2021 E-Sommet Now In Stock

MadTurnip

Jan 14, 2021
Dublin, Ireland
118 from memory, though not 100% as it's been a while since I counted it.
I've been looking around for 118 link 12 speed chains and can't seem to find any sellers of them other than aliexpress or chinese sellers. My chain breaker can't seem to remove a link from my 12 speed chain. How have others managed here? I'm guessing bike shops may be able to request these from Shimano.
I do believe your 118 link is correct.

Rocco2787

Aug 4, 2022
Falkirk
Hey everyone, I’m looking at buying a E-Sommet 297 VRS and I was going to get a large, however, after watching a YouTube video I’m not so sure.

I’m bang on 6ft so naturally I was going for large bit in a video I watched the rider had a 2021 in large but has now went for a medium and he is 6ft 1.

Does anyone on here have any experience with sizing that can help advise

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
I had a 2019 E-Sommet & went large, & am same height as you, been looking at analogue escarpe 2022 frame & deffo large, medium would be too small for me

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
You can size down on the 2021 bikes, which are bigger than the 2019 models, for sure. The E-Sommet 297 is a hefty piece of kit and the inherent stability is significant. With the primary reason to size up being extra stability, you can comfortably size down and still plow this bike through the roughest trails. I think the MBR review of this bike says essentially the same thing. By sizing down, you maintain the same stability that you might get from a normal bike in your normal size, but add a bit more scope for being dynamic, as the smaller size becomes easier to manoeuvre. I was on the Small/Medium boundary, have the Small and have never regretted it.

LAWHITEY

Apr 29, 2020
UK
Hey everyone, I’m looking at buying a E-Sommet 297 VRS and I was going to get a large, however, after watching a YouTube video I’m not so sure.

I’m bang on 6ft so naturally I was going for large bit in a video I watched the rider had a 2021 in large but has now went for a medium and he is 6ft 1.

Does anyone on here have any experience with sizing that can help advise

Assume you mean Alex off Wolfpack MTB, thing is he is a pro and knows what he wants out of a bike, I'm 5.9 and just last week ordered the medium, i was actually considering sizing up to the large until i saw his video. Best thing to do is get the dimensions up and compare to your current bike, that's what i've done and made me go for the medium, if i was your height off the Vitus chart i'd be going for the large. Get it bought it's a bargain at the moment with a grand off, i ordered it two days before it dropped at 4500 and after messaging Chain reaction they were good enough to refund me the other 500 so i got it for the cheaper price, result.

Rocco2787

Aug 4, 2022
Falkirk
Assume you mean Alex off Wolfpack MTB, thing is he is a pro and knows what he wants out of a bike, I'm 5.9 and just last week ordered the medium, i was actually considering sizing up to the large until i saw his video. Best thing to do is get the dimensions up and compare to your current bike, that's what i've done and made me go for the medium, if i was your height off the Vitus chart i'd be going for the large. Get it bought it's a bargain at the moment with a grand off, i ordered it two days before it dropped at 4500 and after messaging Chain reaction they were good enough to refund me the other 500 so i got it for the cheaper price, result.

Im ordering it through the cycle2work scheme at my work so I have a large reserved with Wiggle while I wait on my voucher.It’s an absolute bargain as I’ll end up paying just under £3k for it

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles