Levo Gen 2 2020 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
Let's see who gets their 2020 first. I ordered, at least with the dealer, a Comp today in the black color. Last year, the first 2019 videos hit YouTube around Sept 11 from Specialized and Sept 20 from random people.

Reactions: Cmr

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
My dealer said that Specialized said "Late August to Late September." Who knows - that is quite the range. I will put my guess in writing now - I predict September 20 - same as when iPhones arrive.

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
Dealer lent me Giant Trance E+2 Pro to use until the Levo arrives. Super nice of them. If you are in MA or Rhode Island I would suggest 508 Cycles. They also sell on eBay.

I am predisposed to liking Giant because I like my Trance manual bike so much, but I am glad I didn't buy this Giant. I weight it at 55 lbs with Shimano pedals, and it seems like it needs a diet. But I also can't lift the front at all, which I assume is due to the geometry and long chainstays. When I put it on my Thule rack, I had to re-adjust the wheel holders from where my manual Trance was by many inches. I am learning to just plow over things though.

The motor was quiet enough, though louder than the Levo. The cutoff at 20mph was very smooth - no surging at all. Did a 9 mile singletrack at full power and 2 out of 5 battery lights were remaining.

IMG-6281.jpg

Last edited:

20 in 10

Aug 26, 2019
New Zealand
I am very hopeful that I will have my XL Turbo Levo on or before the 10th of September. It would be nice to know what it will look like.

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
That’s because they were not on the dealer website until yesterday. Just ask the dealer to check now. Specialized didn’t give dealers advanced notice.

Hello, I'm from Chile, my 2020 base model arrived on Monday, I upgraded the fork to a Lyrik Ultimate, the brakes to a Codes RSC and install it Cushcore.

View attachment 17748

View attachment 17749
It looks great - Dog too!
Did it come with the Eliminator Black Diamond rear tire or is that an upgrade. I have just put a Butcher Black Diamond on my rear & it feels great!

20 in 10

Aug 26, 2019
New Zealand
I got a big surprise when I heard my bike had arrived and was ready to pick up. It is an XL Turbo Levo Expert.
Cycleways here in Christchurch tubelessed it for me without asking, they know what I like. I asked for the Turbo Connect Display to be fitted.
In the morning I will fit some proper pedals and head up the hills for a "get to know you ride".
The Eliminator is standard fit this year. The Fox 36 looks burly.

20190830_193559.jpg

Frano

Jul 11, 2019
Chile
It looks great - Dog too!
Did it come with the Eliminator Black Diamond rear tire or is that an upgrade. I have just put a Butcher Black Diamond on my rear & it feels great!
It come with the eliminator, all the specs sheet says it would be an eliminator 2.3 but it came with a 2.6
IMG_20190828_132837.jpg

Canakris

Jul 30, 2019
belgium
Weeeeew nice bikes!! I wonder why you guys are getting them so early as we even hear from some countries/dealers who can't even order them.

Frano

Jul 11, 2019
Chile
Weeeeew nice bikes!! I wonder why you guys are getting them so early as we even hear from some countries/dealers who can't even order them.
what my dealer told me was that because of the recall of 2019's bikes, all the shipments to Chile were stopped, so we get just a phew bikes ...., and because of that, we had priority on the 2020's shipments

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 14, 2019
Norfolk

Spoke to a large bike chain store manager today and was told that the (UK) spec hasn't been released yet, so they can't confirm anything about the 2020 bikes. They said I was best to call back in a couple of weeks for more info..:unsure:.

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
They said I was best to call back in a couple of weeks for more info..:unsure:.

He or she is an idiot. Eurobike is next week. With 100% certainly the UK specs will be verified by Sept 4th because Specialized doesn't go to that show without that info.

20 in 10

Aug 26, 2019
New Zealand
I think you should first read the following on the Specialized turbo connect display unit
A phone on the bars is great for navigation but I am not often lost.
It is quite likely the article I read before puchase. All my bikes have a dedicated cycle computer so this was never going to be any different. Also simple is good.
Let me think, no additional wheel sensor needed, no pick up, only one battery to replace instead of two, no cadence sensor if you like that sort of thing, it will do heart rate which I do use a bit on my other bikes.
My phone stays safe, I will crash at some stage. I am not interested in Strava.
On my first ride today I am amazed how well the bike handles and I have not got to the fine tuning part of the suspension yet. Very confidence inspiring and capable trail bike and I did ride it up some gentle hills with the power turned off. It makes my trail bike feel old school.
The display is more than satisfactory for what I want.

NathanNZ

Aug 26, 2019
New Zealand
I got a big surprise when I heard my bike had arrived and was ready to pick up. It is an XL Turbo Levo Expert.
Cycleways here in Christchurch tubelessed it for me without asking, they know what I like. I asked for the Turbo Connect Display to be fitted.
In the morning I will fit some proper pedals and head up the hills for a "get to know you ride".
The Eliminator is standard fit this year. The Fox 36 looks burly.

View attachment 17765
That's awesome. Maybe mine has arrived too. I'm away for a week so will hopefully pick it when I get back.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
Mine is "supposed" to arrive this week... timing is perfect, I broke my ribs on my last ride on my 18 on Wednesday, sold the 18 yesterday and hope to be able to at least gravel by the end of the week on the new bike. I have ordered a 2020 Comp....

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles