2021 Haibike AllMtn 7 is outstanding

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
If it wasn't branded Haibike I would have guessed it was a La Pierre from the frame shape, which isn't surprising given the designer.

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
It looks like a nice improvement over my trance (weight, battery capacity, design, components) while staying in the same groove with geometry and character. While I enjoy a nimble bike, I think I prefer stability for most of the riding I do and this thing exudes stability.

And, it's a Yamaha which I have come to really appreciate for it's great responsiveness.

TonyW

Jun 29, 2018
Kent UK
Cracking review Rob.
A couple of things to note: the eagerness of the motor to get going from standstill makes the motor one of the best for hill starts and there is actually a hidden auto feature, similar to emtb and trail mode. Press and hold the + button for a few seconds and you will see A appear on the display. This puts the motor in auto mode and will give you up too the full 80nm.
I have already got these on pre-order for next season :)

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Thanks Tony,

There are other motors that will get going just as well from a complete standstill and deliver near instantaneous full power. Like the Bosch Gen4 with their new update. That works brilliantly setting off on super steep climbs from a complete standstill, but no twitchiness on the pedals like the Yamaha.

I also checked when I was making the video about the Auto mode. From what Yamaha are saying it will only choose between the bikes three riding modes (Eco, Standard or High) - not the EXPW mode (that is the only mode that uses the full 80Nm).

Source: PW-X2

Screenshot 2020-08-25 at 16.00.04.png
Screenshot 2020-08-25 at 16.03.09.png

highpeakrider

E*POWAH Master
Aug 10, 2018
Peak District
Which is exactly as the Bosch upgrade is acting, however it needs an update to make it responsive on technical elements rather than full on, it really needs a technical mode for when do don’t want all that power.

SAN

Dec 5, 2019
Norway
I'm following a German ebike forum and my impression is that Haibike is not the most popular brand in Germany. Cube seems to be it, in the middle cost segment.
I'm in the process of finding a new 2021-modell, fully, as I have a two year old Haibike Sduro(Bosch CX gen.2) and want to try something new. Sadly Yamaha nor Shimano has the something like todays Nyon or the new Nyon coming next month.
One disadvantage, for some, with Bosch is that they since last year are very eager to crack down on tuning, more than Yamaha and Shimano. The 504-error on Bosch has even occurd on Bosch CX gen.4 without tuning, meaning no support from the motor and the user has to pedal for 90 min. before the motor goes back to normal.

nasamorpheus

Jul 17, 2020
Ljubljana
I'm following a German ebike forum and my impression is that Haibike is not the most popular brand in Germany. Cube seems to be it, in the middle cost segment.
I'm in the process of finding a new 2021-modell, fully, as I have a two year old Haibike Sduro(Bosch CX gen.2) and want to try something new. Sadly Yamaha nor Shimano has the something like todays Nyon or the new Nyon coming next month.
One disadvantage, for some, with Bosch is that they since last year are very eager to crack down on tuning, more than Yamaha and Shimano. The 504-error on Bosch has even occurd on Bosch CX gen.4 without tuning, meaning no support from the motor and the user has to pedal for 90 min. before the motor goes back to normal.
I never got 504 error on Bosch gen 4. I have latest software and 1500 kilometres ..

SAN

Dec 5, 2019
Norway
With or without tuning?
The majority of those who have got the 504 error is with tuning.
The thought is that Bosch made a plunder with gen.2 firmware 1.8.4.0. and gen.4 firmware 1.0.2.0. The new firmware for gen.2 is 1.8.6.0 and for gen.4 version 1.1.0.0. Volspeed3, the most popular chip in Germany, can't confirm yet that their chip will avoid the 504 error.
Here's one that got the error after 950km. He didn't bother to ride for 90 min. He used a Bosch tool :D
On my gen.2 with 1.8.4.0 I got the 504 error after approx 3700km(with Speedbox). I removed the chip and upgraded to 1.8.6.0 to get rid of the error. Now I'm awaiting Volspeed and their long time test on the latest firmware to see what they find out.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Rob, you've obviously ridden a lot of all mountain and enduro style e mountain bikes, which would you buy with your own money?
Hey Rob, interested to hear which enduro or all mountain ebike you'd buy with your own money? You must have ridden more than most, so which one would you choose?

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
, went for a long mountain bike ride yesterday and noticed while filming when I got back that my battery cover was missing off the haibike all mountain 7 this is a terrible design by haibike

I am now stuck, bike shop told me chances of getting a replacement are 0 as haibike are not make replacements, what am I supposed to do now with my new 5 and 1/2 thousand-pound bike I can't use? Also the battery sticks something terrible.and v hard to remove.

This is just a handful of issues I have had with the bike and it just goes to show that many large YouTubers take the bike out for half an hour and then do a review ridiculous.

Any suggestion on what I can do now? Haibike never respond.

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
Ooops :) Sorry !! Reading with my eyes closed ...

Surely they make replacements ? They could get smashed ? In the meantime a bit of cut up plastic 25 litre container and lots of cling film ? Then find someone with one and a 3d printer and get a copy made ?
It sucks.. Only had bike a month.. Now having to sort myself disappointed in haibike I won't be the only one with cover falling off.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
This is a major problem now with the new Haibikes, spoke to three riders on the weekend on them and they have all lost their battery covers.

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
This is a major problem now with the new Haibikes, spoke to three riders on the weekend on them and they have all lost their battery covers.
Really? They should replace them for free. I'm stuck now.. 5.5k didn't they test the fame bike properly. Really disappointed.

Johnny

Jan 20, 2019
Wheels05
You do have to make sure it is located properly as it's easy to fit it with the fastener not in properly. Always give it a quick pull after you've fitted it to check.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles