2022 Giant Trance X E+Pro 29 Dropper post.

O'l Timer

Dec 28, 2019
kent
Gooday all. Can anyone recommend a rebuildable dropper post for my 2022 Trance X. Want to change out as my 2019 Trance E +2 pro that I want to sell has been waiting for the dropper gas strut since 11/21, and have been told not due in until end of June. This date continuously going backwards. Plan to put my 4 month old dropper onto this bike to sell, and put a new one on my "New" bike. But I'm after a rebuildable one so I can repair with a spares kit that I can keep ready in doors. If somebody has fitted an after market rebuildable one that they are happy to recommend, perhaps they can tell me. Many thanks.

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Hi, if you can swallow the price the rockshox reverb asx is the daddy imo, seem to be plenty of spares around and super easy to swap to your other bikes too

O'l Timer

Dec 28, 2019
kent
Gooday Rubinstein....thanks for your reply.....Gulp. I couldn't get the price near my mouth let alone swallow it.....:eek::LOL:. Couldn't believe my eyes....600 of our finest pounds seems a tad dear even if it is wireless activated. Just read several reviews and all the testers gave it very good marks. If I was to raise the funds for one of those my Wife would leave me......now there's a thought.....lol

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
:ROFLMAO:, Yup its grounds for divorce alright. Mine was Christmas present to self, but even then I took a few goes to hit the buy it now button.
But I have to say having used it now for 6 months I wouldn't go back to a normal dropper, I liked it so much I bought the axs shifter as well.
I hear good things about brand X droppers, (did a fair bit of research trying to justify getting the reverb) not used one myself but they seem quite similar to the giant ones and I think they also share some spares. Maybe the boffins hear can give some insight.

O'l Timer

Dec 28, 2019
kent
Gooday Rubinstein. Your correct I believe in that the Brand-X Ascend uses a similar gas strut as the Giant Contact dropper post. I've been waiting for 6 months now for a gas strut and been told another 2 months...possibly. Must be supply issues as noticed some tyres are also in short/none supply as well. Noticed good reviews for OneUp V2 droppers and about to e-mail them to see what their supply lines are like as they use a gas strut also ...with a schrader valve in one end to pressurise cylinder. Possibly their supplier may have stocks....and I will buy a spare strut from the start. Third of the price of the Rockshox. So will have to keep the Wife....lol

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
last time I looked CRC had brand X and oneup in stock, they also have the gas struts for brand X;)

Kiwi Giant

Subscriber
Feb 11, 2020
New Zealand
I purchased a Rainier Gen 3 Dropper Post & Loam Lever from PNW Components bases in Seattle WA, a couple of months ago. I've been very happy with their service, it comes with a lifetime warranty (that I haven't need to use) so that is reassuring, they shipped the dropper & lever with all associated parts and a spare cable down to NZ very quickly and most importantly it is a quality product. Very impressed.

The Rainier is equipped with a tool-less travel adjust system that enables riders to reduce their dropper’s travel in increments of 5mm and can be adjusted up to 30 mm. Great if you're in-between sizes and struggling to find the perfect seat height.

O'l Timer

Dec 28, 2019
kent
Gooday Rubinstein. Checked out CRC and couldn't see the OneUp dropper, eyesight not what it used to be. Brand X seem to list 4 struts and I would probably pick the wrong one and have to send back. Thanks anyway. Can get one from one of the German online store for 40 odd Euros. But when I went to pay, the basket says I need to spend 160 Euros to make all the paperwork needed since Brexit worthwhile. The Rainier Gen 3 dropper that Kiwi Giant posted looks very good value for money. Lifetime warranty.....they also do refurbed ones that are reconditioned at the HQ. Wished I had waited until I saw the post from KG. I stumbled on an Italian store that had 1 X Crankbrothers 7 Highline for sale in my size. Didn't want to miss so bought it. Got it for £140 + 11 for p&p.....+ vat and import duties. Thanks for both your inputs.

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Gooday Rubinstein. Checked out CRC and couldn't see the OneUp dropper, eyesight not what it used to be. Brand X seem to list 4 struts and I would probably pick the wrong one and have to send back. Thanks anyway. Can get one from one of the German online store for 40 odd Euros. But when I went to pay, the basket says I need to spend 160 Euros to make all the paperwork needed since Brexit worthwhile. The Rainier Gen 3 dropper that Kiwi Giant posted looks very good value for money. Lifetime warranty.....they also do refurbed ones that are reconditioned at the HQ. Wished I had waited until I saw the post from KG. I stumbled on an Italian store that had 1 X Crankbrothers 7 Highline for sale in my size. Didn't want to miss so bought it. Got it for £140 + 11 for p&p.....+ vat and import duties. Thanks for both your inputs.
We’ll done mate, glad your sorted, happy trailing 😎

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles