2021 trek rail super deluxe ultimate thru shaft question

Dano78

Dec 3, 2019
Uk
Hi guys still looking to upgrade rear end of my trek rail 9.8 2020 , I want to stick with rockshox as i like the lyrik and have OCD about mis matching parts , does the rockshox ultimate thru shaft that comes standard with the higher end models have much low speed compression turns on it ? I'm worried that the non trunnion version will hit my frame it's a large thanks

Jamescoughlan

Subscriber
Jul 13, 2020
Aberporth
Hi there,
I have a 2020 Rail 9.8 and fitted a Fox DPX2 to replace the crappy ReActiv shock.

I also now have, in my possession, a 2021 Super Deluxe Ultimate RT3 straight off a 2021 Trek Rail 9.8 that my mate has bought. So it's effectively brand new, it's certainly not been ridden!

Therefore it's trunnion and fits perfectly! I tried it on my medium, out of interest, and it fits which you can see in the photos.

I "think" it's got 3 settings for compression - that is + / 0 / - plus the pedal platform option, so is that 6 settings!?!?. You can see them on the dial photo I've attached.

It's for sale now, he's bought an Ohlins coil o_O

£350 posted or if you're around Worcester / Stroud / Cardiff happy to meet.

IMG_2352.JPG

IMG_2353.JPG

IMG_2358.JPG

IMG_2359.JPG

IMG_2360.JPG

Stray cat

Aug 24, 2018
On the trails
Hi there,
I have a 2020 Rail 9.8 and fitted a Fox DPX2 to replace the crappy ReActiv shock.

I also now have, in my possession, a 2021 Super Deluxe Ultimate RT3 straight off a 2021 Trek Rail 9.8 that my mate has bought. So it's effectively brand new, it's certainly not been ridden!

Therefore it's trunnion and fits perfectly! I tried it on my medium, out of interest, and it fits which you can see in the photos.

I "think" it's got 3 settings for compression - that is + / 0 / - plus the pedal platform option, so is that 6 settings!?!?. You can see them on the dial photo I've attached.

It's for sale now, he's bought an Ohlins coil o_O

£350 posted or if you're around Worcester / Stroud / Cardiff happy to meet.

View attachment 41694

View attachment 41695

View attachment 41696

View attachment 41697

View attachment 41698

What about the Fox DPX2,better than stock one? Size was 230x60? What I don’t know,is the tune Trek Rails are running. I was offered a second hand one.
Thanks

Jamescoughlan

Subscriber
Jul 13, 2020
Aberporth
If you’re in the UK I sent the DPX2 to J tech suspension and for about £70 (I think) they changed the stroke and tune to match the Rail. Bargain!
It is shit loads better than the crappy Reactiv shock! I’m really pleased hence I didn’t even investigate using the 2021 rockshox shock.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles