Portugal
I've ordered one following your review.
Now starts a very long wait for it...
Will definitely try the mullet set-up.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Another great vid @TheBikePilot filming gets better and better, really want to try one of these, but the weight does concern me, though like @Rob Rides EMTB everyone I know who has tried one says it rides a lot lighter than the figures suggest.

Wilkofire

Jul 11, 2018
Chichester
I sadly had to cancel my order yesterday as it got pushed back to February, which I could of been patient for but I have seen so many other comments on other sites about there's been pushed back even further (may to July time) that I thought it's not worth the hassle.
Be interested to hear if any of you guys get one this side of Christmas ??

Whatsup

Oct 18, 2020
Adelaide
We looks like I'm pretty lucky with a dedicated ebike shop here in Adelaide south Australia as they will be getting stock mid November.
One piece of info I can seem to find is dropper post size in the different frame sizes? Also I don't remember seeing what spring comes in the different sizes either. Anyone got any info on that?

YorkshireDan

Dec 23, 2019
Thorne
I’m sure it’s very capable. But the cockpit looks ugly as sin with those cables feeding into the stem. And it’ll be a pig if you wanna change the bars and stem

SenditOTB

Oct 12, 2020
Germany
Got my sam2 1.5 weeks ago, suddenly there were a few available in L on the focus site, so I ordered it there and got it shipped to my local dealer. New 27.5 backtire for mullet coming in later this week.

Hang in there, it is so fucking worth it! Amazing bike..

Also, can confirm, Large comes with a 170 dropper.

Last edited:

ChillyWilly

Feb 4, 2021
Netherlands
Thanks @Rob Rides EMTB. Just got my Sam2 yesterday. Because if your review I've found this bike. The XL is indeed a perfect fit (I'm one inch shorter than you), even after swapping over my 800mm bar. Going to mullet it soon.

KS lever is no good, swapped that and dropper for OneUp 210mm.

Mack-tigre

Aug 15, 2020
ES
Hi everybody, I really like this bike, I am interested in the 6.8 model.
I am 5.7 ( about 1.72) height, do you think the size S will fit me?. By the numbers I think the size M will be big for me.

Also I am looking forward to hearing from the guys who own the bike about the impresions of riding this bike, problems, comparisons between other bikes...all the stuff.

Thank you

Whatsup

Oct 18, 2020
Adelaide
Hi everybody, I really like this bike, I am interested in the 6.8 model.
I am 5.7 ( about 1.72) height, do you think the size S will fit me?. By the numbers I think the size M will be big for me.

Also I am looking forward to hearing from the guys who own the bike about the impresions of riding this bike, problems, comparisons between other bikes...all the stuff.

Thank you

This bike is amazing, I've come from a V4 SC nomad and the Sam² is a beast on the downs and so much fun on the ups.
What are you riding at the moment? What's the reach of your car rent bike?

Mack-tigre

Aug 15, 2020
ES
This bike is amazing, I've come from a V4 SC nomad and the Sam² is a beast on the downs and so much fun on the ups.
What are you riding at the moment? What's the reach of your car rent bike?
I am riding a giant trance 2017 in size M. Reach 435. Top tube 610 mm.

I am happy going downhill With the reach but pedalling sitting down I feel too much lay down. Also I usually have back pain so I prefer a more stand up podition for pedalling thats why I think the size S would be better for me.

Also the trails I ride here in Spain are all natural, twisty, steep and rocky.
00000IMG_00000_BURST20210228094935622_COVER.jpg

Mack-tigre

Aug 15, 2020
ES
Think you'd be fine on a medium with the seat pushed forward on the rail. Then put a 27.5 wheel in rear.
The 27.5 rear is something i am going to do straigthaway. But I am not sure about the size. I continue to think that I will be better on a Small.

Thanks for your advice anyway.

Any problem With the bike? What shock are you running, coil or air? Which do you think is better for this bike?

Whatsup

Oct 18, 2020
Adelaide
I've got the 6.9 with coil, changed the fox coil to the formula MOD shock. No issues with the bike at all. Would go coil every day of the week.

Mack-tigre

Aug 15, 2020
ES
I've got the 6.9 with coil, changed the fox coil to the formula MOD shock. No issues with the bike at all. Would go coil every day of the week.
I also prefer coil but I will give it a try to the rock shox superdeluxe that came on the 6.8.

Mack-tigre

Aug 15, 2020
ES
Anyone has changed the stock stem?

What happen with all the cables that go through it?

If i want to change the stock stem and put a traditional one, do I have to dismount and mount again all the cables?, Rear brake, mech hanger, telescopic seat, and engine cable?

Am I missing something?, Or changing the stem will be a complete mess...

Mack-tigre

Aug 15, 2020
ES
Yes, you need to reroute all the cables via the blanked ports in de head tube.
Oh my good, I dont like this. I like to try various stem length and bar rise until I feel comfort with one setup.

So this is a serious problem for me.

I am now reconsidering to not buy this ebike just for this reason. But I love the rest of the bike.

Thanks for your answer btw.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles