2021 Haibike AllMtn 7 is outstanding

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
Seems I'm not the only one who can't get battery out. Beginning to feel this bike needs a recall. My battery is also stuck and feels like the key will snap.

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
Barring the battery covers falling off. Anyone else can't get battery out? Feels like my key will snap. I'm not the only one. I think there should be a bike recall.

Haibike support refuse to respond or awknoledge any issues.

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
Seems I'm not the only one who can't get battery out. Beginning to feel this bike needs a recall. My battery is also stuck and feels like the key will snap.

I think this may be an issue across most brands and possibly a consequence of trying to make the frame more elegant and less EMTB looking. I just leave my battery in place on my Orbea Wild. Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Getting it in and out can be a struggle.

Al

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
I think this may be an issue across most brands and possibly a consequence of trying to make the frame more elegant and less EMTB looking. I just leave my battery in place on my Orbea Wild. Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Getting it in and out can be a struggle.

Al
It has a three way key turn.
One right to unlock
One left to drop it too first level
Then I one turn again to release.

It feels like my key will snap I'm turning so hard. For a bike nearly worth 6k don't they test these things? It's really dampening a great bike. German engineering is supposed to be some of the best.

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
Well I was not expecting them to send me a new one (no correspondence) which makes me feel they know there is an issue with the battery cover coming off. Amazing speed of delivery.. however....

The original battery cover has a black plug that snaps into the frame to hold it in place, the new one they sent me has a thread. Meaning I cannot attach it to the bike anymore. It has a screw thread attached, any ideas? I am not drilling through or altering my frame.. any ideas what this is for?

See attached.

cover.JPG

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I apologise if I was narky. 5.5k is a lot.. Lot of money for me, sorry Rob. So disappointed it appears we won't be able to ride our bikes now for nearly a year as they not doing at replacements. Apologies again.
For your key issue .. Is it possible you need to apply pressure to the battery in a certain direction as you turn the key to release the mechanism ? Quite often they're designed like this so that they don't vibrate free .... and lose your battery !!!

For your missing guard. At the moment it appears you're struggling to find a replacement. That being the case, as I suggested in the other thread, why don't you just cut up and old bit of plastic and hold it in place with several wraps of clingfilm ? At least you can still ride, charge, use the bike ? I'm not suggesting this is an ideal solution for a £5500 bike, but surely working out how you can use it is better than not using it ? It's not like you've lost the battery or the motor is broken - all you've lost is a plastic cover - which I'm pretty sure isn't hermetically sealed anyway.

If you're worried about the clingfilm tearing off, just wrap duct tape around that. Obviously you can't just use duct tape to hold your plastic off cut "battery guard" in place as once it's got warm a few times from battery discharge and re-charge, it'll be a pig to get off and might wreck your paint.

If you're then worried about how it looks - buy the neoprene guard that someone suggested on the other thread to cover it all.

In the meantime, I'm sure you'll sort something out with Haibike or your dealer. Or you'll find it propped up against a tree on the trail where you lost it.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Did they just post it out to you? When you say no correspondence, a new cover just arrived in the post?

I think that is where the push fitting screws into.... I guess thats not in the package also?

eebit

Patreon
Subscriber
Sep 27, 2018
Germany
Thats super cool that they got you a cover so quick! The Haibike guys do watch this forum. You are missing one part of the Böllhoff coupling, which would have been in the old skidplate. Was there anything else in the parcel?

fijacion-rapida-por-presion-snaploc-seccion-de-un-snaploc.jpg

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
Did they just post it out to you? When you say no correspondence, a new cover just arrived in the post?

I think that is where the push fitting screws into.... I guess thats not in the package also?

No Rob just the cover.

The bike shop (e bikeshop) got in touch with Haibike and they sent me 2! waiting for a follow-up, i think the black grommet screws into that and is a separate part. The bike shop knows the guys at the haibike uk factory think that's why i got it so quick,( they knew i was doing a review on the bike as well ) lol.

Pity Haibike won't respond on twitter or support site to issues a few of us are having with cover coming off. Guess that admits liability.
I hope they can update the design, one that is spring mounted with tension, as it ruins an amazing bike so far.
I have ordered some velcro straps to secure it, :( will ruin the beauty but function over beauty I am afraid.

eebit

Patreon
Subscriber
Sep 27, 2018
Germany
No Rob just the cover.

The bike shop (e bikes uk) got in touch with Haibike and they sent me 2! waiting for a follow-up, i think the black grommet screws into that and is a separate part. The bike shop knows the guys at the haibike uk factory think that's why i got it so quick,( they knew i was doing a review on the bike as well ) lol.

Pity Haibike won't respond on twitter or support site to issues a few of us are having with cover coming off. Guess that admits liability.
I hope they can update the design, one that is spring mounted with tension, as it ruins an amazing bike so far.
If you want to get in touch with them try a direct PM on Facebook as they are super active on there. As far as I know they don't do much or anything on Twitter.

Sammy

Sep 19, 2020
Finland
When i got mine allmnt6 about a mounth ago there was allready a spare cover with the bike. However just a cover, not a fitting screw.

Sammy

Sep 19, 2020
Finland
Barring the battery covers falling off. Anyone else can't get battery out? Feels like my key will snap. I'm not the only one. I think there should be a bike recall.

Haibike support refuse to respond or awknoledge any issues.
You need to push little pressure upwards to battery on your lefthand fingers as you turn the key and battery drops few cm:s and the turn key back to orig position anb batt is off.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Thats seems piss poor they cant replace the battery covers - surely they can just pull one off another bike, if nothing else if the problem is widespread and reported on various forums its likely they will have a few sitting around rather than being sold!

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
When i got mine allmnt6 about a mounth ago there was allready a spare cover with the bike. However just a cover, not a fitting screw.
Wow so you got a spare... makes me wonder if the bike shop kept them.. hence sending out straight away (2 days after i enquired)

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
@Boots on the Ground YT just seen they seem to have jumped on this quicker than you thought, so my comment above not so fitting

@Rob Rides EMTB are you able to merge the threads, or rather merge the relevant content?

TPEHAK

Nov 23, 2020
USA Seattle WA
That grill in the headset for cabling looks like perfect inlet to catch and trap water to be directed right on lower headset bearing. Anyone disassembled the headset or maybe that grill to check how bad it is regarding collecting water on the headset bearing?

Haibike-AllMtn-7-2021-E-MTB-Test-Review-080-1140x760.jpg

Andycap

Jan 25, 2021
Staffordshire
Hi all.

I have had my Allmtn 6 2021 a week now and have found that the battery cover does not seem very secure. I intend to fit some 3M wide velcro between the cover and battery to secure it. I will let you know how it goes.

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
I don’t think @Boots on the Ground YT was saying 180psi for the fork, he initially talked about the shock then showed the fork and mentioned the psi. Was probably a case of he knew what he was saying but forgot the story being told in the images..180psi would be about right for the shock looking at his frame. Mines about 230 (with lockdown weight adjustment)

If he had 180psi in the that fork not sure he would have been that stoked on the suspension..!!

Superb bike though. Some people love that twitch in the motor. It’s just different :)

Aug 5, 2019
torfaen
I don’t think @Boots on the Ground YT was saying 180psi for the fork, he initially talked about the shock then showed the fork and mentioned the psi. Was probably a case of he knew what he was saying but forgot the story being told in the images..180psi would be about right for the shock looking at his frame. Mines about 230 (with lockdown weight adjustment)

If he had 180psi in the that fork not sure he would have been that stoked on the suspension..!!

Superb bike though. Some people love that twitch in the motor. It’s just different :)
I don't think he set his suspension, he was referring to the forks when mentioned 180psi, i wonder if anyone blew there seals putting 180 in there forks.
He clearly doesn't know what he's talking about, the walk through the brakes was comical...

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
I don't think he set his suspension, he was referring to the forks when mentioned 180psi, i wonder if anyone blew there seals putting 180 in there forks.
He clearly doesn't know what he's talking about, the walk through the brakes was comical...

When he mentioned 70psi he was pointing at the shock the went to the fork and said 180psi. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt myself :)

If he had 180psi in the fork it wouldn’t be suspension anymore ??

Last edited:

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
It seems that lots of people want to be influencers or you tubers, I would have thought that a pre requisite for it would be having a high level of skill and/or a huge amount of experience and knowledge and an entertaining presenting style.

Looks like I'm wrong though. Everyone starts somewhere I guess.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019
torfaen
It seems that lots of people want to be influencers or you tubers, I would have thought that a pre requisite for it would be having a high level of skill and/or a huge amount of experience and knowledge.

Looks like I'm wrong though.
Agreed, Think this guy just likes making videos, oblivious to the fact others may soak some of his shite up...

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
I thought it was nice to see a long term review of a bike I’ve ridden and filmed. I didn’t agree with all his points, but that’s great. We are all different! I’m just pleased he’s stoked on his bike so much he wants to go to the trouble of making a video on it. I don’t know where that is, maybe the lakes, but that’s what the Downhills look like. Not much single track.

If he’s reading, be careful of that display turning it upside down. It’s really susceptible to damage and the clasp is fixed the the unit.

Loads want to be influencers or YouTubers. Few succeed when they realise the effort to reward ratio..! Good luck to him. A few posts seem a bit hasty but hey, we’re all human..I’m sure he’s taken your feedback on ?

Last edited:

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
Agreed, Think this guy just likes making videos, oblivious to the fact others may soak some of his shite up...
Iv been riding for 12 years. Average riders don't need lots of technical overload it means nothing. Sorry you feel my videos are low quality and shite maybe all the effort I put in is pointless. You seem very angry and bitter are you OK?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles