Levo SL Gen 1 2021 Levo Comp SL (aluminum)

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
Can someone please verify that on the 2021 Levo SL Comp that there is no cover on the back of the chainstay on the aluminum model?

I’ve looked at one in two at different shops, neither one had any cover (I could see cables through the gap from the drive side)...I’m used to seeing a nicer cover on the SL’s (than what is on my 2020 Levo Comp).

It is kind of odd that a cover would be missing on the two I looked at...now I wonder if maybe there is no cover for the aluminum model...

Thanks.

Hugh-Jazz

Jan 15, 2020
San Marcos, CA
756BEEF9-DC12-423E-A3AE-04F48B182D1B.jpeg

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
Can someone please verify that on the 2021 Levo SL Comp that there is no cover on the back of the chainstay on the aluminum model?

I’ve looked at one in two at different shops, neither one had any cover (I could see cables through the gap from the drive side)...I’m used to seeing a nicer cover on the SL’s (than what is on my 2020 Levo Comp).

It is kind of odd that a cover would be missing on the two I looked at...now I wonder if maybe there is no cover for the aluminum model...

Thanks.

Post a piccy

KeithR

Jul 1, 2020
Blyth, Northumberland

Thanks.
Mine's the same as Hugh-Jazz's.

But cleaner..!

:sneaky:

Last edited:

Konanige

Feb 29, 2020
Mendips
Yep your right there is no cover. Thats because its made out of metal and not plastic so is less likely to die if it gets struck by a stray stone from the tyre!???

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California

Thanks for the pic.

The two I saw were missing that screwed down cover (but had been added since my first visit...looked like someone forgot it during assembly)...I decided to get a Carbon comp instead.

I don’t like that gap...always getting stuff in my Levo’s gap...sometimes run a 2.8 in back, so fender choice is limited.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Thanks for the pic.

The two I saw were missing that screwed down cover (but had been added since my first visit...looked like someone forgot it during assembly)...I decided to get a Carbon comp instead.

I don’t like that gap...always getting stuff in my Levo’s gap...sometimes run a 2.8 in back, so fender choice is limited.
You can use this, works as they say

ChrisBrand

Nov 18, 2020
Pretoria
I asked when I bought mine and yes the Alu comp does not get that cover. Strange maybe, someone from Specialized can tell us why?

Ferd

Nov 30, 2020
CA
Mine is like that. No cover. I'm going to fashion one from a piece of inner tube and some sticky glue. Or maybe a piece of neoprene.

MSH

Nov 8, 2020
Spain

Thanks.
I just put some foam in my ex stumpy. Works like a charm and dare I say better than the OEM rubber.

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
I just put some foam in my ex stumpy. Works like a charm and dare I say better than the OEM rubber.
I ended up getting a Carbon Comp SL...no issue on that bike.

What exactly did you use on your ex stumpy?

I had to use a zip tie to get the weeds out of my Levo’s gap.

I hadn‘t considered putting something inside the gap.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles