Levo Gen 2 2020 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
Yeah, the suspension doesn't work as it comes. Imagine all of the people riding it that just have no idea because they can't judge suspension.

digitalhippie

Sep 5, 2019
Hobart, Tasmania
Really enjoying the extra range of the 700wh battery! Razzed around one of the local bike parks all afternoon in Turbo with plenty left at the end of the ride :p

Very fortunate in Hobart, so much trail minutes from the city CBD. Lunchtime escapes on the eMTB are sweet!

turbo-levo-91.jpg

turbo-levo-92.jpg

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
DHF/DHR2 2.6 EXO+ 3C

They are amazing. I just got 17.0 average speed on an 8 mile trail ride. The best I could do with the stock tires was 16.3.

RipTide

Sep 2, 2019
California
Took it out for a short ride. It is so much fun to ride. For those of you wondering if it is worth it or not, it is absolutely worth it. I am looking forward to riding again.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
Took it out for a short ride. It is so much fun to ride. For those of you wondering if it is worth it or not, it is absolutely worth it. I am looking forward to riding again.

I broke my ribs on my last ride on my 18 Levo fsr two weeks ago. Three rides in on my 20 comp. did 13:5 tonight. Took it easy but averaged 10 mph. Loving it.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
Unfortunately, my 2018turbo levo colour combination has been discontinued. I am going to renew my stuff as well and I presuppose that it will not be so easy with my wife :)

If Specialized is clever they will keep the color's consistent for this reason... that's the main reason I chose black. Of course you can get a black one and tell her you painted it... the key is the distinctive matching pedals and grips.... you can start with that plan now, then make sure you are ready to install matching grips and your old pedals on the new bike when you get it!

Karel Tyc

Sep 11, 2019
Prague
If Specialized is clever they will keep the color's consistent for this reason... that's the main reason I chose black. Of course you can get a black one and tell her you painted it... the key is the distinctive matching pedals and grips.... you can start with that plan now, then make sure you are ready to install matching grips and your old pedals on the new bike when you get it!
This is really smart and make sense:)
I knew It was good idea to sign up in this forum. I am in good company:)

digitalhippie

Sep 5, 2019
Hobart, Tasmania
Yeah, the suspension doesn't work as it comes. Imagine all of the people riding it that just have no idea because they can't judge suspension.

All dual suspension bikes need setting up to suit individual riders. We do this with every MTB we sell. The suspension on the Levo is no different. How it ships is only a baseline, which is quite different to saying 'it doesn't work' - especially for others who may be reading your post out of context.

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
True, there is nothing inherently wrong with setting up a factory bike for the heaviest possible rider. It may prevent a cracked frame or something. I just have not run into that before. I have demoed the Giant, Haibike, and some Santa Cruz manual bikes, etc. etc. External controls such as air pressure were always enough.

I posted the issues on several forums, including MBTR suspension sub-forum. No one said "It must have tokens inside it even though they are also in the accessory box."

Last edited:

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
the key is the distinctive matching pedals and grips.... you can start with that plan now, then make sure you are ready to install matching grips and your old pedals on the new bike when you get it!
Even better - put your old, worn grips & pedals on it then upgrade to new ones after she has sighted all the scrapes & dings.

Managed to have 4 new CR250s that way - was only when the alloy frames came in that I was foiled.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
the key is the distinctive matching pedals and grips.... you can start with that plan now, then make sure you are ready to install matching grips and your old pedals on the new bike when you get it!
Even better - put your old, worn grips & pedals on it then upgrade to new ones after she has sighted all the scrapes & dings.

Managed to have 4 new CR250s that way - was only when the alloy frames came in that I was foiled.

I replaced the graphics on my one year old 98yz400f and she accused me of buying a new bike. I showed her the backers from the graphics and the $45 receipt and she never asked again. In 2000 and pretty much every year thereafter I bought a new YZ. Never even blinked.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware

New grips old pedals. This bike cost as much as the last YZ I bought did.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
True, there is nothing inherently wrong with setting up a factory bike for the heaviest possible rider. It may prevent a cracked frame or something. I just have not run into that before. I have demoed the Giant, Haibike, and some Santa Cruz manual bikes, etc. etc. External controls such as air pressure were always enough.

I posted the issues on several forums, including MBTR suspension sub-forum. No one said "It must have tokens inside it even though they are also in the accessory box."

I've never had a bike come out of the box with a suspension that was "right" It takes some time to figure it out...

GeorgesEBike

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 30, 2018
Verdi, NV
Same motor as last years 2019? Wonder if the bosch new motor is quiter? Is this basically the same bike as the 2019?

Yes same motor as the 2019 but seems quieter than the 2018 and 2019. It's a Brose motor. Only difference from 2019 is SRAM AXS dropper post and all black frame. Also has all of the 2019 fixes like new motor cover, new linkage, ect...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles