2021 Levo

comtn

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
Colorado Springs
Curious if anyone has heard rumors of any changes. Trying to decide if I should upgrade the wife's '18 now or wait until the fall when the '21 comes out.

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Curious if anyone has heard rumors of any changes. Trying to decide if I should upgrade the wife's '18 now or wait until the fall when the '21 comes out.

Depends what your looking for!

New releases tend to be every 6-8 months and old models then get discounted.

Thing is, it’s like laptops and phones. Your best just buying when you want to rather than wait for the next tech...unless you have a deep wallet..!

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
I think most of us believe it will have the “Specialized” (Mahle manufactured) motor from the Levo SL/Creo replacing the Brose. They might have to tweak for higher power output, but a bigger heat sink should be all that is required.

Whilst there is no doubt the Brose has a very natural feel, it has some fundamental weaknesses (for instance the excessive number of ports where water can get in, and that quiet but vulnerable belt). Most of these are because it wasn’t purpose designed for ebike usage. Many still like the motor, but it has clearly cost Spec a packet in warranty replacements and they have sunk so much cash into the partnership with Mahle it’s hard to think that they will keep Brose in the lineup for their next generation of bikes.

More info...

Any answers at Spesh day about motor and moisture issues ? - EMTB Forums

Last edited:

ZeLeo

Oct 1, 2018
Brazil
I think most of us believe it will have the “Specialized” (Mahle manufactured) motor from the Levo SL/Creo replacing the Brose. They might have to tweak for higher power output, but a bigger heat sink should be all that is required.

Whilst there is no doubt the Brose has a very natural feel, it has some fundamental weaknesses (for instance the excessive number of ports where water can get in, and that quiet but vulnerable belt). Most of these are because it wasn’t purpose designed for ebike usage. Many still like the motor, but it has clearly cost Spec a packet in warranty replacements and they have sunk so much cash into the partnership with Mahle it’s hard to think that they will keep Brose in the lineup for their next generation of bikes.

More info...

Levo Evo maybe?
170mm fox 38
Mahle engine
120Np
700w + 500w extra?
@SPECIALIZED listen?⚡???

Canmore TLCC 29

Jun 16, 2020
Canmore, AB Canada

More info...

No plans to replace the Brose on full fat bikes for 2021, so say they.

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
No plans to replace the Brose on full fat bikes for 2021, so say they.
They will continue with Brose until their contract runs out I am sure, but I don't think anyone knows when that will be - it appears it will cover at least MY 2021. As soon as that contract is up though they are sure to drop Brose; you don't create a partnership to develop a completely bespoke motor like they have with Mahle then keep buying units from another supplier.

WillN

Jul 8, 2020
Los Angeles
re: the Video
(about 14 mins) Totally dodged the reliability issue.
We want to trust the guy, he is after all wearing jeans, t-shirt and trainers... but he did not answer the question. The way journalists handle this is they just keep asking the important question, maybe rephrasing it a bit, and then pointedly saying, "You haven't answered the important question...." When I read that they are using a different motor, I got interested. Maybe they solved the problem? Ducking the question strongly indicates "Nope."
After about 18 minutes I stopped watching. What would be the point? "What do you mean it's broken? it's the new color."
Maybe 2022.....
Whoever makes an EMTB with a motor that doesn't 'just break' or that we can DIY fix (for much less than $1200) will win - they'll certainly get my money.

ZeLeo

Oct 1, 2018
Brazil
see photos on instagram ebike bh.Brakes Magura, electronic Sram, Fox 2021.
Screenshot_20200711-210226_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20200712-071055_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200712-070853_Instagram.jpg

RobNevyn

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Nov 19, 2018
Central Coast NSW Australia
Wow $ 14000 for expert model. Making my second hand expert purchase with only 30 ks on the clock for $8000 look like an investment.
$8k for that was a good buy for sure.

$10200.00 for the Levo Comp running SLX and Fox 36 Rhythm is poor value, do people pay full retail on Levo's?
I know most bike shops will do better than list price but wasn't sure if that was the case with Levo's.
I now wonder what the other 2021 price hikes will be from other manufacturers.

Matt_Rider

Jul 13, 2020
Melbourne Australia
$8k for that was a good buy for sure.

$10200.00 for the Levo Comp running SLX and Fox 36 Rhythm is poor value, do people pay full retail on Levo's?
I know most bike shops will do better than list price but wasn't sure if that was the case with Levo's.
I now wonder what the other 2021 price hikes will be from other manufacturers.

Be interesting to see what they can be bargained down to. We are looking at buying 3 Levo's at the same time here in Melbourne. It's down to the Levo Comp and the YT Decoy Comp.

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK
Still no carbon comp for the UK and still no Frame,motor, battery and associated wiring, tcu etc.. option (this was offered in Germany on the 2020 s-works)

Expert has gone up by £500 to £7750!!! but has gained FOX forks and rear shock, 12 speed X01, 35mm dia bars and stem but only one colour option

On my 3rd Levo/kenevo in 4 years and cant see me getting a 4th one next time i want to upgrade

It seems the comp now comes with Shimano hubs according the spec list (presume due to the 12 speed shimano groupset and Specialized not having a microspline freehub for their own hubs)

The entry level, expert and s-works still have the same Specialized hubs they have been coming with for the last few years

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I've just realised, it's not a price hike, it's a prepay deposit for all the motors it's going to need...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles