Levo Gen 2 2020 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

mtbchris

Dec 2, 2019
San Diego, CA
...I understand I can add volume spacers, but I am surprised I have to. I am a medium sized guy and am only working the suspension moderately, I have not gone full extreme on the levo (yet). I am seriously concerned if I do, I would damage the suspension with big drops to flat etc

Has anyone had similar issues?

Same for me. Ended up installing a PUSH ACS3 and bumping up the travel to 160mm in the process. I run about 30 psi in the ABS and haven't had any issues with bottoming out on the more aggressive trails

JAMPIKE

Jan 14, 2020
POLAND
I wonder if the Turbo Levo comp 2020 for riding on the roots, without big drops, will be better Ohlins TTX22 air or rather TTX22 coil or EXT Storia

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
It is seriously concerning that as standard (and at 25% sag) the comp cannot take a 4 foot drop without bottoming out. I was under the impression that the lyrik was a good fork?

My comparison point is a 2019 stumpjumper with Fox 34 rhythm and Fox DPS shock. These do not feel harsh. The fork on that I don't think I've ever bottomed out running about 90psi.

Do Specialized seriously expect people to immediately start upgrading suspension having shelled out over 5K GBP for a 2020 Comp? I can't believe that they don't do any jumps/drops when testing levos?!?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
It is seriously concerning that as standard (and at 25% sag) the comp cannot take a 4 foot drop without bottoming out. I was under the impression that the lyrik was a good fork?

My comparison point is a 2019 stumpjumper with Fox 34 rhythm and Fox DPS shock. These do not feel harsh. The fork on that I don't think I've ever bottomed out running about 90psi.

Do Specialized seriously expect people to immediately start upgrading suspension having shelled out over 5K GBP for a 2020 Comp? I can't believe that they don't do any jumps/drops when testing levos?!?
The fork is either set up wrong or faulty - have you got some base line specs for it using the Rockshox Trailhead app - it may not give you the right setting but it will give you a ball park.

RockShox Setup Guide | SRAM

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
Just looking at their manual on that here:
https://www.sram.com/contentassets/..._coil_token_specification_english_rev_a_0.pdf

about 90 psi. Although I probably lose a bit disconnecting the pump.

One other thing I noticed is, its a bit sticky. When you lean down on the front, nothing happens, lean a bit more then it starts moving down faster than you expect. Like its a bit stuck in the first bit of travel. I don't have that feature with the fox fork.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Just looking at their manual on that here:
https://www.sram.com/contentassets/..._coil_token_specification_english_rev_a_0.pdf

about 90 psi. Although I probably lose a bit disconnecting the pump.

One other thing I noticed is, its a bit sticky. When you lean down on the front, nothing happens, lean a bit more then it starts moving down faster than you expect. Like its a bit stuck in the first bit of travel. I don't have that feature with the fox fork.
Put some spacers into the fork and reinflate to the same pressure.

Then turn the bike upside down and let it sit there for an hour before you ride. Presuming there is some oil in there this will assist getting it up the fork leg and will help with the stickiness off the top.

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
Put some spacers into the fork and reinflate to the same pressure.

Then turn the bike upside down and let it sit there for an hour before you ride. Presuming there is some oil in there this will assist getting it up the fork leg and will help with the stickiness off the top.

Thanks - will try

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
Fitted 160mm airshaft in lyrik on my 2020 comp.

Wonder what they have done with these select forks/shocks as they need much more airpressure than 2019 models.
Select fork:
Now 115psi
2019 90psi

Deluxe select+: 240psi
Deluxe:180psi

Rider weight 88kg.

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
Fitted 160mm airshaft in lyrik on my 2020 comp.

Wonder what they have done with these select forks/shocks as they need much more airpressure than 2019 models.
Select fork:
Now 115psi
2019 90psi

Deluxe select+: 240psi
Deluxe:180psi

Rider weight 88kg.

how are you measuring they need more pressure, via sag , or bottoming out? I have set up as per sag, and the RockShox calculators, the rear I am bottoming out, front , getting to the debonair writing which I think is about 10mm from bottoming

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
how are you measuring they need more pressure, via sag , or bottoming out? I have set up as per sag, and the RockShox calculators, the rear I am bottoming out, front , getting to the debonair writing which I think is about 10mm from bottoming

Per sag and also bottoming

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
I'm a bit puzzled, the 2019-2020 Lyrik/Yari Service Manual does show a 24mm cassette tool required. I also have several cassette tools all of which work on Shimano and SRAM XD cassettes and on my Yaris. I don't think there is more than one standard for cassettes/tools.

jsharpe

May 15, 2019
USA
Yes it is the same.You also have this option from Italy, that have some extra peaces for the downtube.Turbo Levo FSR Aluminium 2019 - Chameleon Skin - bicycle frame protection

After spending way too much time researching whether to use any kind of protection and then what to use, (it's still very winter here), I eventually contacted John at Chameleon Skin to confirm that I could get the extra piece to fully cover the downtube. His very prompt and helpful communication was what pushed me into choosing that alternative, although I'm sure I would have also been happy with Invisiframe.

Two things he mentioned were that even the satin skin will have somewhat more sheen than the flat black of the Levo, but I knew that already from the pictures others have posted here. And also, the black Specialized logo will not be visible with the film on it. This happens because even if now you see the gloss letters on the matte background, everything is the same color and the film evens it all out.

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
I'm a bit puzzled, the 2019-2020 Lyrik/Yari Service Manual does show a 24mm cassette tool required. I also have several cassette tools all of which work on Shimano and SRAM XD cassettes and on my Yaris. I don't think there is more than one standard for cassettes/tools.

Thank you. I have a bike tool kit with 3 similar looking tools, but none of them fit . Perhaps they aren’t for cassettes

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
Suggest you check them on a cassette. If they fit they'll fit the fork, if noti think you need a trip to the LBS.

goodchild451

Feb 1, 2020
Texas
Newbie here using my 2020 turbo levo comp everywhere I can. Currently having avalanche downhill build a bomber Cr rear shock and add a mid valve on my lyrik forks.

2623EBD3-C851-44C9-893D-BF5CC9EA7C81.jpeg

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
My rear mech just imploded. Cage broken and 1 jockey wheel missing. Luckily I was going very slowly, and amazingly only about 1.5 miles from home and it was all downhill.

Berkshire cycles guessed what the issue was, the bearings are seized. Opened one and its caked with mud inside! Not bad going for 6 weeks old, although it has seen some rough conditions. I haven't jet washed, only used a hose. Cant really see how I can either avoid mud, or water to wash it off either.

anyone else had issues with mud/water ingress on SRAM GX jockey wheels?

Bumpy

Jan 1, 2020
Bristol
Just curious what PSI others are runnig tubeless at? Currently at 22 rear and 20 front for the wet and muddy trails here.

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
My rear mech just imploded. Cage broken and 1 jockey wheel missing. Luckily I was going very slowly, and amazingly only about 1.5 miles from home and it was all downhill.

Berkshire cycles guessed what the issue was, the bearings are seized. Opened one and its caked with mud inside! Not bad going for 6 weeks old, although it has seen some rough conditions. I haven't jet washed, only used a hose. Cant really see how I can either avoid mud, or water to wash it off either.

anyone else had issues with mud/water ingress on SRAM GX jockey wheels?
Yes, 2 bikes at 3-6 month point. Go Hope, same price as SRAM, jockey wheels. 3 years on still spinning.

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
I see this more of a warranty issue, did you speak to the bike shop you bought it from about it? Berkshire told me the mech isn’t usually covered however I’m not sure Specialized can pick and choose what they do and don’t warranty

i
Yes, 2 bikes at 3-6 month point. Go Hope, same price as SRAM, jockey wheels. 3 years on still spinning.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles