2022 Ebikes news, models, delivery dates, prices, etc...

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
In 2021 many unfortunately saw their delivery date pushed back twice.
Some cancelled some simply never received their expected Ebike.
Obviously parts supply wil still be a problem.
Please share what you find about X brand in Y country in Z currency.
Are they accepting deposits? Are they talking about price to be confirmed?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
For some bikes/models - it's just not even an option to order them anymore :

Screenshot 2021-04-20 09.33.23.png

The Flying Dutchman

E*POWAH Master
Jan 16, 2019
Wellington NZ
Anyone who is willing to hand over $10,000+ for a bike that they "maybe will get some time next year" is a sucker.

I'm willing to bet that at least one or two EMTB manufacturers will go under in the coming months - at least you could use your receipt to wipe the tears.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Anyone who is willing to hand over $10,000+ for a bike that they "maybe will get some time next year" is a sucker.

I'm willing to bet that at least one or two EMTB manufacturers will go under in the coming months - at least you could use your receipt to wipe the tears.

Is this just a theory or do you have some info from someone you can't tell people about?

In my local area we have some Trek and Giant stores that only sell those brands, with a lack of bikes and parts I wonder how one of these shops will survive. Most other shops have multiple brands so at least they are able to get some bikes, but a shop that only sell Giants and has zero bikes is in serious trouble.

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
Is this just a theory or do you have some info from someone you can't tell people about?

In my local area we have some Trek and Giant stores that only sell those brands, with a lack of bikes and parts I wonder how one of these shops will survive. Most other shops have multiple brands so at least they are able to get some bikes, but a shop that only sell Giants and has zero bikes is in serious trouble.
Part 1-- I guess it depends from shop to shop but many shop might ask for a 10-20% deposit and Giant or an other manufacturer does not get it until they deliver. For direct to customer i guess it depends from brand to brand.
Part 2-- My LBS sells Giant, Trek and about 3 small brands. Being a regular i talk with the manager and before pandemic the business was fine. It seems Giant pre-orderer parts and are able to deliver their usual amount of bikes for 2021 but in a drip pattern. Their computer says for example model x you will receive a small week 22(my bike that i pre-ordered at the end of february), an other week 32, a large week 48 because many manufacturers closed for some weeks.
A friend told me a different manufacturer got cold feet when they saw the pandemic, did not pre-ordered parts so they are selling 2022, the 2021 is a less than normal amount of bikes because parts are just not available.
A shop with an empty floor might just have sold their usual amount of bikes at full price(no need for discounts) so their income might be higher. If a few shops and a few manufacturers close, it is life, the others will have plenty of business. Obviously i am describing what is happening in Canada but from what i hear and read most countries are about in the same situation. Many shops do not answer the phone it means they are crazy busy with new customers and their previous customers.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Bike business is in crazy status (new and used bikes, repairs, components, gear, etc) . Nevertheless there are some struggling due to shortage of stocks.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles