Levo Gen 2 2020 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

Bumpy

Jan 1, 2020
Bristol
Just fitted invisiframe matte protection kit for my matte black levo.
3,5hours of total pain in the ass :LOL:
Actually pretty easy job.

Yeah same here, now I just need to find a rear mudguard that actually fits and doesn't cost £55.

I found some of the areas already a decent film on so I skipped them like the chainstay bridge and seat post.

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
I didn't remove any of the exiting tape either, but I doubled up as the tape that came on the bike felt thicker, but the invisiframe covered more area.
I know it said it wasn't recommended, but I liked the idea of having extra protection on the underside of the downtube and the back of the seat post.

Last edited:

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
You guys were quick!

Took me almost a day! I also missed out the duplicates apart from the downtube - extra protection.

A time consuming but satisfying job to me.

Bumpy

Jan 1, 2020
Bristol
I didn't remove any of the exiting tape either, but I doubled up as the tape that came on the bike felt thicker, but the invisiframe covered more area.
I know it said it wasn't recommended, but I liked the idea of having extra protection on the underside of the downtube and the back of the seat post.
My thoughts exactly, it all stuck perfectly well so 2 is better than 1 right?

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland

DFDDA7E0-9959-4E64-90D1-FE4A9E833507.jpeg

FAB164FD-3BCE-40F0-8965-60DCFFC44159.jpeg

89D00FDB-7C68-48FC-ADAD-4F1B7AB015FB.jpeg

4FEAA401-DC07-403A-B36D-CF921AD44A4F.jpeg

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
Some people don't like matt finish, unfortunately with Levo, we don't have much choice regarding nice colors. Putting glossy frame protection and transform mat finish is not a bad idea, especially for people that just can't get over matt finish, like me.... :p
Chameleon Skin with custom parts to fill some gaps and missing parts, like top of downtube.
IMG_3979.JPG

IMG_3969.JPG

IMG_3993.JPG

2wheeledwalbert

Apr 16, 2019
Gloucestershire, England
Some people don't like matt finish, unfortunately with Levo, we don't have much choice regarding nice colors. Putting glossy frame protection and transform mat finish is not a bad idea, especially for people that just can't get over matt finish, like me.... :p
Chameleon Skin with custom parts to fill some gaps and missing parts, like top of downtube.
View attachment 24219
View attachment 24220
View attachment 24218
That looks sweeeeet af. Not keen on any of the 2020 Levo colours. But that looks bad ass with the gloss!

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
That looks sweeeeet af. Not keen on any of the 2020 Levo colours. But that looks bad ass with the gloss!
Thanks. Now you can not tell that is Matt, if you don't get really up close.
Screenshot (70).png
Screenshot (71).png

Screenshot (72).png

We pay for this bikes almost, as much as a small new car. At least they could do, is give us an option, choosing colors, like in car industry or hire more competent person in charge of this department. :cautious:

2wheeledwalbert

Apr 16, 2019
Gloucestershire, England
View attachment 24225 View attachment 24226
View attachment 24227
We pay for this bikes almost, as much as a small new car. At least they could do, is give us an option, choosing colors, like in car industry or hire more competent person in charge of this department. :cautious:
Looks spot on in the gloss look if you ask me ? i like what orbea are doing. Choose your own colour combo.

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
Been thinking to fit cc db coil IL shock to my levo.
Anyone has it, how it rides?
So the size is 210*55, but wich model is correct? The one rhat has 14,7mm end eye or the one wich has 15mm end eye?
what is the pushing size at the top?

Deadeye

Oct 6, 2019
Florida
View attachment 24225 View attachment 24226
View attachment 24227

WOW - What kind of range increase have you noticed running those tires, are those 2.6" ? I image with high pressure they would have very low rolling resistance.

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
WOW - What kind of range increase have you noticed running those tires, are those 2.6" ? I image with high pressure they would have very low rolling resistance.
This are 2.25 Vittoria.
I had similar tires, Continental 2.2 Speed King on my 20kg 2019 Levo, with 500Wh battery.
I manage to do around 120 km and 1.200m vertical elevation, with 15% assistance, on the road of course.
With 700W this would be probably around 160-170km, if you could manage. I can't....:LOL:

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
Is there an off the shelf 27.5 rear wheel that would fit a 2020 levo, eg from an earlier model or Kenevo?

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
I have a question RE the rockshox lyrik and select+ setup.

For reference I have a stumpjumper with fox suspension running 90psi/200psi F/R
I am about 75-80kg with gear on.

I put 100psi/200psi F/R in the levo, sag at 25% both ends, and found that I am bottoming out both really easily. Every run on a local trail, with some jumping /dropping 4 feet or something, the o rings were right at the top of the travel on the front and rear.

Today I tried 110psi/210psi F/R and the fork feels quite harsh, I don't think my hands can stand it for long.

I understand I can add volume spacers, but I am surprised I have to. I am a medium sized guy and am only working the suspension moderately, I have not gone full extreme on the levo (yet). I am seriously concerned if I do, I would damage the suspension with big drops to flat etc

Has anyone had similar issues?

Deadeye

Oct 6, 2019
Florida
This are 2.25 Vittoria.
I had similar tires, Continental 2.2 Speed King on my 20kg 2019 Levo, with 500Wh battery.
I manage to do around 120 km and 1.200m vertical elevation, with 15% assistance, on the road of course.
With 700W this would be probably around 160-170km, if you could manage. I can't....:LOL:

I like what you have done, its a "SuperMoto" Levo. I have been looking at the Vittoria Mezcal for better street performance but still retaining some off road capability.

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
I like what you have done, its a "SuperMoto" Levo. I have been looking at the Vittoria Mezcal for better street performance but still retaining some off road capability.
I forgot about SuperMoto, that would be spot on reference.;)
My friend got Vittoria Mezcal for his 2020 levo and exactly the same purpose, that you are thinking. Sweet spot for street use and also some light offroad. Continental Race king 2.2 is another option. Did have them on my previous Levo.
http://shrani.si/f/1B/3F/2HeJ8ckA/turbo-6.jpg

Last edited:

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
I have a question RE the rockshox lyrik and select+ setup.

For reference I have a stumpjumper with fox suspension running 90psi/200psi F/R
I am about 75-80kg with gear on.

I put 100psi/200psi F/R in the levo, sag at 25% both ends, and found that I am bottoming out both really easily. Every run on a local trail, with some jumping /dropping 4 feet or something, the o rings were right at the top of the travel on the front and rear.

Today I tried 110psi/210psi F/R and the fork feels quite harsh, I don't think my hands can stand it for long.

I understand I can add volume spacers, but I am surprised I have to. I am a medium sized guy and am only working the suspension moderately, I have not gone full extreme on the levo (yet). I am seriously concerned if I do, I would damage the suspension with big drops to flat etc

Has anyone had similar issues?
Yeah the Lyrik Select damper is average and doesn't offer any support to the air side at all so it means if you ride aggressively you need to stuff the fork full of tokens and run quite a bit of pressure to get it to cope with the bigger hits. I'm 88kgs and ran with 110psi with 4 or 5 tokens. The downside to that is it is harsh in all other conditions. .

Replacing the damper with the RC2 will help a little. Fitting the Push HC97 compression valve apparently helps a lot. Shockcraft in NZ can modify the damper to help too. In the end I replaced the fork with a Manitou Mezzer which has been sensational.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles