2021 Focus SAM² announced

May 14, 2019
NSW
New details and pictures here: Focus Bikes - FOCUS SAM² Bosch

Personally, I think it looks great, though a bit concerned about the weight. Not sure if that's too much or whether it will be ok.

Spec seems right down the middle which is great. Also appreciate the geo, like the 65 degree head angle rather than the numbers commencal etc are pushing now.

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Was lucky enough to get a brief ride on it yesterday. The only place you significantly notice the weight is when you are lifting it. Handling is sharp and responsive. We couldn't work out where the extra weight came from, must be in the frame.

It comes alive when it gets rowdy. Really confidence-inspiring.

Rob's review will be coming shortly, but it's an absolute banger...

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
They keep coming out with this all this great kit we can't actually get hold off.I gave up waiting for a delivery date from the 3 or 4 Focus dealers I've contacted on a Jam2 and went for a Cube.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
They keep coming out with this all this great kit we can't actually get hold off.I gave up waiting for a delivery date from the 3 or 4 Focus dealers I've contacted on a Jam2 and went for a Cube.
It’s not the brands. It’s the dealers not ordering in time. Dealers are given a heads up and all the details way before release date.

for example, the Sam2 - if a dealer had ordered already, the bikes are shipping now and there will be a thousand or so whisking their way to dealers now.

if a dealer hasn’t yet ordered, they will be back of the queue.

There is limited capacity to produce and build bikes and production lines are maxed out, as you can imagine.

so it’s not always the brands, it’s the dealers often not ordering in advance.

Wilkofire

Jul 11, 2018
Chichester
Where did you order it from?
Ordered from my mates shop but no idea on delivery. Asking about on here seeing if anyone has any idea??? Bikes seeom hard to get to be honest. Was in shop for ages looking at other bikes for incase it was a long wait and most where coming early to mid next year !

May 14, 2019
NSW
I've asked around a few focus retailers in Australia. Seems like a limited shipment of medium and large are getting in around mid to late November. One or two retailers are being a bit slack too and charging $500 above RRP/MSRP.

I'm keeping my eye on the 6.8 model, it's running at $8999 AUD. There's no way myself, or most battlers, could afford the $10500 for the 6.9.

FSEngineer

Jul 14, 2020
Kent
Most important question for me is... are they planning to offer it in any less awful colours? I really can't get on board with this current prosthetic limb shade of "racing beige" which seems to be in fashion this year.

Adam

Nov 20, 2018
Plymouth, UK
This has definitely made it onto my short list. Loved the previous Sam² when I test rode one at a Rutland's demo day and was tempted to buy, but the internal battery and me not having electricity where it would be being stored killed the chances of it.

Think I would easily rather run it in mullet mode. I'm not sure which of the 2 specs I prefer at the moment. Not the lightest of riders so would be a little concerned about getting the right spring rate on the coil shock.

Gibalmc

Jun 7, 2020
Tweed valley
Very few UK shops have pre-ordered judging by the replies I got from my Email carpet bombing of nearly every dealer listed on focus website. I dropped a deposit on a medium with Rutland yesterday with delivery by December. They were the only shop I contacted who replied saying they had pre-ordered.

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
I also had a poor response to my carpet bombing and discovered a lot of the dealers in the SE were either no longer in existence or for other reasons longer selling the brand. Not a great customer experience and contributed to me going elsewhere. Shame as I'd prefer to support a smaller brand.

Gibalmc

Jun 7, 2020
Tweed valley
I also had a poor response to my carpet bombing and discovered a lot of the dealers in the SE were either no longer in existence or for other reasons longer selling the brand. Not a great customer experience and contributed to me going elsewhere. Shame as I'd prefer to support a smaller brand.
I wanted to support my local dealer but I can’t wait till May next year. Judging by the rumours flying round there will be new Specialized, Santa Cruz, YT, vitus, etcetc all out before then so the decision making would just get harder. I was sure I’d buy the meta power. I have waited on it since May & without the shimano carry on I would have but the focus ticks all the boxes for me including being coil compatible & optimised to run both mullet & 29er which I didn’t think I’d find. It also saved me over £500 over the meta which will get me that new 27.5” rear wheel & a bit towards upgrading the coil to a dhx2

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Can confirm the bike in mullet setup is f’kin awesome.

A8F39553-3F48-4295-B8B4-768D0082A12D.jpeg

melmark

Dec 29, 2018
US
That has to be one of the barfiest colors I've seen. I wonder how much to paint a bike? Mullet sounds like a good option, I like that about the Focus. Also for some reason Focus have the most godawful looking welds

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Love the look of that. There's a decent promo vid & another behind the scenes with Olly Wilkins & Ben Deakin on Youtube. Up on Olly Wilkin's channel.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I like the colour, which is something it thought I would never say, but having seen a couple of the bikes with similar pain jobs in the flesh recently its growing on me.

You could powder coat it any colour for about 50quid, plus cost of dismantling and putting back bike together if you dont know how to.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles