2020 Vitus EMTB!!!!

Stuart569

Jun 24, 2019
NE Scotland
I won't be rushing to buy the new charger for 30 minutes advertised faster charging.
FB_IMG_1570743768583.jpg

RocketMagnet

Dec 16, 2018
UK
IMO the only benefits to internal batteries are aesthetic (arguably) and the larger batteries available on some internal bikes.

For better and worse EMTBs has opened up the MTB market to more people and we can't expect them all to put performance before aesthetics. Yes you can have both but so far internal batteries are generally a compromise IMO.

The biggest issue Vitus now have is these bikes, although still good value, are not the no briner they were in 2018/2019. With the trend towards internal and all the marketing implying that it's better somehow then it may be a tougher sell this year.

Personally i'd rather have the charger run slow from 80-100 to protect the life of the battery. What is most desirable is a small lighter charger for those carrying it around with them, I suppose they are thinking portable here hence the faster charge rate that would be more desirable in this use case.

Master Link

Dec 7, 2018
Isle of Wight
I have a Vitus with a chain stay mounted speed sensor. Can I retain this and only install the Di2 mech and shifter and connect? I already have Steps Unlocker, so changing the firmware should not be a problem.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I have a Vitus with a chain stay mounted speed sensor. Can I retain this and only install the Di2 mech and shifter and connect? I already have Steps Unlocker, so changing the firmware should not be a problem.

It should in theory be that simple. There's a spare port for the mech to connect to under the top motor cover and you can connect the shifter to one of the display ports.

You can use Stunlocker (changed it's name, so if you have Steps Unlocker and want updates, you'll need to re-new-install the new version - your existing licence key will still work if you have the €30 upgrade) to change to Di2 - you can do this before hand, the bike still works properly if you have it set to Di2, but don't have Di2.

Master Link

Dec 7, 2018
Isle of Wight
It should in theory be that simple. There's a spare port for the mech to connect to under the top motor cover and you can connect the shifter to one of the display ports.

You can use Stunlocker (changed it's name, so if you have Steps Unlocker and want updates, you'll need to re-new-install the new version - your existing licence key will still work if you have the €30 upgrade) to change to Di2 - you can do this before hand, the bike still works properly if you have it set to Di2, but don't have Di2.
Great, thanks. I do have Stunlocker, I just used the old name because that’s what I think most people will know it as.

Do you know if it reduces motor output during gear changes.

N1ck

Dec 10, 2018
UK
As I've got a broken Vitus with an E7000 motor currently with Madison/Shimano, am I the only thinking I couldn't give two flying fucks about the new Vitus 2020 range. They'll all end up broken in 6 months and then off the road for another 3.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
As I've got a broken Vitus with an E7000 motor currently with Madison/Shimano, am I the only thinking I couldn't give two flying fucks about the new Vitus 2020 range. They'll all end up broken in 6 months and then off the road for another 3.
Its a bit of a catch 22 with them - they are some of the best riding EMTB's out there, and i think the new E-Escarpe will be a banger, but the cutomer service is shocking.

I ended up warrantying my motor (16months old 2500 ish miles) from my E-Sommett direct with Shimano after being given the runaround by CRC, which took 3 weeks from my LBS taking out motor and sending it off to me getting the bike back.

RocketMagnet

Dec 16, 2018
UK
Thanks, and noted?

Di2's advantage imo is it auto trims to keep everything aligned but that's an advantage most people won't benefit from as we can keep it aligned manually and it's rare you need to tweak it anyway IME. I seriously doubt the DI2 will benefit for anyone other than a totally new rider while they learn to shift properly.

Other than that I understand going DI2 just because you can and it's probably fun to setup and use.

AFAIK the Vitus bikes are factory set to Manual Shifting and to use DI2 you need to be able to set it to Electronic (or similar). If you can't change that setting now with your app then DI2 may not work.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles