Levo Gen 2 2021 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
New tyres day. I Swapped originals to Butcher 2.6 Grid Trail T9 and Eliminator 2.6 Gravity T7/T9. Also asssembled Huck Norris-inserts to both ends. No more Nasty Dents, Snakebites or Bruce Leaks i hope. ;)

Original tyres are very good for stock tyres but 2.3 on rear causes dents to my Roval rim. And to front i wanted even more grip. New tyres are now on my second wheelset. DT Swiss E1900. Very good and cheap wheelset In my opinion.

View attachment 62128

Nice!

What frame bag are you using @brilleaux? it looks a perfect fit :)

Stan23

Sep 6, 2021
San Jose, CA
For anyone else (in the US) looking to upgrade their Rockshox 35 fork. This bike shop has added the part required to adapt your front hub to their website.

I bumped into the same issue with my wife's base model MY21 Levo. I had removed the suspension from my Comp model and thought it would be easy to source non-Torque caps for the hubs, but turns out these are the cheapest of the cheap hubs and while I found the end cap part number as mentioned above--they are not possible to order on shopbikesupply (not in stock) or any other authorized Specialized dealer. I also cold called about 10 specialized dealers to see if maybe they had the caps laying around as this hub is used on many other bikes. No dice.

I went out and bought her a new Roval Traverse SL Alloy front wheel, which was much higher quality than the stock base wheel. My only regret is I should have bought the set. Specialized sells the front only - or the set, no rear only option. So i'll have to wait til a rear pops up sometime.

From then, I was able to mount the Fox 36 fork and and I even scored her a new take off DPX2 Performance Elite!

20210912_131541_resized.jpg

bpbike

Jan 6, 2022
Blue Hill, Maine, USA
Day 3 of my new COMP. Started getting loud noise and vibration from the rear brakes. Others have had this problem as well. I think I figured it out, its not the SLX brakes the problem.

The disk was a little loose and It wasn't noticeable to the naked eye. The centerlock nut with the magnet on the rear wheel from Specialized is wider than the stock Shimano nut. I just sanded it down a bit with some sandpaper against a flat surface and now it tightens the brake disk properly. No more noise or vibration

Ohh and broke a spoke at the threads on the rear wheel, make sure you tighten yours as they weren't too tight from the factory.

View attachment 45211

View attachment 45212

View attachment 45213

View attachment 45214
Thanks so much for the post! I've been having the same issue with my '21 comp and was searching for an answer on the issue... sounds like I found it!

TuomasR

Jan 14, 2022
Finland
I am planning to replace RS Deluxe with DVO Topaz. Does anyone have experiences on Topaz? For reference, it would be great to hear what volume band and bladder setup you use. My kitted weight is around 85 kg, and do have earlier experience from Topaz in my enduro bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles