2020 xduro Allmtn 3.0

BarrieB

Oct 19, 2018
Dundee
Has anyone taken off the battery cover? I just got my bike 2 weeks ago and now the battery is shaking about in the frame but I cannot get the battery cover off to have a look.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

BarrieB

Oct 19, 2018
Dundee
Ok, got the battery out (I wasn't turning the key hard enough, feels like it will snap) anyway I'm not sure if the battery should clip in further? Should the plastic clip over the battery at this bit to hold it tight or is this normal?

20200620_181903.jpg

Jay355

Apr 10, 2020
East Anglia
Hi Barrie, on my 3.5 my battery definitely does not rattle, I couldn’t figure out how to remove the bartery so on my 250 mile service got my LBS to show me.
The tech turned the key and the whole top mechanism seemed to move and the battery dropped out but it was a tight fit on reinstalling. He applied a small amount of silicone grease at the bottom connection turned the key and pushed the battery in, again it was a very good fit and definitely no movement. If I was you I would get it checked as you don’t want any damage to the contact points.

Last edited:

BarrieB

Oct 19, 2018
Dundee
It was the lock mount that wasn't screwed into the frame tight but I'm still sure it should clip over the battery too?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles