gcrisford

Aug 30, 2019
Marlow, UK
Ride
Trek Powerfly 7
I’ve got one on order from Rutland Cycles. Estimating 08 January arrival, but I’ll be happy as long as it’s before mid March.
Hi, so I’ve owned my SAM2 6.9 for just over a week now, and I’m really enjoying getting to know it. Given I bought it without a test ride I was going by Rob’s review, and given the price tag this meant I was suddenly nervous when it turned about if I’d like it.

Coming from a 27.5 eMTB, at first the bigger wheels and high stance was awkward at low speed, but get it going fast and it really changes to a very stable sweet handling bike.

Bike colour looks even better than in the photos, and doesn’t show water spots after a wash, or a light dust after a ride. Love the burley orange Fox 38 on the front, and no complaints about the coil.

There is one design grumble I’ve got, and it’s the routing of the rear cables out the back of the bottom bracket right by the rear tyre, when mud builds up there any stones could cause tears to the cables.

Really looking forward to a Chicksands shakedown session on Friday, and then taking it to BPW when Wales opens up.

Reactions: Rob Rides EMTB

ChillyWilly

Feb 4, 2021
Netherlands
I've gone with a 27.5 2.8 big betty on a H1900 DT Swiss wheel with 35id. The bike is way more playful that way and easy to whip around corners.

Last edited:

Mack-tigre

Aug 15, 2020
ES
I finally decided to buy a sam2 6.9 in size M.

Do you know if the stock spring will fit me?

I am 173 cm and 78 kg ready to ride weight.

KKam

Apr 13, 2021
Rovaniemi FINLAND
Ride
yet to get
Is this the frame similar between Nine and Plus? In other words could you just take another pair of wheels and have them both? Has anyone ridden them on snow or other soft surface knowing if there is any difference. Tyre widths are quite close to each other, 2,6 vs 2,8.

Crush

Jun 22, 2018
Australia
Ride
Levo
Anyone gone mullet and back again?

I’m struggling a little with the rear super delux. Added megneg and think I’ve got it better now with one more test to go but it could be simple as a bigger wheel will roll over a little better. I’m tall so clearance not really an issue.

otherwise it’s a coil on the rear but COVID manufacturing has kinda put a dent in that plan!

Mack-tigre

Aug 15, 2020
ES
Hi guys,

I am riding my focus sam 6.9 with coil and that gives me 24% sag.

Should I buy a new spring, so I can get about 30% of sag?

Btw which sag is supposed to.work with this bike?

Crush

Jun 22, 2018
Australia
Ride
Levo
I'm on the 6.8 with the Super Deluxe. Added the Meg neg but regardless, I think the bike is on the sweet spot at 30-32%. I'd back the collar right off till it's just got tension and then see if it improves or get a lighter spring.

Hi guys,

I am riding my focus sam 6.9 with coil and that gives me 24% sag.

Should I buy a new spring, so I can get about 30% of sag?

Btw which sag is supposed to.work with this bike?
eg