Levo SL Gen 1 2021 Levo SL Comp Carbon Green

Lightme

Subscriber
Jul 17, 2020
Sydney
I’ve put a deposit down on this colour in Sydney, should be coming this week. Psyched. RockShox super delux and Lyrik ultimate, GX drivetrain, Enve bar being added.

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
I like the colour and the visible weave at showroom conditions but it wouldn't look like that for long in my hands on the trail. Suggest the buyer tapes it up.

oh and the shop's sticker would have to come off ... hardly subtle is it?

hansfrans

Jun 28, 2020
Earth
AAAAAnnnddd THATS why I went with the alloy, £1000 more for a crap finish and negligible weight gain!!!!!!!
You obviously never rode a carbon bike...
But all good, I got the alloy one too...;)

edit: so you actually did ride the carbon one.. then sorry but you just don’t know what you are talking about.

MLX John

Jun 20, 2020
albuquerque, nm
I don’t get the pudding thing. When something is better at performance and people say it doesn’t look good they’re not getting the point. It’s usually women that take form over function and overtly pick apart the better performing thing based on looks.

sorry your missed can’t cook.

He was talking about the towing capacity, actually lack thereof. It can't even " pull the skin off a rice pudding and would be useless towing 3.5 tons".

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, everyone is different. In my opinion, the green clear coat is beautiful and clearly screams performance, especially the carbon layers being visible underneath. Some people like it, some don't.

Also, carbon is superior to aluminum in ride quality based on my experience. <-Subjective opinion, YMMV. I've owned multiple high end full suspension bikes, aluminum and carbon. I'm old (50)

My F150 can pull more than 3.5 tons, and I frequently do that. And because it is a high performance vehicle (3.5 375hp 470 torque) does not mean it's going to be ugly. It (and other Trucks) looks way cooler than an AMG BTW.

Last edited:

lmartins

Sep 19, 2018
Portugal
While I don't love the color, I really like the effect/textures added by the fibers passing through the paint. Looks pretty cool!

Hugh-Jazz

Jan 15, 2020
San Marcos, CA
I think it looks great, but I’ve always wondered how much UV protection there is from a clear urethane finish. A pigment will protect the epoxy from degradation due to UV exposure.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles