2021 E-Sommet Now In Stock

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
Ok, just watched the Vitus bit so far and the guy is right about the tight dropper. I did think about trying to open it all up and sort it out, but it now looks like it wont fix it.From what the they were also saying, the bike is intended for steep techy enduro type of terrain and maybe not so good for tamer trail riding, which suits me anyway as this is what i was looking for.

Cisco

May 1, 2018
Elderslie
Bike turned up today. Credit to CRC where due. The bike was immaculate, really well packed and with zero damage.

Delighted, I have had a good look at it. Fit and finish is quite a bit better than my 18' VR. Hope it rides as well.
vrx right.jpg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Bike turned up today. Credit to CRC where due. The bike was immaculate, really well packed and with zero damage.

Delighted, I have had a good look at it. Fit and finish is quite a bit better than my 18' VR. Hope it rides as well. View attachment 52636
Nice work getting straight in there with the Ohlins! I can highly recommend the new Mudhugger Evo bolt on for the Zebs, I had the guard you have fitted before and does f-all in the British winter conditions

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
Interested to hear a comparison on the two. Have to be honest, I still love the way my (heavily modified) 2018 rides. Interesting that the MBR said the new one is pretty noisy, mine is about the quietest bike I've had, although I do hate noisy bikes and can be a bit obsessional about it

Rear suspension comparison would be good as it has changed significantly. Also wondering if the weight increase is noticeable?

Cisco

May 1, 2018
Elderslie
Interested to hear a comparison on the two. Have to be honest, I still love the way my (heavily modified) 2018 rides. Interesting that the MBR said the new one is pretty noisy, mine is about the quietest bike I've had, although I do hate noisy bikes and can be a bit obsessional about it

Rear suspension comparison would be good as it has changed significantly. Also wondering if the weight increase is noticeable?
I'll be using the 504wh battery for most rides, so weight will stay around 23kg. The coil was a great choice for me on the 18'VR. Hoping it will be good on the new one too especially with the changes they made to the leverage curves.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
the previous frame was designed around using an air shock and definitely wasn't ideal for a coil shock. The changes made to the 2021 suspension design have clearly been implimented to better suit the characteristics of a coil shock so I'd expect any comparison to refect this.
Interested in hearing real world weights tho.
and sorry if you already said, but what size is that @Cisco ?

Cisco

May 1, 2018
Elderslie
the previous frame was designed around using an air shock and definitely wasn't ideal for a coil shock. The changes made to the 2021 suspension design have clearly been implimented to better suit the characteristics of a coil shock so I'd expect any comparison to refect this.
Interested in hearing real world weights tho.
and sorry if you already said, but what size is that @Cisco ?
Hey Gary,

Bike is a Large.
Weight out of the box, without battery or pedals is 21.6kg according to my bathroom scales :)

Cisco

May 1, 2018
Elderslie
Ok, just watched the Vitus bit so far and the guy is right about the tight dropper. I did think about trying to open it all up and sort it out, but it now looks like it wont fix it.From what the they were also saying, the bike is intended for steep techy enduro type of terrain and maybe not so good for tamer trail riding, which suits me anyway as this is what i was looking for.
Hi, I had a look at the dropper arrangement. Replaced the cheap cable (inner and outer) with a shimano item. The dropper is fine now same as my other bikes. No need to drop the motor to sort this as the cable is free to move past the motor. That remote is a POS though :)
Heads up on the invisiframe kit, the cutout for the top tube power button needed a bit of help. Not good when you're ready to lay the film! Also the downtube film needs to be folded into the battery cavity.

ATB Frank

Cisco

May 1, 2018
Elderslie
Yeah,

Just finished preping the bike: 25.3kg with the 630 battery and pedals and tubeless....with the BT8035-L battery, Wild enduro 2.4's front & rear and a few bits and bobs should be around 23kg. Big rig though :)

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
Hi, I had a look at the dropper arrangement. Replaced the cheap cable (inner and outer) with a shimano item. The dropper is fine now same as my other bikes. No need to drop the motor to sort this as the cable is free to move past the motor. That remote is a POS though :)
Heads up on the invisiframe kit, the cutout for the top tube power button needed a bit of help. Not good when you're ready to lay the film! Also the downtube film needs to be folded into the battery cavity.

ATB Frank
Cheers for that, I will change the cable first, before going down the wireless option.

Cisco

May 1, 2018
Elderslie
Guys, I just watched a video of Rob Warner breaking a chain on his first ride of this bike.

Pretty sure that happened because the B-tension screw adjustment was way out. So I checked my derailleur and sure enough it was way, way out. I have the same 12speed Shimano set up on another bike so I knew this but lots of people don't know this. This is different from how I learned to adjust b-tension

For the Shimano 1x 51 tooth setup the longest teeth on the largest (51) sprocket must align with the "51" line on the cage. Here are the details

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
Guys, I just watched a video of Rob Warner breaking a chain on his first ride of this bike.

Pretty sure that happened because the B-tension screw adjustment was way out. So I checked my derailleur and sure enough it was way, way out. I have the same 12speed Shimano set up on another bike so I knew this but lots of people don't know this. This is different from how I learned to adjust b-tension

For the Shimano 1x 51 tooth setup the longest teeth on the largest (51) sprocket must align with the "51" line on the cage. Here are the details
Cheers for the heads up. I have just checked mine and its looks bang on. The vid said there should be a white line on the derailleur but mine is just a faint grove with no paint.

Silencesound

Feb 11, 2021
Bt465qq
Just to add, checked the b tension screw on my bike this morning after watching video above and it was miles out. Made such a difference to the gear shifting, so thanks for that.

Cisco

May 1, 2018
Elderslie
Invisiframe now have kits for medium and large.
When you are doing your frame be careful with the sections marked "downtube add on left/right side". I struggled getting those pieces to fit. and I think they are labeled the wrong way round. Maybe make a trace of the pieces before you fit the film.
Invisiframe sent me two replacement pieces as I arsed them up but I ended up making my own panels for those infill pieces.

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
When you are doing your frame be careful with the sections marked "downtube add on left/right side". I struggled getting those pieces to fit. and I think they are labeled the wrong way round. Maybe make a trace of the pieces before you fit the film.
Invisiframe sent me two replacement pieces as I arsed them up but I ended up making my own panels for those infill pieces.
Cheers, will do, I have bought a load of 3m helicopter tape just incase!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles