Levo Gen 2 2020 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

mtbchris

Dec 2, 2019
San Diego, CA
Picked up mine on Dec 3rd. This thing is so much fun!
2020 Levo.jpg

Four Flusher

Jun 24, 2019
Reno
I'm getting ready to order a 2020 Comp and I'm trying to decide on color. My '19 was Taupe so that's out. I'm leaning toward the black but I've read that the mat finish is not very durable. Please share your experience. The Grey looks blue, anyone have experience with durability of that color?

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
My theory is that I will always buy the black bike...I had an 18, Levo FSR, and also have a 19 Stumpjumper... both in Matte Black. When I sold the 18 and bought he 20 and when I ride the stumpy, my wife just assumes they are the same bike. No need to create the opportunity for more unnecessary questions!

Gray squirrel

Dec 25, 2019
Ny
Yes very smart ,I try the same thing but she has cought on,she knows I can't have same bike more than 2 yrs so secret is up????

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
My theory is that I will always buy the black bike...I had an 18, Levo FSR, and also have a 19 Stumpjumper... both in Matte Black. When I sold the 18 and bought he 20 and when I ride the stumpy, my wife just assumes they are the same bike. No need to create the opportunity for more unnecessary questions!

I run blue grips, blue pedals and a boston terrier sticker on the front.... it's the same bike!

Rocket Roche

Nov 21, 2018
Hertfordshire
I'm getting ready to order a 2020 Comp and I'm trying to decide on color. My '19 was Taupe so that's out. I'm leaning toward the black but I've read that the mat finish is not very durable. Please share your experience. The Grey looks blue, anyone have experience with durability of that color?

Yeah tricky one... I bought the 2017 in matt black it and it still looks ok a few wear marks in the usual places and some fine scratches but a wipe over with a cloth with GT85 on makes the fine ones disappear.

Now got the 2020 comp matt black of course :cool: but had it invisiframed to keep that new look well worth it I think when your dropping that amount of cash on a bike(y)

Also got an Specialized Epic comp in natural carbon? I think its an addiction :eek: and can't bring myself to sell old bikes :rolleyes: stopped the misses from going in the garage so not been found out yet they look lovely all lined up ready for play time.... :love:

Gray squirrel

Dec 25, 2019
Ny
Yeah tricky one... I bought the 2017 in matt black it and it still looks ok a few wear marks in the usual places and some fine scratches but a wipe over with a cloth with GT85 on makes the fine ones disappear.

Now got the 2020 comp matt black of course :cool: but had it invisiframed to keep that new look well worth it I think when your dropping that amount of cash on a bike(y)

Also got an Specialized Epic comp in natural carbon? I think its an addiction :eek: and can't bring myself to sell old bikes :rolleyes: stopped the misses from going in the garage so not been found out yet they look lovely all lined up ready for play time.... :love:
U have plastic on your couch too ???????????

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
Hi

My levo flashes red light on tcu when starting it. It will start normally but why there is red led on tcu for a second?

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
Hi

My levo flashes red light on tcu when starting it. It will start normally but why there is red led on tcu for a second?

Hi TomH, I've had mine since November and it flashes red for a split second as the blue lights turn on, never had any issues, I've always thought it was normal.

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
Good to hear that others have it too.
What i have heard is that there is also bikes starting without red blink.

thewrx

Sep 4, 2019
US
Its just part of the POST when you power up the bike.

On a side note ordered a lupine headlight for the levo, tired of sub par lighting on my bike trails at night.

congerball

Jun 3, 2019
Yorkshire UK
Good to hear that others have it too.
What i have heard is that there is also bikes starting without red blink.

Just browsing this thread and saw this, I too had this on my 19 but as it was only there for literally a nano second I thought nothing of it until I saw this as the bikes been fine. I’ve just had a cheeky service and whilst in they updated my TCU firmware to 25.B.0....the red light is no longer visible (y)(y)

I would like to know the release notes or version history/changes to confirm this and what other things that might have been fixed/new features but I can’t find any information anywhere on the interwebs. I have asked in the other thread - TCU Firmware Update 25.B.0

EDIT: No it’s still there...??

Last edited:

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
I have TCU firmware 22.B.0 and I don't have red flashes at startup ... although I sometimes get red+blue flashes right after powering on, but it is quickly fixable with shutting off and on again, will tell my LBS to check into this on next service appointment, maybe new firmware update will fix it ...

congerball

Jun 3, 2019
Yorkshire UK
The red LED when powering on is/was like a single blip (not flashing multiple times) whilst the blue LEDS are lighting up (at the same time sort of thing f you get what I mean?) literally blink and you’d miss the red LED and just see the blue LEDs light up. It had zero/no negative effects so I took no notice....until I saw this thread...and since the new 25.B.0 update I don’t see it anymore.
(Should have added that I wasn’t aware of 22.B.0 and went from 1A.B.0 straight to 25.B.0)

EDIT: No it’s still there...

Last edited:

johnwski

Aug 11, 2019
Calif
I have TCU firmware 22.B.0 and like congerball the red LED when powering on is like a single blip and I always missed it???

I’ve also had zero, no negative effects thus far.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles