Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Under the cross bar directly under the Levo sticker

1601673441425.png

JetSedgwick

E*POWAH Master
Aug 29, 2020
Lake Tahoe California
Hello all, I just wanted to say Hi and introduce my new 2021 Specialized Turbo Levo to the group. I have had the bike for a few months and just wanted to say how much I love it. I have put a few hundred miles on it thus far and it has been all smiles. I made some minor adjustments like changing out the pedals, and adding front and rear fenders as well as a 50mm Vibrocore handlebar. It rides like a dream once I took it to a local bike shop and had them add air to adjust the front suspension and rear suspension to handle my weight. It glides down hills like cloud. If you can get your hands on one I highly recommend it.
View attachment 51196 View attachment 51197
cool. looks like Livermore-ish

JetSedgwick

E*POWAH Master
Aug 29, 2020
Lake Tahoe California
Just installed my new Öhlins m.2 fork... can’t use it yet as my front wheel won’t fit ?

I have the base model which came with the Rockshox 35 fork. On this fork it seems Specialized used the Rockshox specific 31mm torque caps on the hubs which don’t fit. Spoke to Specialized and they helped me out with the new part to adapt my existing front wheel.

View attachment 51847
Use the TARDIS to go back and tell them to make the wheel the right size? (bring K9)

DtEW

Dec 8, 2020
Bay Area, California
Joining the '21 Turbo Levo Comp Broken Spoke club. Broke one on the front wheel scrubbing-off speed on a mild fireroad descent.

Not entirely unexpected, given the known cheap spokes (DT "Industry" spokes are OEM-only, and have cut threads as opposed to the rolled threads of all their retail products), and the forum-documented failures. Preemptive replacement was considered, but I never quite got around to that.

Given that I've got 4 wheels (2x Levo Comps) that are going to be subject to this cheap-spoke issue, I'm not going to bother with the whole LBS song-and-dance and will just rebuild all the wheels myself with DT Alpine III's.

Spoke "measurements", for those interested.

Stock front wheel (28H 2x lacing): 284mm brake-side, 286mm drive-side
Stock rear wheel (28H 2x lacing): 281mm brake-side, 279mm drive-side

These are (recalled-from-memory) spoke measurements from the take-off spokes. This post was edited because somebody reminded me of its existence by inquiring about these measurements. This post will be edited again in a few hours once I can confirm my memory with another set of direct measurements.

Last edited:

Wheels

Dec 15, 2020
Astoria
@DtEW sorry to hear it. I didnt know broken spokes have been an issue , i have a 21 levo comp as well, thanks for the post. I was already planning on installing carbon rims when i bent the aluminum rims up, already have noticed a slight wobble in the rear after 4 months, but i hadn't considered broken spokes.

JhnRX7

Sep 14, 2020
USA
For anyone else (in the US) looking to upgrade their Rockshox 35 fork. This bike shop has added the part required to adapt your front hub to their website.

Mousepad90

Jul 8, 2020
Los Angeles
Got my bike back from the shop. They replaced my wheels under warranty. Actually upgraded me to CF! I did my second ride today on the resin pads and they are still silent. Really happy with them so far!

Is this a known problem? Mine just started doing the same and the squeaking is SO LOUD. Did the bike shop give you any background on if this is a known problem?

sirfive

Mar 18, 2021
Europe
Hi all!

Since one month now, my wife and I both have a Levo Comp 2021.
For her a Medium Spruce, for me a Large in Oak Green.
I am not much of a poster, but since I owe a lot of the good choices to this forum, I thought I'd post my choices here.

Ordered in September 2020, arrived at LBS in February 2021. Long wait, but worth it.
After purchase, these were the 'upgrades' we did:

1) Flat pedals: Shimano XT 8140
2) Shortened handlebars (more for my wife, less for me)
3) Grips: Ergon GS1 large
4) Lupine SL SF for front and Lupine C14 for rear
5) Garmin mtb mount
6) Wolftooth bottle shifter to make room for pump
7) Topeak minipump
8) Coastguard rear fender
9) Saddle to personal liking for my wife

Now first a lot of rides, getting used to the bike(s), finding the right settings for us of the suspension.
Later perhaps some changes.

On Garmin:
Connected the powermeter and cadence of the bike itself.
Connected my own garmin speed2 after mounting it on the front hub.
Installed the connectiq app 'EBIKE field' of JanCapek, providing the battery percentage.

Using the Specialized Mission Control (one time, will check probably every 3 months):
-to register the bike
-to verify the (close to zero) mileage after purchase
-to verify whether the firmware needed an update
-to set the shuttle mode and peak power (tune)

Thank you all for posting your experiences, so I could make my choices.
Happy riding!

Kiwibloke

Feb 27, 2021
Kent
Thought I would share my '21 TLC Specialized after todays ride, first time the bike has got this dirty, loved every minute of it.
Looking at the photo above, I need to get a bike rack, first I need to convince the wife that we need a tow bar, so far it hasn't worked.

IMG_0156.jpeg

willeco

Jul 28, 2020
Halle
Finally joined the Turbo Levo club. After 2 very good years on a Giant Trance, I sold it & got a 21 Specialized. Only rode it for 5.5 miles, but what a huge difference. I'm in love with the Levo

View attachment 56625
I had the same experience: coming from a Giant Trance e2 Pro and moving to the 2021 Leco Comp was a very good decision.
I have covered some 750 - mostly very wet/muddy - miles.

Wheels

Dec 15, 2020
Astoria
The levo is my first ebike, and actually the first bike ive bought in nearly 30 years.i test road a bulls ‘something’ for about 30 seconds after riding the levo it it confirmed it was the right bike for me. Out of curiosity, How would You compare the trance to the levo?

Jling

Oct 18, 2020
Westbourne Park
Picked up Turbo Levo Comp 2 weeks before X’mas 2020. Absolutely grinning from ear to ear. Done over 1000km and climbed over 12000m. Just had it serviced and changed all the tyres cause destroyed the rear tyre on the last ride. As a beginner, this bike for me is the best bang for my bucks !! Saw the new 2021 S-works and yes the power control on handle bars is different , top turbo button is now replaced with button to scroll screen on the down tube control

FA852C51-2BFD-4369-AE60-2BF8D88E4C28.jpeg
8605DDAF-F3D8-43FC-861B-6291F868E090.jpeg
422486A4-81A9-4EB4-B149-7FB9E64273E6.jpeg
E3C9CBEE-6511-4841-AD58-4C5010E1ABD4.jpeg

Jling

Oct 18, 2020
Westbourne Park
Hi all!

Since one month now, my wife and I both have a Levo Comp 2021.
For her a Medium Spruce, for me a Large in Oak Green.
I am not much of a poster, but since I owe a lot of the good choices to this forum, I thought I'd post my choices here.

Ordered in September 2020, arrived at LBS in February 2021. Long wait, but worth it.
After purchase, these were the 'upgrades' we did:

1) Flat pedals: Shimano XT 8140
2) Shortened handlebars (more for my wife, less for me)
3) Grips: Ergon GS1 large
4) Lupine SL SF for front and Lupine C14 for rear
5) Garmin mtb mount
6) Wolftooth bottle shifter to make room for pump
7) Topeak minipump
8) Coastguard rear fender
9) Saddle to personal liking for my wife

Now first a lot of rides, getting used to the bike(s), finding the right settings for us of the suspension.
Later perhaps some changes.

On Garmin:
Connected the powermeter and cadence of the bike itself.
Connected my own garmin speed2 after mounting it on the front hub.
Installed the connectiq app 'EBIKE field' of JanCapek, providing the battery percentage.

Using the Specialized Mission Control (one time, will check probably every 3 months):
-to register the bike
-to verify the (close to zero) mileage after purchase
-to verify whether the firmware needed an update
-to set the shuttle mode and peak power (tune)

Thank you all for posting your experiences, so I could make my choices.
Happy riding!

I’m using Garmin Edge 520 - can it read from the bike cadence and power meter ? how is it done ? THANKS

Fast Willy

May 17, 2019
Delaware
The levo is my first ebike, and actually the first bike ive bought in nearly 30 years.i test road a bulls ‘something’ for about 30 seconds after riding the levo it it confirmed it was the right bike for me. Out of curiosity, How would You compare the trance to the levo?
Well only ridden it 5.5 miles I would say the 2 biggest differences are front end weight is noticebly lighter & the motor is more smooth yet delivers better power on the few hills i tried.

JBel

Aug 8, 2020
CA
Brakes
My wife and I have ’21 Levo Comps. We love the bikes but the OEM brakes were horrendous. They make so much noise that all the animals leave the forest and trees fall down.

When I replaced the OEM brakes I found that after about 800 miles they were hardly worn down - except for my wife’s front brakes. We had a discussion on brake modulation using both front and rear brakes. However, I could not believe how much pad was left. The OEM brakes must be much too hard.

I replaced the originals with MTX Red Label RACE Pads and they are spectacular. They do what they are supposed to do, but, the do it without noise. When replacing the pads I first removed and sanded the rotors. Then, I seated the new brakes using ten runs of speed to walking speed (but never a stop). This seemed to work well.

One note: I called a company about pads that I thought would be Competitive based on their YouTube videos and name. They did not help at all. The salesperson seemed confused that I wanted aftermarket brake pads that were not made by Specialized. He kept trying to sell me the Specialized pads. I called MTX directly and the guy was extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

Saddles
I did replace my wife’s saddle with an Ergon SM E-Mountain Core Prime Saddle - Stealth, Womens. She loves it. The original seat was fine but she said the new seat is better. I took her OEM Specialized seat and replaced a WTB saddle on my Spot Mayhem. It is much better than the WTB.

Maintenance
Another thing that I note is that I have not had to do much maintenance. All I have had to do is tighten the chain guard and tighten the speed magnet. No adjustment on the derailleurs. After each ride I do clean the bikes thoroughly and lube the chain. Every few rides I use some WPL Forkboost Oil.

Kiwibloke

Feb 27, 2021
Kent
They make so much noise that all the animals leave the forest and trees fall down.
:)

I replaced the originals with MTX Red Label RACE Pads and they are spectacular. They do what they are supposed to do, but, the do it without noise. When replacing the pads I first removed and sanded the rotors. Then, I seated the new brakes using ten runs of speed to walking speed (but never a stop). This seemed to work well.

Thanks for the info, do you have a link to the Pads please, my brakes work fine but do make a noise, the front makes a very quite noise like a woodpecker banging on a tree, just faint but it does get annoying, the back just squeal.

Thanks

JBel

Aug 8, 2020
CA
Thanks for the info, do you have a link to the Pads please, my brakes work fine but do make a noise, the front makes a very quite noise like a woodpecker banging on a tree, just faint but it does get annoying, the back just squeal.

Thanks
Sorry this took so long. I have not been on the thread.

Here is the link to the MTX Red Label RACE Brake Pads.

They also have Gold pads but I chose the Red.

Good luck. Hope you get rid of the woodpecker and the squeal.

Kiwibloke

Feb 27, 2021
Kent
Sorry this took so long. I have not been on the thread.

Here is the link to the MTX Red Label RACE Brake Pads.

They also have Gold pads but I chose the Red.

Good luck. Hope you get rid of the woodpecker and the squeal.
Thanks JBel, I did a search and found them pretty easy, MTX deliver to the Uk so I've ordered some and they should be here soon.

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
I found a shop selling those MTX red pads over here in the UK. But wow, nearly £50 for 2 pairs of brake pads?..
Are they really twice as good as say a set of Uberbike E-Matrix?

Kiwibloke

Feb 27, 2021
Kent
I found a shop selling those MTX red pads over here in the UK. But wow, nearly £50 for 2 pairs of brake pads?..
Are they really twice as good as say a set of Uberbike E-Matrix?
Yeah they cost me $81.00 USA so about the same, I'll let you know when I get them and fit them.

kwolfkill

Jan 17, 2021
Washington, USA
I've got a half dozen rides on MTX Gold pads with Hope 220mm rotors and couldn't be happier. At least as powerful as the stock Shimano metallic pads, but better modulation and no noise. This is on steep technical descents with a lot of heavy and/or prolonged application. Plus MTX's customer service is excellent. I had a question that was immediately answered via their site's chat function by an actual employee. Highly recommend.

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
New tyres day. I Swapped originals to Butcher 2.6 Grid Trail T9 and Eliminator 2.6 Gravity T7/T9. Also asssembled Huck Norris-inserts to both ends. No more Nasty Dents, Snakebites or Bruce Leaks i hope. ;)

Original tyres are very good for stock tyres but 2.3 on rear causes dents to my Roval rim. And to front i wanted even more grip. New tyres are now on my second wheelset. DT Swiss E1900. Very good and cheap wheelset In my opinion.

31CF4DB2-A803-40B2-B431-A4D83D6FAF7C.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles