Levo SL Gen 1 2021 Levo SL Comp Carbon Green

Moe Ped

Apr 19, 2020
Perth Australia
Took some outside photos today the Colour is nice but really shows the carbon fibre layers underneath the clear coat, not really my cup of tea.

P6240088.jpg

P6240089.jpg

P6240090.jpg

P6240092.jpg

P6240093.jpg

P6240095.jpg

P6240097.jpg

P6240100.jpg

P6240101.jpg

Moe Ped

Apr 19, 2020
Perth Australia
I think we get different colours in Australia this replaces the berry one and the black continues for the Comp Carbon.

have not seen the other models yet.

Julie

May 24, 2020
San Diego
The visible carbon markings are very unattractive to me. Unlike the older style of carbon “cloth” where you could see organized fibers in neat layouts, the modern appearance is just blotchy and ugly. At first I thought there were dust patches on the frame...but they didn’t wipe off ! It is tolerable when there is a partial layer of (very pretty Oil Slick) paint on the upper half, but when the entire frame is “raw” carbon, it is a hot mess.

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
The visible carbon markings are very unattractive to me. Unlike the older style of carbon “cloth” where you could see organized fibers in neat layouts, the modern appearance is just blotchy and ugly. At first I thought there were dust patches on the frame...but they didn’t wipe off ! It is tolerable when there is a partial layer of (very pretty Oil Slick) paint on the upper half, but when the entire frame is “raw” carbon, it is a hot mess.
I agree, when you look at companies such as Hope and Unno, acoustic bikes I know, and see the stunning detail in their carbon layup Specialized just looks like a cheap and lazy approach.

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
It’s actually a different layup approach for this type of carbon rather than using a regular weave. They’re just displaying it with a deep lacquer type finish.

Obviously an acquired taste :)

Konanige

Feb 29, 2020
Mendips
Sounds like its all getting a bit personal here. I have ridden both alloy and carbon models back to back on the same trails and didn't see any performance advantage. Nor did I find the carbon cooler, I was sweating my ass off on both bikes!!!! And for the record I don't own an AMG as it couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding and would be useless towing 3.5 tons, and my Missus was Prom queen and cant cook for shit!!!

Moe Ped

Apr 19, 2020
Perth Australia
£1000 more for a crap finish and negligible weight gain!!!!!!!

What is the weight difference between the carbon and aluminium?

I bought the Carbon because I liked it and could afford the extra, if you are buying a bike that’s called a super light I felt get the lightest frame possible. Didn’t bother checking how much difference there was and was planning on replacing some of the stock components to make it even lighter anyway.

I wouldn’t call it a crap finish just different, assume you have also seen it in real life?

Last edited:

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
What is the difference between the carbon and aluminium?

I bought the Carbon because I liked it and could afford the extra, if you are buying a bike that’s called a super light I felt get the lightest frame possible. Didn’t bother checking how much difference there was and was planning on replacing some of the stock components to make it even lighter anyway.

I wouldn’t call it a crap finish just different, assume you have also seen it in real life?
Don't worry, it's just a different finish compared to others, one thing I would suggest so as to protect the finish and the carbon, would be www.invisiframe.co.uk, it's worth the investment as a friend of mine found out this morning, no protection resulted in a 2inch long scratch on his top tube when it slipped along a concrete gate post, with Invisiframe it wouldn't have got through to the original finish, plus it protects your bike for future sell on value.

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
What is the weight difference between the carbon and aluminium?

Around 800g difference. Paint around 100g if you want to run the alu raw ;)

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
Actual measurements here for the Alu frame:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles