Levo Gen 2 2020 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
It arrived. 2020 Comp.

Thule T2 Pro XT 9034XT rack pictured.

51.5 lbs with tubes and pedals and 700Wh battery. By comparison a 2019 Giant Trance E+2 with 500Wh battery is 54.5 lbs.

IMG-6450.jpg

IMG-6451.jpg

IMG-6453.jpg
where do you live?

ChrisH

Aug 5, 2019
Denmark
It arrived. 2020 Comp.

51.5 lbs with tubes and pedals and 700Wh battery. By comparison a 2019 Giant Trance E+2 with 500Wh battery is 54.5 lbs.

IMG-6450.jpg

IMG-6451.jpg

IMG-6453.jpg
Nice Congratulations!
I ordered the same model in an XL on Aug. 1. and was promised delivery in mid-August by Specialized Europe.
Well, we all know that didnt happen, then in mid-August, they said to wait another 2 weeks, I did and now they wont say anything....
So im still waiting....

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
It arrived. 2020 Comp.

IMG-6450.jpg

IMG-6451.jpg

IMG-6453.jpg
That is so bloody sexy! Those colours are just perfect!

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
I think I want a larger chainring. I am not sure I ever would use the lowest gear with the current chainring.

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
The bike is great, but if it had one weakness, the brake levers seem way too budget part. I would expect them on an $1200 bike but not even on a $1600 bike.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
The bike is great, but if it had one weakness, the brake levers seem way too budget part. I would expect them on an $1200 bike but not even on a $1600 bike.

Well given that it's a mountain bike, go ahead and buy replacement levers so you are ready to replace them as soon as you break the original ones!LOL

ChrisH

Aug 5, 2019
Denmark
I finally got the long awaited call today.
My 2020 Levo Comp got shipped from the Netherlands today!
With delivery in Denmark Friday or Monday.
Needless to say, i'm super excited now!

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
I did a long trail ride on my 2020 Comp today.

The motor system is a dream. The bike looks great. Blevo was great. I do have a few things that are a step down from my other bikes.

One is the SRAM brakes. They not only don't grip like the Shimano brakes I am used to, but the levers are not adjustible for length of pull.

Another is the tires. I made them tubeless, and even at 12psi front, 15 back - they were slippery on damp tree roots. In general, they seemed to be slippery on things that my Knobby Nic or Maxxis DHF would not have trouble with - at least that is my impression.

Also, the suspension. I can't make it not feel harsh and bouncy. I used the suspension setup app, and tried the recommended settings, as well as other settings. Even with 30% sag and with my low tire psi, - they are harsh. I tried the rebound at slow settings as well. Nothing helped. I am thinking that it is over-forked and just has too much high speed dampening even at the lowest setting. This is the eMTB version of the fork, so they set it up assuming a heaving load.

Not sure how to fix the suspension to make it feel like the Fox on the other two bikes I ride a lot.

Compare that to the Giant Trance E+2. On that, the tires, suspension, and brakes were all amazing, but the motor system, battery, and frame geometry were not as good.

Last edited:

seamarsh

May 7, 2019
usa

The motor system is a dream. The bike looks great. Blevo was great. I do have a few things that are a step down from my other bikes.

One is the SRAM brakes. They not only don't grip like the Shimano brakes I am used to, but the levers are not adjustible for length of pull.

Another is the tires. I made them tubeless, and even at 12psi front, 15 back - they were slippery on damp tree roots. In general, they seemed to be slippery on things that my Knobby Nic or Maxxis DHF would not have trouble with - at least that is my impression.

Also, the suspension. I can't make it not feel harsh and bouncy. I used the suspension setup app, and tried the recommended settings, as well as other settings. Even with 30% sag and with my low tire psi, - they are harsh. I tried the rebound at slow settings as well. Nothing helped. I am thinking that it is over-forked and just has too much high speed dampening even at the lowest setting. This is the eMTB version of the fork, so they set it up assuming a heaving load.

Not sure how to fix the suspension to make it feel like the Fox on the other two bikes I ride a lot.

Compare that to the Giant Trance E+2. On that, the tires, suspension, and brakes were all amazing, but the motor system, battery, and frame geometry were not as good.

Think I just replied to your other post on another forum..lol anyway.

Suspension takes a few hours to break in, bushings etc.. just ride it for about 10 hours.

good info fro set up

1 Page Suspension Setup Guide | Shockcraft

Also your psi on tires is too low in my opinion.. what you are feeling is tire roll not slippage.

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
Psi is related to weight and tire volume, so one needs to know the tire size and width and rider weight.

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
More basic question - the rear shock has a compression damping setting. With Fox it is three positions and to the right of the rider is firm, down is a mid setting, and to the left is soft.

On this bike, it has two positions. Up and down. No user manual that came with the bike explains it, and neither does RockShox website or any videos they put out.

I don't know what the two settings are.

seamarsh

May 7, 2019
usa
Psi is related to weight and tire volume, so one needs to know the tire size and width and rider weight.
Well with a 50lbs bike and 29er tires 12 psi is way too low out the gate.

I’d start at something more around a base line. Say 26 front 28 rear.

Trout74

Jul 25, 2019
Iowa

Does the 2020 turbo Levo have a different motor or motor program than the 2019? I thought they were identical.
Thanks

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
More basic question - the rear shock has a compression damping setting. With Fox it is three positions and to the right of the rider is firm, down is a mid setting, and to the left is soft.

On this bike, it has two positions. Up and down. No user manual that came with the bike explains it, and neither does RockShox website or any videos they put out.

I don't know what the two settings are.
One is locked out and the other is full open - in my experience you just leave it fully open.

LordExplorer

Aug 20, 2019
Denver
Has anyone had luck getting a 2020 at a discount? I’m guessing not as they’re brand new. I’m hoping to get my dealer to do a 10% discount if purchasing another (lower cost) bike at same time. They had offered me a 2019 Kenevo Expert for 5k but I’m leaning towards a 2020 Levo. Haven’t found a Kenevo to try and it’s specs are more gravity focused than I’ll actually do

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
Has anyone had luck getting a 2020 at a discount? I’m guessing not as they’re brand new. I’m hoping to get my dealer to do a 10% discount if purchasing another (lower cost) bike at same time. They had offered me a 2019 Kenevo Expert for 5k but I’m leaning towards a 2020 Levo. Haven’t found a Kenevo to try and it’s specs are more gravity focused than I’ll actually do

Some guy posted that he got 15% off a 2020. It seems uncommon, but doable under the right conditions.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles