🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
7FC414DE-EB8E-4CB4-9007-74BF1E1476EA.png

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
If you are just going to be doing light trails then I think it would be fine. Probably more hard core rocky terrain you would be better off with the 140.
HOWEVER, I know we are talking a lot of money here and the 120 versions are considerably cheaper. So if it means having a full suspension emtb or No eMtb then that is a good reason to get the 120mm version.
But In reality I haven't looked at or tried the 120 mm versions so there might be others here who have more of an insight.

antti86

Subscriber
Jul 27, 2020
Finland
I can't open CUBE BIKES at the moment. There must be a lot of interest!
I'm In. It just took a while.

Hackers attacked their website and it's be very slow or not working after that, Cube told about it on their facebook page.

"What do a trail and a website launch have in common?
They can both throw unforeseen obstacles into your path…
It seems hackers were just as interested in our new bikes as you were. We're working at full speed to resolve the issues and ask for your patience. "

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
2021 STEREO HYBRID 160 GOES FULLY CARBON

• E-FULL SUSPENSION:
    • Bosch 85Nm update for all models with Performance Line CX
    • Higher system weight with a maximum of 135 kg – Ideal for heavier riders
    • Approved for use with a trailer (with the exception of full carbon models)
    • New stem and spacers

437302_Stereo Hybrid 160 SLT.png

£7799 and maxxed out spec on pretty much everything.

TheRealPoMo

Apr 18, 2020
Queensland
2021 STEREO HYBRID 160 GOES FULLY CARBON

• E-FULL SUSPENSION:
    • Bosch 85Nm update for all models with Performance Line CX
    • New stem and spacers

View attachment 37483

£7799 and maxxed out spec on pretty much everything.
Yeah...you know you can get a WR450 for that?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Yeah...you know you can get a WR450 for that?

Also things you can buy with £7799
  • A waitrose thin and crispy pepperonni pizza, every night, for 2000 nights
  • 290,909 cups of tea
  • 12,307 double deckers
  • a 2002 land rover defender
  • 228 nights at a premier inn
  • 1000 really nice mugs
  • 779 £100 halfords bikes
  • 68% of a 2021 Levo S-Works

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Not sure what side you are on there Rob, but love the research.
Yeah, sorry my reply was a bit facetious! Maybe I am over the whole pricing debate thing on ebikes!

Ebikes can be cheap, expensive, mid priced... it is what it is really!

Sure there are a load of other things that you can buy for the same price as an ebike, including an MX bike. But its not a great comparison really, as they are totally different ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France

You'd just love to read some of their customer surveys and the image it depicts of the average Cube E-biker and their requirements for a ride ...

hog.jpg

EDIT : Just noticed the name of their website on the back of the landrover .. do a pig . com .. :cool: :love: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

TheRealPoMo

Apr 18, 2020
Queensland
Yeah, sorry my reply was a bit facetious! Maybe I am over the whole pricing debate thing on ebikes!

Ebikes can be cheap, expensive, mid priced... it is what it is really!

Sure there are a load of other things that you can buy for the same price as an ebike, including an MX bike. But its not a great comparison really, as they are totally different
Yes....like almost 3 Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 625's for the same price that funnily enough will get you to the same places the Carbon FS's will.

and a WR450 is an Enduro, not an MX. Not because some tosser said it's an enduro because of chainstay length or "reach" (give me strength...), but because it is road registerable and is capable off road.

Also for your money, you get >300mm suspension travel and >50hp (no pedalling or de-restriction required)

So, I can have a push bike.....or a WR450...shit - I can get a KTM for that money....

My point is - I am not a hater - I love the simplicity and lightwieght of my Cube HT and eMTB's in general...but when the money gets to this level, you have to stand back and say..."it's a feckin' pushbike!"

Last edited:

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
You'd just love to read some of their customer surveys and the image it depicts of the average Cube E-biker and their requirements for a ride ...

View attachment 37488

EDIT : Just noticed the name of their website on the back of the landrover .. do a pig . com .. :cool: :love: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I’d be hooking my inverter and charger up to that car battery in a flash. Nothing like a surprise free lunch for me and the bike
Brings a whole new meaning to living off the land

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Yes....like almost 3 Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 625's for the same price that funnily enough will get you to the same places the Carbon FS's will.
You hit the nail on the head there PoMo.

It's crazy. Lets face it, if you were willing to put the effort in, you could just buy one of Rob's heavily discounted £10 Halfords bikes which would also get you to the same places a Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 625 would ! :cool: ?????

Even better, save that £10 and just walk, I bet walking will get you to all the same places, even if you were super cool and upgraded to Shoeless.

Didn't you spend lots of money on an Audi, "which is faster than a Holden" ?? I just don't get it. You could have bought a polo for way less money which would get you to the same places the Audi would ?

I mean, for €120,000 US you could buy an afalina helicopter - who the hell would buy an Audi ? If you can buy a helicopter ?

My point is - I am not a hater - I love the complexity and lardyness of an Audi and overpriced inefficient performance saloons in general...but when the money gets to this level, you have to stand back and say..."it's a feckin' Tin Box !"

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
You hit the nail on the head there PoMo.

It's crazy. Lets face it, if you were willing to put the effort in, you could just buy one of Rob's heavily discounted £10 Halfords bikes which would also get you to the same places a Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 625 would ! :cool: ?????

Even better, save that £10 and just walk, I bet walking will get you to all the same places, even if you were super cool and upgraded to Shoeless.

Didn't you spend lots of money on an Audi, "which is faster than a Holden" ?? I just don't get it. You could have bought a polo for way less money which would get you to the same places the Audi would ?

I mean, for €120,000 US you could buy an afalina helicopter - who the hell would buy an Audi ? If you can buy a helicopter ?

My point is - I am not a hater - I love the complexity and lardyness of an Audi and overpriced inefficient performance saloons in general...but when the money gets to this level, you have to stand back and say..."it's a feckin' Tin Box !"
Your level of background research of a poster is almost stalker like ?️‍♂️ :ROFLMAO:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles