Palm Beach FL USA
What do you guys think about this one ???? View attachment 40372
77CB5832-10D7-41CB-AA73-51481C7EC120.png

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Its a bike I would love to try, dont think its one I would want to own though as I just dont ride the terrain for it on a regular basis.

thewrx

Sep 4, 2019
US
the motor mount looks like an afterthought, especially the transition from the down tube and seat tube.\

It makes sense, keeps options open to use any motor setup, but reminds me of cheap korean car maker not a highend bike like you would expect from husky.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I think Husky make quite a point of it being a design feature, I quite like it - as an FYI Husquavana bikes have nothing to do with the Motorcycle brand IIRC

PSI

Sep 15, 2020
Palm Beach FL USA
... Husky needs the TQ THP 120 Motor ... then it would be perfect ... ❤❤

Hopefully we see a detailed review soon ...

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
They’re made by Haibike so I would expect the design thinking to be on par with their other bikes. Have not done any direct geometry comparisons though.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Aren't Cube also made by Haibike?

The Husky looks awesome, perfect for the Swinley Alps... :ROFLMAO:

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
They’re made by Haibike so I would expect the design thinking to be on par with their other bikes. Have not done any direct geometry comparisons though.

Nope

"
Puello’s Pexco Company Launches Husqvarna and Raymon
Home
HAMBURG, Germany – Last Tuesday Pexco GmbH officially launched its first e-bikes as well as regular bicycles at its “Let’s Get Started Tour 2018”. Pexco owners and former Winora managers Susanne and Felix Puello, also reputed for the Haibike e-MTB successes, debuted Husqvarna and Raymon branded bikes."

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
Nope

"
Puello’s Pexco Company Launches Husqvarna and Raymon
Home
HAMBURG, Germany – Last Tuesday Pexco GmbH officially launched its first e-bikes as well as regular bicycles at its “Let’s Get Started Tour 2018”. Pexco owners and former Winora managers Susanne and Felix Puello, also reputed for the Haibike e-MTB successes, debuted Husqvarna and Raymon branded bikes."

Nope? Doesn’t the Puello family own the Winora group which owns Haibike ? And now the Puello family have licensed the Husqvarna brand too although in a separate entity together with KTM.

At least I know for a fact that the Haibike Design Center designed Husqvarna bikes as well.

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
"Susanne Puello, long-standing Managing Director of the Winora Group, is leaving the organization. She has resigned her post of her own free will and with immediate effect. “After an unprecedented success story, I leave the company with a heavy heart. ...Mar 27, 2017"

Not trying to be argumentative, I just remembered reading about this when it happened. However...

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
Ok, can we agree at least that there have been several connections to Haibike ? Rob’s emtb podcast also featured an interview with a bike designer at Haibike that also designed Husqvarna just last year. I understand they have parted ways though.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Ok, can we agree at least that there have been several connections to Haibike ? Rob’s emtb podcast also featured an interview with a bike designer at Haibike that also designed Husqvarna just last year. I understand they have parted ways though.
This was @eebit who worked for a design agency, working on a variety of different bikes, prior to forming HDCM, the design partner to Haibike. As far as I k ow there’s no connection between Haibike and Husqvarna.

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
This was @eebit who worked for a design agency, working on a variety of different bikes, prior to forming HDCM, the design partner to Haibike. As far as I k ow there’s no connection between Haibike and Husqvarna.

Goddamnit! Historically a slight third party connection to Haibike then!

That, and that they look alike to me is what settled in my mind as a connection. I understand now that is mostly coincidental.

Dec 18, 2019
UK
It's a nice looking bike and well specced, but no geometry or rider weight info available as yet, so I don't know if it'll be on my list.

marcellistudios

Aug 3, 2020
Canada
this is the future other brands will follow. Specialized did it as well. This is the answer for people (like me) who are ex Moto racers who want an e bike that can do it all and I mean, do it all, ride trails and smash big jumps. hell ya! Except I've never spend that much on a motocross bike. lol

Bad Mechanic

Dec 17, 2021
Kensington, MD
This is an interesting video. It's in German so I can't understand it, but someone broke their Extreme Cross frame in half. From the pictures it looks like a bad weld between the head casting and the top and down tubes.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles