2021 Marin Alpine Trail EMTB released

GordS

Jan 10, 2021
Brampton Ontario
I almost ordered the E2, I have a Marin Headlands 2 CF gravel bike and really enjoy it.
But delivery was listed as end of August and LBS had a medium Specialized Turbo Levo Comp available in stock.
I just couldn't wait that long....Will maybe consider it down the road. Currently loving my Levo Comp. My Headlands 2 is just not suited for the snowy trails locally. And doesn't have a motor lol.......

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Great video Duncan.

Still love Marin bikes!

Great memories of my Indian Fire Trail back in the early 90s and my wife had the Muirwoods.

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
Oh that's a bugger ? tbh I could ride both I know the reach is big on them depends on your body are u all legs or body long arms short arms ?

D3xt3rMTB

Subscriber
Mar 16, 2021
UK
Lucked in and managed to get the last XL E2 from my LBS for the April/May delivery. On paper has the geometry and sizing I was after (comparable to my enduro with a little less travel) so fingers crossed. At a little over 6'5" I'll no doubt have to make a few changes (riser bar etc) but looks like a good spec for the price.

smtkelly

Feb 13, 2020
ldn
I spoke to my LBS for an update they told me its now end of May/June however Marin answered me on FB saying delays means UK is looking like June, whether that's landing date, distributor or LBS having them they weren't clear ?

ddwadaw1.jpg

Delays just seem a part of life now oh well.

D3xt3rMTB

Subscriber
Mar 16, 2021
UK
Just had phone call from LBS. Had a Marin E2 on order (UK) and was supposed to be in the 1st batch of deliveries. They've been told that Marin haven't been able to produce the number of bikes they wanted to (about half) and as such my bike wouldn't be available till April 2022. Real shame as had the right geo, spec and price point for me but not waiting over a year for a bike from when I ordered (n)(n). Time to start looking again.

smtkelly

Feb 13, 2020
ldn
Just had phone call from LBS. Had a Marin E2 on order (UK) and was supposed to be in the 1st batch of deliveries. They've been told that Marin haven't been able to produce the number of bikes they wanted to (about half) and as such my bike wouldn't be available till April 2022. Real shame as had the right geo, spec and price point for me but not waiting over a year for a bike from when I ordered (n)(n). Time to start looking again.

Ack that sucks everything 20/21 so much gives me order anxiety from PC parts to bikes. I'm waiting too I could have bought a vitus I was in stock on wiggle when I looked. I held my nerve but I'll be gutted if my Marin doesnt come though.

You never know someone may have spread bet pre-orders on a few different bikes and not updated LBS they're no longer need it so you may get a call ?.

Last edited:

Jim-D

Dec 3, 2020
South Wales
So..... still not seen anybody on an E2 yet. Does anybody have any idea what month the first batch are going to show up?! The Megawatt and a few other recent releases are very tempting, but still want to hold on for the E2 ideally.

Zamzoo

Jun 18, 2020
UK
So..... still not seen anybody on an E2 yet. Does anybody have any idea what month the first batch are going to show up?! The Megawatt and a few other recent releases are very tempting, but still want to hold on for the E2 ideally.

So having just called my LBS, apparently the bikes are now (possibly) finally on the ship from Indonesia where they were held up waiting for a cargo slot. Expected by end of August / September. BUT this doesn't preclude any issues in the UK after that...

No mention from Marin to them of a supply reduction, but they got in super early last summer.

Swiftdaddy

Aug 14, 2021
I spoke to a Marin rep the other day. They told me that this bike is in super high demand (for obvious reasons) and that a batch will be shipped to dealers in about 6-8 weeks. They said if your dealer had placed an order early then you might be getting your bike in sometime within that timeframe. However, if your dealer just placed an order only recently then you’re definitely looking at 2022.

I purchased my preorder yesterday. I’m wondering if it’s worth waiting potentially til summer 2022… it’s a sweet ass bike that checks every box for me. I have RIP e9’s available at my local shop but idk I really want this friggin Marin.

has anyone received one yet?

GordS

Jan 10, 2021
Brampton Ontario
This was going to be my first choice also back last year when they were announced. LBS listed as available in August/Sept 2021. I just could not wait a whole year and my other LBS had a 2021 Turbo Levo Comp in my size available at the time. I have no regrets and love my Levo.
I have a Marin Headlands 2 gravel bike and love it also.

DtEW

Dec 8, 2020
Bay Area, California
I spoke to a Marin rep the other day. They told me that this bike is in super high demand (for obvious reasons) and that a batch will be shipped to dealers in about 6-8 weeks. They said if your dealer had placed an order early then you might be getting your bike in sometime within that timeframe. However, if your dealer just placed an order only recently then you’re definitely looking at 2022.

I purchased my preorder yesterday. I’m wondering if it’s worth waiting potentially til summer 2022… it’s a sweet ass bike that checks every box for me. I have RIP e9’s available at my local shop but idk I really want this friggin Marin.

If you don't have an eMTB yet... then the answer is no. A year of your life in normal times is already too much to wait for any product if there are feasible (but not perfect) alternatives. On a darker note, over 4 million people didn't think that 2020/2021 was going to be the last year of their lives. So seize the day.

Also, sweeter bikes will surely be announced (if not actually available... or maybe?) in 2022.

smtkelly

Feb 13, 2020
ldn
I regert waiting for my E2 Dec pre-order (still no confirmed dates in the UK) Should have bought a vitus back in feb/march. My experience with Marin has been a massive let down.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I regert waiting for my E2 Dec pre-order (still no confirmed dates in the UK) Should have bought a vitus back in feb/march. My experience with Marin has been a massive let down.

It's not just Marin that would have broken your heart.....lol
I work at a shop, one of my buddy's ordered a customer painted Orbea Rise last November and it just showed up today.....lol We ordered bikes in January that aren't arriving till spring of 2022.

Swiftdaddy

Aug 14, 2021
Has anyone actually gotten one of these yet that actually showed up and is not just a preorder? Local shop had the E1 which I would’ve bought if it weren’t for the outdated weaker motor..

Trx500rr

Sep 24, 2021
Chanute Kansas
I've had the E2 ordered since March and was told possible delivery in December or January, that's the latest report. Originally ordered for my wife to help her on the climbs. I found a 2022 E1 in stock had it about a couple of weeks now it's our first ebike it's a blast to ride. It is a balanced jumping bike. I thought US models pedal assisted up to 20 mph but it stops at 15 mph. Is there a possible way to change it to 20 mph?

Pickle1970

Oct 7, 2020
Aylesbury
Rose my mates E2 last weekend, it's amazing!
Ordered mine in January and still waiting, my E2 should be here in November/December with any luck. Can't believe I've waited almost a year for the damn thing.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles