Levo Gen 2 2020 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
So sram sent my lbs a new damper for the warranty claim on my lyrik. The lsc dial had no effect. This is what they sent. I now have have hsc! Lbs isn't certain, can anyone tell from the Pic, did I get an RC charger 2.1 RC2 upgrade?

View attachment 21993
Yes. Quite common of SRAM to upgrade parts that have been returned faulty under warranty. Brakes are another good example.

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
So sram sent my lbs a new damper for the warranty claim on my lyrik. The lsc dial had no effect. This is what they sent. I now have have hsc! Lbs isn't certain, can anyone tell from the Pic, did I get an RC charger 2.1 RC2 upgrade?

View attachment 21993
Yes this Looks like Lyrike Ultimate 2020 with Charger 2.1 RC2 combined with SKF dust wipers and seals...:eek:
Rock Shox Lyrik Ultimate RC2 Debon Air Charger 2.1 Boost Tapered 29" fork 2020 LordGun online bike store

hexagon

Jun 22, 2019
Cape Town
Anyone here who have the base Levo 2020 model with the RockShox 35 29 fork?

I am in the research stages of buying my first e-bike, and would like to know if the RockShox fork is a terrible fork or not. The price range here in South Africa is a bit too much for my wallet to get the Comp version with the Lyrik .

I currently ride a Giant Reign with 160mm Pike fork, it takes a beating and has been good over the years.

Any ideas / suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Capture.PNG

Swan

Oct 19, 2019
North Idaho, US

I am in the research stages of buying my first e-bike, and would like to know if the RockShox fork is a terrible fork or not. The price range here in South Africa is a bit too much for my wallet to get the Comp version with the Lyrik .

I currently ride a Giant Reign with 160mm Pike fork, it takes a beating and has been good over the years.

Thanks.

View attachment 22121

If all you can afford is the base model, it's still a great bike..

But the step to the comp where you get the 700w battery compared to the 500w, the RS 35 fork compared to the Lyrik, the GX vs NX drivetrain and the level vs the Guide brakes is a big step up in performance.. The battery and fork alone are well worth stepping up to the comp if possible.

Lenka

Nov 19, 2019
Praha

Thanks.

View attachment 22121
Hi, the difference in price of both models is crazy. but try talking to the dealer. mine gave me a 15% discount on Comp. that is then a good price. the basic model has not only another fork, but also a shock absorber. I mean shifting and of course better battery.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
If all you can afford is the base model, it's still a great bike..

But the step to the comp where you get the 700w battery compared to the 500w, the RS 35 fork compared to the Lyrik, the GX vs NX drivetrain and the level vs the Guide brakes is a big step up in performance.. The battery and fork alone are well worth stepping up to the comp if possible.

I had a 2018 base and it was great, I'm also 240 pounds so I USE my suspension.... I know own a 2020 Comp but only because of the larger battery. I concur that if you can find a way to get the Comp do it, but if not you will be thrilled with the base model. As far as components, they tend to be an acquired taste and the set up is more important than the actual component quite often. Also, my theory has long been, buy the base model and WHEN you break something (I view MTB components as all doomed) then get what you want with a better understanding of what you need on that bike....

Last edited:

AdamM

Subscriber
Nov 17, 2019
Poland
I can’t resist! I have to ride my Levo! ?
Ladies and Gentleman, there is to little outdoor pictures of Levos in this tread!

Sicomtb mudguards installed.
Tried Schwalbe Hans Dampf (blue addix) 2,6 today... can’t say much difference from stock tires to be honest. Well, schwalbes are throwing more mud on my back ?
I’m leaning towards 2,4 tyres for muddy winter rides.

E51ADC64-8059-49F4-A967-231EDB82803C.jpeg

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK

Thanks.

Hello from the UK :)

I'm in the same position. I have spent quite a while looking at the different components.
For info I currently use a 2019 base stumpjumper (which I love). This is my first e-bike purchase and I'm pretty much set on a levo.

As far as suspension goes I've read the RS 35 fork is based on the revelation. I was a bit put off by it seeming low end but from the sound of it its sort of comparable to my current Fox 34 Rhythm (which I like very much)

The NX/GX shifter, doesnt seem much difference. Brakes - not really sure on. I test rode a 2019 comp the other day, brakes felt rubbish. So rubbish in fact that I can't believe that its normal. Perhaps not bedded in yet or contaminated or something. Currently using shimano XT and they've been great.

battery, depends on what you are using it for and long you ride for I guess. For me, its hours at bike parks, with steep climbs over and over. Thats the whole reason I'm getting an ebike in the first place, to go harder, and longer. The 700W is more headroom without having to worry about range I guess.

At the moment, I am leaning towards getting a Comp. Just to future proof more than anything.

as far as price goes, I spoke to a well known dealer in south england, and have got a price well below RRP. I was surprised at this as everywhere seems to be selling at the exact RRP. I just said I was restricted to 5K but really wanted to get on a comp. That has allowed me to get a comp in the first place as I'm buying on a cycle to work scheme limited to £5000.

More of a challenge to choose is the colours, these are different from base to comp.

I really like the red and blue from the base range, but not too keen on any of the colours from the comp range. The red looks more orange on the comp to me, although I havent seen it in real life yet. Taupe is a no, and the blue is a bit light for my taste. That leaves black but I already have a black stumpy...

Are you getting yours wrapped? I plan to this time, my 2019 matt black stumpjumper looks a bit of a mess and its only a year old!

hexagon

Jun 22, 2019
Cape Town

I'm in the same position. I have spent quite a while looking at the different components.
For info I currently use a 2019 base stumpjumper (which I love). This is my first e-bike purchase and I'm pretty much set on a levo.

As far as suspension goes I've read the RS 35 fork is based on the revelation. I was a bit put off by it seeming low end but from the sound of it its sort of comparable to my current Fox 34 Rhythm (which I like very much)

The NX/GX shifter, doesnt seem much difference. Brakes - not really sure on. I test rode a 2019 comp the other day, brakes felt rubbish. So rubbish in fact that I can't believe that its normal. Perhaps not bedded in yet or contaminated or something. Currently using shimano XT and they've been great.

battery, depends on what you are using it for and long you ride for I guess. For me, its hours at bike parks, with steep climbs over and over. Thats the whole reason I'm getting an ebike in the first place, to go harder, and longer. The 700W is more headroom without having to worry about range I guess.

At the moment, I am leaning towards getting a Comp. Just to future proof more than anything.

as far as price goes, I spoke to a well known dealer in south england, and have got a price well below RRP. I was surprised at this as everywhere seems to be selling at the exact RRP. I just said I was restricted to 5K but really wanted to get on a comp. That has allowed me to get a comp in the first place as I'm buying on a cycle to work scheme limited to £5000.

More of a challenge to choose is the colours, these are different from base to comp.

I really like the red and blue from the base range, but not too keen on any of the colours from the comp range. The red looks more orange on the comp to me, although I havent seen it in real life yet. Taupe is a no, and the blue is a bit light for my taste. That leaves black but I already have a black stumpy...

Are you getting yours wrapped? I plan to this time, my 2019 matt black stumpjumper looks a bit of a mess and its only a year old!

Thanks for your input, I’m now leaning towards the Comp, and it does make sense to future proof, I don’t want to be in a situation in a year from now saying I should have.... Color, mmm, I kinda like the toupe/orange, but then the stealth black is also nice, undecided at the moment.

AdamM

Subscriber
Nov 17, 2019
Poland
Can anyone feel the Compression knob on the Lyriks actually do anything?

I have Lyrik on my other bike (SC Hightower lt). Originally with charger 2.0, upgradedvto charger 2.1. Both rct3. Actually, there is different feel in every position of compression knob, but there is no total lockout feeling like with fox 36.
Also demoed Levo with Lyrik and it was the same.

Captain45

Oct 1, 2019
Usa

Check a page back or so in this thread, I couldn't feel any difference in my lyrik so my lbs replaced the damper under warranty. Luckily I got a charger 2.1 upgrade in the process. I'm not sure if some bad lyriks went out of the factory or if the settings are just so minute its hard to tell but

Bike

anithing
Check a page back or so in this thread, I couldn't feel any difference in my lyrik so my lbs replaced the damper under warranty. Luckily I got a charger 2.1 upgrade in the process. I'm not sure if some bad lyriks went out of the factory or if the settings are just so minute its hard to tell but
how long did you wait without the bike? could you ask to your dealer the confirm you catch on guarranty the 2.1 rc charger,ty so much for your post!:D

Robbie928

Nov 10, 2019
Andover
I have Lyrik on my other bike (SC Hightower lt). Originally with charger 2.0, upgradedvto charger 2.1. Both rct3. Actually, there is different feel in every position of compression knob, but there is no total lockout feeling like with fox 36.
Also demoed Levo with Lyrik and it was the same.
The Taupe is a great colour on the comp! And agree spend now and not regret it that’s why I went with mine in the end but a great and very capable bike!

Bike

go with black and you dont make mistakes,is stunning top aggressive colour and in the time you dont risk to get bored seeing it?

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
Wee bit gutted, Lyrik RC off to SRAM with similar charger problems discussed earlier. Mine seemed worse, no clicks on the compression adjustment knob, no difference when I twirled the knob and the fork felt undamped. Off to the LBS (5 min ride to Bicycle Chain in Taunton, god I feel smug) who agreed the damper is faulty. Heard from SRAM yesterday and they want to see the fork so took it off and down to the shop this morning. Odd though, I twirled the rebound knob and the compression clicks came back, everything else still feels wrong, even the rebound adjuster feels vague.
Anyone have experience of SRAM UK, mainly what happened and how long did it take?

Deadeye

Oct 6, 2019
Florida
Just brought it home today and feel like a kid with a new minibike.

After an easy 15 mile loop it has started making a plastic creaking sound from the motor area. There is already a great thread on this with suggested fixes but I'll probably ride it more to see if gets worse - if it does it will be easier to isolate.

2020 levo.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles