2021 Focus SAM² announced

Kentish

Nov 5, 2019
Kent
I’ve just bought a beige bike, or as Specialized call it, taupe.

I don’t mind it but I help but think of Austin Allegros while riding about on it. ?

Ill look into the powder coating route I think. ?

Last edited:

TrailBoB

Apr 27, 2020
Scotland
It’s a very similar colour to dry mud so I’m hoping I can be a bit less thorough with the cleaning routine when I get my hands on it
You could always get it vapour blasted, polished & lacquered. Ala Audi. But I think it looks cracking with the orange forks & kasnima gold. ??

6D949AC4-3702-4F83-8622-5357DCF41C13.jpeg

Wilkofire

Jul 11, 2018
Chichester
So I've done some digging after putting in my order and deposit 3 weeks ago for the new Sam 2. Bit gutted as focus have said I won't get it till mid June next year ? I know boo hoo lol might have a rethink about another bike which is ashame coz this bike ticks most the boxes...

Anyone ordered one yet with better success?
Any bikes that are similar specs that your looking at?

Love to hear your thoughts
?

TrailBoB

Apr 27, 2020
Scotland
So I've done some digging after putting in my order and deposit 3 weeks ago for the new Sam 2. Bit gutted as focus have said I won't get it till mid June next year ? I know boo hoo lol might have a rethink about another bike which is ashame coz this bike ticks most the boxes...

?
The new Focus does look like a lovely bike. But June delivery is way off. Especially when the 2022 bikes will be getting released August/September. Sprockets of Kilmarnock have these on there web site. Look a similar spec’ed bike. Not too sure how they compare.

8FDC092E-D529-4C2E-A764-7C666F12F75C.jpeg

B989F689-5C72-4BE7-9623-AEA39F3A1706.jpeg

Wilkofire

Jul 11, 2018
Chichester
The new Focus does look like a lovely bike. But June delivery is way off. Especially when the 2022 bikes will be getting released August/September. Sprockets of Kilmarnock have these on there web site. Look a similar spec’ed bike. Not too sure how they compare.

View attachment 41213

View attachment 41214
I know mate I think it's a bit wrong to release bikes for review and sale then got get them to customer till june.y friend ordered a bike last October and still doesn't have it. I know there's a lot of problems and I'm just being impatient lol but it's not on really lol

Gibalmc

Jun 7, 2020
Tweed valley
I reserved a medium with Rutland cycling on the understanding they had pre ordered & were getting their stock in December. I’ve noticed some online chat that others have had orders bumped back by their dealers from Dec to April and February to July so I emailed my contact at Rutland today. My fears are confirmed. My December delivery is now February. I don’t know this for certain but I’ve read online quotes from people who’ve contacted focus that it’s a shimano issue. They simply can’t meet the demand for components at the moment apparently. So shimano have screwed up my plan to buy a meta power & now done likewise for the sam2 alternative.?

GrandesRoues

Jul 26, 2019
Alpes Françaises
Shimano thinks that the global rise in demand post lockdown, will not continue, and so they didn't invest in increased production, fearing it could backfire in overproduction in the long run...

Gibalmc

Jun 7, 2020
Tweed valley
Shimano thinks that the global rise in demand post lockdown, will not continue, and so they didn't invest in increased production, fearing it could backfire in overproduction in the long run...
With the ep8 carry on and now this, shimano’s PR isn’t exactly ?hot at the moment

Gibalmc

Jun 7, 2020
Tweed valley
Info for anyone thinking of ordering a Sam2 in the UK. I contacted focus direct today to see if I could find out what’s happening with orders being bumped back. They confirmed that due to unprecedented demand the sam2 orders are delayed. The February date I have now been given by Rutland cycling is accurate & theirs will be the first delivery of Sam2 bikes to any UK dealership.
I have also been back on to commencal & they are confident from their communications that shimano WILL be delivering them the new motors early December & they will be shipping meta power orders out to customers who pre order by mid December.

SenditOTB

Oct 12, 2020
Germany

?

Am in Germany, ordered mine directly from focus online as there was one available. Got it last week and loving it. Previously my local shop said ~march ish, so Im pretty fucking stoked.
Dont know what country you are in, but focus might offer the click and collect ordering too? Keep checking their website ..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles