2021 Trance X E+2 advice.

Maxijazz

Oct 12, 2020
Alcester
Hey everyone

I recently had my Specialized Turbo Levo nicked. Scumbags.
However this has presented me with an unexpected new bike day. Got to take the positives where we can get them.

Obviously, everyone is struggling for stock but I have found a Giant Trance X E+2 2021 and wondered if anyone had experience of both bikes?

The size chart for the Giants seem optimistic stating at 6”3 I’d only need a Large, is that accurate? The reach is almost identical to the Levi’s XL.
Welcome any feedback.
cheers

EnduroDad2k

Aug 19, 2021
Oakland, CA US
I’m enjoying the trance x e+3 but haven’t ridden a Specialized. Just wanted to chime in on sizing: I’m 5’10 and went with a medium. It’s just a tad short on the reach, otherwise perfect fit for my riding. Great climber, bit heavy, and I haven’t experienced any significant bb bashing despite the motor placement.

Maxijazz

Oct 12, 2020
Alcester
I’m enjoying the trance x e+3 but haven’t ridden a Specialized. Just wanted to chime in on sizing: I’m 5’10 and went with a medium. It’s just a tad short on the reach, otherwise perfect fit for my riding. Great climber, bit heavy, and I haven’t experienced any significant bb bashing despite the motor placement.

That’s great to hear that you’re loving riding it. Interesting about the size too.
The reach is stated as 480mm for the Large Giant and the same for the Specialized in XL.
I’ve also never tried the Yamaha motor, some reviews say it’s noisy, but as far as my experience goes you can hear them all, I suppose as long as it’s not screaming it’s fine.
Thanks for the input.

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Hey everyone

I recently had my Specialized Turbo Levo nicked. Scumbags.
However this has presented me with an unexpected new bike day. Got to take the positives where we can get them.

Obviously, everyone is struggling for stock but I have found a Giant Trance X E+2 2021 and wondered if anyone had experience of both bikes?

The size chart for the Giants seem optimistic stating at 6”3 I’d only need a Large, is that accurate? The reach is almost identical to the Levi’s XL.
Welcome any feedback.
cheers

I have a 2019 Giant Trance SX E+ 0 Pro .
When I was thinking of buying one the Giant fitting chart said I was firrmly in the small size range (5ft 6"), but when I tried it I found that when I stood over the crossbar I was squashed against the handlebar due to the distance between the handlebar and the saddle being too short, meaning that I was forced to stand over the highest point of the crossbar and had zero clearance.

I then tried a medium and found that although this was listed as having a higher standover height, in practice because it was longer between the saddle and the handlebar, I was able to stand over the lower part of the crossbar where there was more standover clearance than I had on the small bike, so I went for the medium.

There is no substitute for actually sitting on one if you really want to find out if a bike fits you.

Maxijazz

Oct 12, 2020
Alcester
I have a 2019 Giant Trance SX E+ 0 Pro .
When I was thinking of buying one the Giant fitting chart said I was firrmly in the small size range (5ft 6"), but when I tried it I found that when I stood over the crossbar I was squashed against the handlebar due to the distance between the handlebar and the saddle being too short, meaning that I was forced to stand over the highest point of the crossbar and had zero clearance.

I then tried a medium and found that although this was listed as having a higher standover height, in practice because it was longer between the saddle and the handlebar, I was able to stand over the lower part of the crossbar where there was more standover clearance than I had on the small bike, so I went for the medium.

There is no substitute for actually sitting on one if you really want to find out if a bike fits you.

That is true. It’s just ever more difficult to find one in a shop somewhere to swing a leg over.
I need to get online and see if I can find one local-ish.

Cory S

Aug 24, 2020
Bradford NH
I’m 5’10.5” and I ride a large Stance E+1. It fits me perfect, and would probably fit someone up to 6’1-6’2”, but at 6’3”, I would say XL would be ideal.

peterk

Jan 11, 2020
Canada
I'm 5'10" and have a Stance-e medium. I am happy with the sizing. I wouldn't want to go to a large. But I do think I am on the limit fir a medium.

I smashed my motor guard on my first trail ride. The Giant dealer I bought the bike from has twice received the wrong replacement part.. First time they ordered the wrong part and the second time Giant sent the wrong part. This process has taken 13 months and I still don't have the right part. This is ridiculous. I tried another Giant dealer and they told me to get the part front the dealer that sold me the bike.

I find the motor noisy. My neighbour has a Specialized that is much quieter.

But other than those issues, I like the bike.

BTW I bought a heavy duty motor guard from Amygos in France. Given the trails I ride, it gets hit every ride and has stood up well. Not cheap but works great.

Peter
Montreal, Canada

Goodmango13

Jan 25, 2020
NY
I've had the Trance X E+2, one in a large and then went to XL because it felt too small......I'm 6'1 and still felt the reach could have been longer for my likes....Then I switched to the 2020 Turbo Levo S-Works...XL
I absolutely love it and the sizing is perfect.
Obviously, a best fit is a very personal thing....I like to feel I'm "in" the bike not high on top...feels best for the tighter trails at speed.
You are taller than me at 6'3......I vote XL size.

Maxijazz

Oct 12, 2020
Alcester
Thanks, I had a lovely Turbo Levo 2021 until it was nicked by some thieving scumbags.
I’d have had another in a heartbeat but it’s a real struggle to get them.
The dealer the insurance company use have the arrange and to be honest it looks like a decent spec for the price.
I think the large will be fine, Throw a set of riser bars on it and I’m sure it’ll be great.
Great advice about the bash guard though.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles