digitalhippie

Sep 5, 2019
Hobart, Tasmania
Sessioning local trail on the Levo

2020-levo-drops.jpg

martymcspy

Sep 4, 2019
London
Pretty happy with the Lyrik setup ATM. I'm 70kg, running 4 tokens, 80psi. Here's a bit of Gopro footage showing the fork at work on a tech rock trail that forms the start of my morning commute down the mountain each work day.

Great video. What % sag are you at then for 80psi?

I got the 2020 Levo Comp, I'm 85kg fully dressed, and yet at 25% sag over 50km pretty decent terrain, I only hit about 60% of travel with the two token setup.
Dealer set up the sag when I picked the bike up. It's a very very hard ride for me at the moment. Will be taking another go at the suspension set up at the weekend and try and get a nicer ride.

Paolone

Jul 20, 2019
Italia
Are you asking if that is possible, or do I? If the latter, pretty much yes with the biggest hit on the trail I use to tune the fork - watch the video. Using all the travel is not the point of fork setup tho.

I understand ... I like a very soft fork and if possible I want to take advantage of the whole excursion ... consider that in my part all the trails have jumps not exceeding the meter but it's all very broken down

Galion

Sep 20, 2019
Brazil
Bike: When I picked it up, I was a little surprised by the "color". It appears that Specialized just lays a few coats of clear coat over the raw carbon, so the fibers and carbon are very visible in certain areas. It is still black, but you can see a bunch of variation with the carbon, and if you didn't know better you may think it is a flaw. I have owned carbon bikes in the past, but I guess most of those were painted and had a more uniform look. It is way more "raw" looking that the other color option (green-ish). After my first ride, it was covered in dust and dirt, so you cant tell anymore, but something to be aware of if you like to keep your bike clean. I don't so no bother to me, but I suspect that there will be more or lees of this if you compare the same carbon black models..

You meant something like this? I was sold on a 2020 Expert to replace my 2017, but after a close inspection of the frames I know I cant live with those nasty carbon patches. Both Expert colors are beautiful and maybe we are getting irregular stock from Specialized :unsure:
Does yours looks like these? Is this normal? The black/gunmetal hides the “flaws” much better since it has a gorgeous deep shine, but the Matt black/green was less forgiving.

E8F64B9C-5375-42FA-A999-8310DDE768EB.jpeg 55A19EA3-45EE-4A5A-A01C-1E36C6012A92.jpeg 89D59C1F-6D13-49A6-85AE-EC1B3FF2A86F.jpeg 1BEB3587-3312-4BAB-9F1D-C1CCDCD25B39.jpeg

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
You meant something like this? I was sold on a 2020 Expert to replace my 2017, but after a close inspection of the frames I know I cant live with those nasty carbon patches. Both Expert colors are beautiful and maybe we are getting irregular stock from Specialized :unsure:
Does yours looks like these? Is this normal? The black/gunmetal hides the “flaws” much better since it has a gorgeous deep shine, but the black/green was less forgiving.

View attachment 18875 View attachment 18876 View attachment 18877 View attachment 18878
Thats perfectly normal.... but somewhat not aesthetically pleasing on some frames. You can see the carbon lay up. Painted frames cover this up. This is a transparent gloss lacquer.

Kissell

Aug 6, 2019
Southern Cal
Yep, that is how mine looks as well with the carbon patches. Everyone, including the shop I bought at and everyone on here, says that it is normal. No a great look, but to tell you the truth, after one ride there is enough dust that you cant really tell on my bike anymore. I am ok with it. The rest of the bike rocks.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Someone with a wireless dropper post, how frecuently the battery needs recharging? Thanks.

Apparently up to 60 hours per charge for the post unit not that I can verify that - I had used mine for maybe only 10 hours total when it was bricked after a faulty firmware update. Great dropper post, catastrophic fail with the firmware. Hopefully that won't happen again.

Haedesz

Sep 20, 2019
Belgium
Hey all, this forum made me pull the trigger on a 2020 Levo FSR (base model) in navy blue / white mountain. It's my first EMTB and makes me smile from the first pedal stroke. Also really like the matte blue finish.
Arrived yesterday, ill post some more pics and mods later on.
20190920_105900.jpg
pic is before pickup from the bike shop, have been too busy with riding it for pics :)

Last edited:

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
Picked up my Comp, taupe and Voodoo orange, yesterday from Bicycle Chain in Taunton. Up at 6 this morning for first ride in the Quantocks. I've been that excited I haven't been sleeping well. Love the colour, doesn't show the mud

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
Thats perfectly normal.... but somewhat not aesthetically pleasing on some frames. You can see the carbon lay up. Painted frames cover this up. This is a transparent gloss lacquer.
We are paying Ferrari money in bicycle world for this "plastic", so this is totally unacceptable. The same is visible on there other road and MTB frames, when they use mat raw finish. If this is intentional, cutting cost or just stupid decision..... using random patches like this, or they think that it is cool, they are totally wrong.
They should go with time and maybe use Forged top layer, similar like Lamborghini.
https%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F02%2Fscreen-shot-2017-02-17-at-10-10-43-am.png

You would never see such bochery in exotic car world, when they use Raw Carbon finish. And it is not about the cost, because we use to see really nice raw mat or glossy finishes from in the past.

Last edited:

SmackIt

Jul 21, 2019
Reno
So disappointed with the carbon finish. I understand that some people like it, but it bums me out every time I look at my S-Works. A bed liner spray from a rattle can would be better than the current offerings from Specialized.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Unidirectional Carbon that is used on bike frames will always exhibit this raw layup effect. The only way of hiding it will be to add cosmetic layer to hide it. This could be in the form of a cosmetic carbon top layer or paint. Both of which would add unnecessary weight (and cost).

What bike manufacturers do using this UD layup is create a stiff, lightweight and strong frame. End result is that you are seeing the carbon patches. It’s on all carbon frames that use this same process.

Add laquer on the top and add more weight. Add a cosmetic carbon layer on top and add more weight.

Add paint and add more weight. A painted frame can add approximately 300-400 grams to a frame.

SmackIt

Jul 21, 2019
Reno
Add paint and add more weight. A painted frame can add approximately 300-400 grams to a frame.

I would gladly pay the price of 500 grams of weight on a $12,000 ebike to have it look nice. The oil slick paint job on half of my 2019 S-Works is gorgeous, and then it all goes to shite when you look at the rest of the frame.

McInner1

Subscriber
Jun 8, 2019
Austria
4736467B-E94E-495C-9757-548061EC0508.jpeg
That must be new to the 2020 Levos.
The black parts of my 2019 S-Works Levo are just black - no really visible carbon-pattern or -cluster.
But I don‘t think it‘s a black paint. Looks quite natural...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles