Levo Gen 2 2020 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
God damn this red lyrik is hot. So fking awesome!

29B56874-EC8B-4F5C-BC53-2913DCA74D00.jpeg

3ECFFB4F-AB61-419E-B56C-D0A281337830.jpeg

dfkenevo

Aug 13, 2018
Truckee, Ca
I replaced my ‘18 Kenevo for this ‘20 Expert. I love everything of it and with the DVO Diamond D1 160mm up in the front and a Topaz T3 air shock I like it even more. After messing around a little bit with air pressure and normal adjustments on both, fork and shock, I got it dialed!!
Thumbs up for DVO, small company that makes good quality product, high performance and also great costumer service!!

7484CB39-C175-4283-89C2-B272D609BB02.jpeg

4454A288-35DF-44A0-B46A-3C30B2D77A97.png

2D738365-48FB-44B8-8746-786DCABE63B7.png

Last edited:

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Yep. Used smashpot also last summer. Awesome piece of kit. #runovereverything
What weight are you and what spring rate are you using? I had the smashpot in a Fox 36 and it was flawless but when I put it in the Lyrik the spring rattles and annoys me, so much so I removed it. Functionally the smashpot is sensational. My favourite part is the HBO.

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
What weight are you and what spring rate are you using? I had the smashpot in a Fox 36 and it was flawless but when I put it in the Lyrik the spring rattles and annoys me, so much so I removed it. Functionally the smashpot is sensational. My favourite part is the HBO.

Last summer used in pike with rc2.1 damper. Spring was first 50lbs but soon changed it to 55lbs.
Now with lyrik have the 55lbs also, sag is 25%. My weight is around 86kg.

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland

Did you put the same smashpot to lyrik that was in the fox? In their web site there is own model both of them.
is the spring preload set up correctly? That is the main thing to cause spring rattle. Sounds that you have too little preload.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Did you put the same smashpot to lyrik that was in the fox? In their web site there is own model both of them.
is the spring preload set up correctly? That is the main thing to cause spring rattle. Sounds that you have too little preload.
Yeah I changed the footnut and the topcap to change forks. I tried everything from little to lots of preload but the spring kept rattling in the Lyrik.

Mtbvkk

Feb 21, 2020
Seattle, wa
Dealer says bike should be here next week. Can’t wait. My first e-bike.

Any other riders from the US here? How are you dealing with all the hate? There’s a thread on mtb r where they were discussing calling 911 on someone riding a class 1 in a local bike park!

Temecula

Oct 23, 2019
California
I replaced my ‘18 Kenevo for this ‘20 Expert. I love everything of it and with the DVO Diamond D1 160mm up in the front and a Topaz T3 air shock I like it even more. After messing around a little bit with air pressure and normal adjustments on both, fork and shock, I got it dialed!!
Thumbs up for DVO, small company that makes good quality product, high performance and also great costumer service!!

View attachment 27502

View attachment 27503

View attachment 27504

Temecula

Oct 23, 2019
California
I have also upgraded recently to the DVO Topaz T3. I'm a bigger guy at 250 lbs and couldn't get my stock shock on my Turbo Levo Expert to give me the correct sag setting. I called DVO and literally the next day a had a custom tuned shock on the bike. What a difference! Great service.

IMG_3525.jpeg

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
I have looked for the right e-bike for months but they are to expensive or the components to low budget.

Today i just decide to order levo comp 2020, it is a crazy expensive bike but i hope it is worth it.

Last edited:

Mtbvkk

Feb 21, 2020
Seattle, wa
I just picked mine and brought it home then noticed a small scratch in the top tube. It’s small and my wife thinks I’m crazy to worry about it but at 6k This is not a trivial purchase and
F0E66C2C-D375-4FDE-9BA1-D2CDCFB378B0.jpeg
I was planning to wrap the bike before anything happened to it and so am a bit disappointed. Lbs owner said he’d contact specialized for a credit but wasn’t sure they’d do anything. Obviously I already paid for it so I guess I'm Out of luck.

Last edited:

Mtbvkk

Feb 21, 2020
Seattle, wa
The bike is otherwise great though and I love the color. LBS is helping me get a credit so I think I'll be ok - it is a tiny chip. :)

IMG_2396.jpg

PSR1947

Mar 14, 2020
Epping Essex UK
On Monday I returned my Levo Comp to my lbs for its first free service after almost 300 miles. My only concern was that on my previous outing, on starting up, the lights held red/blue before closing down. I removed the plug, replaced it, fired up and all was well. I then went on to do 29 miles of glorious xcountry without a hitch.

I told the bike mechanic of the problem and he said he would sort it out.

Two hours later a call and all was ready. He said that there had been water ingress and they had replaced the tcu. To demonstrate all was now ok, he fired it up. Regrettably, the blue lights were flickering so it was a further delay

They again replaced the tcu and I went home happy.

The Levo is kept in a dry and warm garage, so I was most surprised that it wouldn't fire up the following day.

Again an 18-mile journey where they took it in but couldn't diagnose the fault. They tried a new battery, tcu etc but to no avail.

He contacted Spec HQ and they would diagnose the problem and sort it.

There was a vague promise of a demo bike next week if it isn't sorted.

I returned home somewhat deflated.

Chatting to the mechanic he said that more than 80% of the problems in the service dept that are returned to them are on ebikes. This is my second Levo. The 2016 hardtail was great when it was running, but in the 3 years I owned it, it was off the road for 8 of those 36 months.

I do hope this one doesn't follow the same path.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles