struggle getting lower eyelet to squeeze between the spacers. Seems like ext was fractionally wider and not rounded like the fox was. I sanded the spacers a tiny bit to get clearance.

Was hoping to get lucky and not have to struggle with this but no dice. It’s always something isn’t it…

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
You like Mezzer better than 38, aside from the creaking issue?
Initially I preferred the Mezzer over the 38 as the 38 felt just ok as standard. I then burnished the bushings in the 38, modified the damper to get the damping into a useable range and fitted a Luftkappe. Now I would say I prefer the 38 over the Mezzer as it has better small bump and over longer runs/days riding it leaves me less fatigued than the Mezzer. It is close though and a well set up Mezzer is hard to beat.

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
EXT E-Storia 230x65 installed. No DU bushings required, just reuse the Fox stuff. As others have mentioned the lower mount on the EXT is ever so slightly wider than the stock Fox, so you’ve got to sand down the lower mount spacers to get it to fit. About 80 firm circles on 80 grit per side plus another 20 on 120 grit to clean it up did the trick. Not gonna lie this was a pain in the ass.

I followed directions this time and cycled the shock without the spring first to verify clearance for the slightly longer 65mm stroke. It’s close but I honked on it pretty good to get the bottom out bump stop to compress and there was no contact visible anywhere so (hopefully) all good.

Install instructions / manual from EXT is a bit lean - 1 page with pretty iffy translations. I’m guessing the hydrolic bottom out is tuned like a damper where full clockwise is max compression damping. We’ll see!

EXT’s domestic supplier / servicer Suspension Syndicate in Utah are great guys. They got the shock shipped out same day after I emailed to inquire about using a 65mm stroke instead of the 62.5mm stock.

They also sent a free 3D printed adjustment tool. Although a very sweet gesture, the hex interface is a hair small to actually fit over the 12mm compression adjuster knob so technically not totally useable (although the thought is appreciated).

Hoping this slays like the Arma on my Enduro. Ride report incoming as soon as I can get things tuned up.
CADEEB5A-F945-42E3-B00F-5984B7C6F6E5.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles