2021 Haibike AllMtn 7 is outstanding

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
I think part of the problem is the battery is partially ejecting and pushing the cover off

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
You do have to make sure it is located properly as it's easy to fit it with the fastener not in properly. Always give it a quick pull after you've fitted it to check.
It was pushed and snapped in. Vibration on the trail makes it loose. Haibike need to get this sorted ASAP bad news travels fast. I was doing a video review on the bike that's on hold now. Its a major design fault. 5.5k for a bike I now can't ride.

Johnny

Jan 20, 2019
Wheels05
It was pushed and snapped in. Vibration on the trail makes it loose. Haibike need to get this sorted ASAP bad news travels fast. I was doing a video review on the bike that's on hold now. Its a major design fault. 5.5k for a bike I now can't ride.
I agree it's not a brilliant design as I can fit mine in two different ways which I'm sure isn't supposed to happen. When it's fitted properly there is no way mine could vibrate loose as it takes a lot of effort to remove. The second way, it feels like the upper securing pin has located properly but I think it actually slides down the side of where it is supposed to go. It feels secure but obviously isn't. The secret I've found to making sure the cover is securely fitted is to really push the bottom edge of the cover in with some force and then the upper pin locates securely.

Again, I'm agreeing with you that the design isn't fantastic and just trying to give pointers as to what might have happened.

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
VLF-I-1092D2
Bike shop said haibike are not doing any spares as bike too new. And you can't ride without cover as battery gets wet. And getting a spare.. Is pointless it needs a Remake and quick before this hits the emtb mags.

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
After 4 days riding this I'm super impressed with what Haibike have achieved. Incredible value for money that rivals many direct to consumer brands.

You didn't mention battery covers falling off several cases including mine.. and the automatic mode switching on and off even when you set it to be off.. very poor integration of the walk mode.

How long did you test this bike I have had the bike now for over 2 months and I still finding issues with it. Several others Now cannot ride our bikes because the battery cover falls off due to vibration on the trail and you cannot ride your bike without cover as the battery gets wet 5.5k bike now sat in a spare room and looks won't be able to ride for at least 7 months before haibike doing something about it.

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
You didn't mention battery covers falling off several cases including mine.. and the automatic mode switching on and off even when you set it to be off.. very poor integration of the walk mode.

How long did you test this bike I have had the bike now for over 2 months and I still finding issues with it. Several others Now cannot ride our bikes because the battery cover falls off due to vibration on the trail and you cannot ride your bike without cover as the battery gets wet 5.5k bike now sat in a spare room and looks won't be able to ride for at least 7 months before haibike doing something about it.

The very first sentence says 4 days.....

Get ya pissed mate, would be too. But going on a rant at 'youtubers' as you put it on your other post isn't going to solve your problem is it.

Maybe he didn't mention it cause it didn't fall off??

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK

Hi mate.

I rode this bike for at least 4 full days before making this video. Testing in local trails, Bike Park Wales and Quantocks in Somerset.

I had zero issues with the battery case and if I did I would have mentioned it. I’ll always share what I find in the video whether positive or negative.

however, the battery cover did fall off when someone else was riding it last week. And that is a first on the bike, I was actually surprised as we never had an issue between me and @TheBikePilot during our time.

With the modes I didn’t use auto mode so much as it doesn’t use the full 80nm, so manually selected the modes for the majority of the rides.

it’s crap that you’re having these issues. I’d think that if it’s a common problem then Haibike will have to come up with a fix quickly.

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
Hi mate.

I rode this bike for at least 4 full days before making this video. Testing in local trails, Bike Park Wales and Quantocks in Somerset.

I had zero issues with the battery case and if I did I would have mentioned it. I’ll always share what I find in the video whether positive or negative.

however, the battery cover did fall off when someone else was riding it last week. And that is a first on the bike, I was actually surprised as we never had an issue between me and @TheBikePilot during our time.

With the modes I didn’t use auto mode so much as it doesn’t use the full 80nm, so manually selected the modes for the majority of the rides.

it’s crap that you’re having these issues. I’d think that if it’s a common problem then Haibike will have to come up with a fix quickly.
I apologise if I was narky. 5.5k is a lot.. Lot of money for me, sorry Rob. So disappointed it appears we won't be able to ride our bikes now for nearly a year as they not doing at replacements. Apologies again.

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Will this work until you can get a cover? Screenshot_20201115-235739.png

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
I am going to do a review on these eventually. If i can get another cover, hopefully this will secure it.
Zeltauto Adjustable Straps Stretchy Cable Tie Reusable Securing Strap with ... via @AmazonUK

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
I lost mine a while ago. I noticed it quick and found my cover back on the trail.
I made cover stuck on the frame using the screw that hold the plate.
Only disadvantage is if you remove the battery alot you have to unscrew it every time.
20201116_133217.jpg

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
You have to buy the stickers separate from the skidplate

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
, went for a long mountain bike ride yesterday and noticed while filming when I got back that my battery cover was missing off the haibike all mountain 7 this is a terrible design by haibike

I am now stuck, bike shop told me chances of getting a replacement are 0 as haibike are not make replacements, what am I supposed to do now with my new 5 and 1/2 thousand-pound bike I can't use? Also the battery sticks something terrible.and v hard to remove.

This is just a handful of issues I have had with the bike and it just goes to show that many large YouTubers take the bike out for half an hour and then do a review ridiculous.

Any suggestion on what I can do now? Haibike never respond.
Exercise your statutory rights - return the bike to the shop and ask for a refund as the bike is not fit for purpose.

Dont let the bike shop fob you off and try and tell you to go to haibike - your contract is with the bike shop.

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
I lost mine a while ago. I noticed it quick and found my cover back on the trail.
I made cover stuck on the frame using the screw that hold the plate.
Only disadvantage is if you remove the battery alot you have to unscrew it every time. View attachment 44565
Was that for the haibike or another bike?

Haibike are not responding, ill update when they get in touch to support questions.

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
I would go back to the shop. After all isn't this one of the benefits that keeps being promoted to use your LBS? Many of the battery cover designs and fittings look a little "iffy" to me. Perhaps there is a case for supplementing the fitting with a couple of Velcro straps at the outset.

Regarding retracing your steps. A few weeks ago I thought I had lost my bum bag on the trail. Luckily it wasn't too far to retrace my steps but I ended up back at the car where I found it in the boot. I had convinced myself that I left it at the side of the trail while I went for a pee. The irony was that it was the first time I had ever needed my multi tool and the first time I didn't have it with me.

Al

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
Was that for the haibike or another bike?

Haibike are not responding, ill update when they get in touch to support questions.
I own a haibike myself. I did that myself I was trying to find a way to make plate permanent as I never remove the battery.
You just unscrew the grey screw behind the skidplate.
20201116_144711.jpg

You place the skidplate and just use the same screw with an o-ring and screw it trough the skidplate hole.
20201116_144513.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles