Levo Gen 2 2020 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Same with my Lyric Select + fork, I am upgrading to a Fox 36.
That's a debatable upgrade. Which 36 fork? The Lyrik is stiffer than the 36 and if you upgrade the damper on the Lyrik to the 2.1 Charger it helps it immensely which will be way cheaper than a new fork.

FYI I replaced my Lyrik but with a Mezzer.....so much better than either other option

McInner1

Subscriber
Jun 8, 2019
Austria
which Garmin datafields are displayed in the middle?

The entire display, except for the upper ebike field, is created with the IQ-Datafield DIY (design it yourself) by easuvorov.

DIY Data Field (public beta)

86F613B7-D10C-491F-B869-D53B98197340.jpeg

If you are interested - pm me - I‘ve created a guidance-pdf.

Last edited:

McInner1

Subscriber
Jun 8, 2019
Austria
Interesting is there mapping capability with this installed?

Yes. I use the screen shown before, a screen with OpenMTB-map and an elevations-screen. But you can also set up more screens. I switch between the screens with the remote on the handlebar. (It‘s a Garmin Edge 1030)

Edit:
now I‘m not sure... If you mean „can I use maps inside IQ-datafield DIY?“ - then: no!

Last edited:

Paolone

Jul 20, 2019
Italia
Pretty happy with the Lyrik setup ATM. I'm 70kg, running 4 tokens, 80psi. Here's a bit of Gopro footage showing the fork at work on a tech rock trail that forms the start of my morning commute down the mountain each work day.

can you tell me if the compression of the new lyrik select works? mine from open to closed has no differences

Paolone

Jul 20, 2019
Italia
Picked my new 2020 up today and no difference in my compression settings either. Going to call my lbs tomorrow

I have already sent the cartridge in assistance and they tell me that it will be replaced under warranty ... in the meantime I have already installed RCT3 and 160

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Does any1 know what difference exactly should it make if you turn compression setting from one end to another on a fork and on rear shock? The manual which came with a bike has very poor or no existent information about shox setup ...

HKP57

Jul 7, 2018
Central Scotland
Got out on the new bike when I was home but the weather didnt want to give me a break so off out we went to a local country park when the weather slowed down for a couple of hours. So it was a easy XC park slog featuring wet roots, mud, bad camera angles and a wobbly rider.
Went home soaked and happy.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Got out on the new bike when I was home but the weather didnt want to give me a break so off out we went to a local country park when the weather slowed down for a couple of hours. So it was a easy XC park slog featuring wet roots, mud, bad camera angles and a wobbly rider.
Went home soaked and happy.
Wow to everything! I know what you mean about camera angle...chest mount gives you great maybe the best perspective but not the best spot for maintaining best horizon ie. tilt and not the best spot for a 360° camera obviously. One other thing you probably already know riding in those conditions especially - thick waterproof grease on both sides of the crankshaft bearing is a great idea (y) It is possible that 2020 models have better seals. They should have.

Karel Tyc

Sep 11, 2019
Prague
My new Turbo Levo carbon Expert 2010 has been finally dellivered. Great bike. More down the hill oriented than my previous 2018 Levo expert. Fox Fork and Suspension are great! Very light feeling. Moore like non electric bike than ever before.
C2041AE3-9F77-4DEC-9DE6-12B014A0F475.jpeg

53BEE355-C2A4-43BC-B584-E0970A23B302.jpeg

ACD60713-E92F-4178-BA5A-3A4F120DB890.jpeg

E4B1EDEE-D8BA-4C4B-B330-A1550B9A1CC2.jpeg

Last edited:

Galion

Sep 20, 2019
Brazil
That's a debatable upgrade. Which 36 fork? The Lyrik is stiffer than the 36 and if you upgrade the damper on the Lyrik to the 2.1 Charger it helps it immensely which will be way cheaper than a new fork.

FYI I replaced my Lyrik but with a Mezzer.....so much better than either other option

Fox 36 Factory. Although I dig the 2.1 charger mod, can you elaborate please. Is it a simple DIY upgrade?

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Fox 36 Factory. Although I dig the 2.1 charger mod, can you elaborate please. Is it a simple DIY upgrade?
I just don't have much love for Fox forks. I've had lots of warranty claims with them and I personally think they are overrated.

The 2.1 damper mod is super easy. Undo the bottom nut, tap the damper rod free, unscrew damper cap and lift the damper out. Replace with new damper. If you wanted to go all out you could put an avalanche damper in the Lyrik, that would fix most if not all of your front suspension woes. At a cost though lol

Captain45

Oct 1, 2019
Usa
Picked my new 2020 up today and no difference in my compression settings either. Going to call my lbs tomorrow

LBS said its not normal. Lyrik compression settings have no change in Low speed compression. They are placing a warranty request with Specialized. Still by riding the heck out of it though, has enough umph in it not to dive on braking so.

57 Reaction

May 27, 2019
United Kingdom
This is going on tomorrow once my chain guide adaptor comes in!

View attachment 20275
I tried to fit the exact same chainring and found that the attachment lugs will need a few millimetres grinding off the inner edge to allow it to sit correctly on the spider.

I was unable to actually do the grinding because the Praxxis ring was for another bike.

It looked as if the original chain guide would be OK but can't be 100% sure until I actually get the Praxxis chainring fitted.
CR.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles