Levo Gen 2 2020 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
It arrived. 2020 Comp.

Thule T2 Pro XT 9034XT rack pictured.

51.5 lbs with tubes and pedals and 700Wh battery. By comparison a 2019 Giant Trance E+2 with 500Wh battery is 54.5 lbs.

IMG-6450.jpg

IMG-6451.jpg

IMG-6453.jpg

Cmr

Nov 17, 2019
Apriliayp68
This happened tonight. Renthal 30mm Rise Carbon w/ 40mm Apex Stem. Should be fairly close to OEM geometry (coming up 3mm higher and back 5mm from stock). I've got some revgrips coming in soon. I think this setup will reduce some of the hand fatigue I'm getting

View attachment 21355
Looks great i felt the rise a little to high for me so dropped down to 20 rise and 35mm stem first thing i always do is put carbon bars much nicer ride

699A4ACF-4477-40D5-8671-C9E5B8F82C83.jpeg

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
I think I've decided I'm going for the Comp now, but just have the agonizing choice of which colour! I'm leaning towards the blue (Storm Grey).

I have black which I like a lot, but the storm grey looks sweet. If it wasn’t for the fact that I always get black bikes I would have done storm gray. I get black bikes because my wife never notices new bikes that way...

Bike

Let's see who gets their 2020 first. I ordered, at least with the dealer, a Comp today in the black color. Last year, the first 2019 videos hit YouTube around Sept 11 from Specialized and Sept 20 from random people.

I got a big surprise when I heard my bike had arrived and was ready to pick up. It is an XL Turbo Levo Expert.
Cycleways here in Christchurch tubelessed it for me without asking, they know what I like. I asked for the Turbo Connect Display to be fitted.
In the morning I will fit some proper pedals and head up the hills for a "get to know you ride".
The Eliminator is standard fit this year. The Fox 36 looks burly.

View attachment 17765
can you weigh the bike please?

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
It arrived. 2020 Comp.

Thule T2 Pro XT 9034XT rack pictured.

51.5 lbs with tubes and pedals and 700Wh battery. By comparison a 2019 Giant Trance E+2 with 500Wh battery is 54.5 lbs.

IMG-6450.jpg

IMG-6451.jpg

IMG-6453.jpg
Rob was this your first ebike? If not what did you have before?

Bike

I understand ... I like a very soft fork and if possible I want to take advantage of the whole excursion ... consider that in my part all the trails have jumps not exceeding the meter but it's all very broken down
paolo tu hai la comp 2020 come la mia? che tipo di setup hai fatto? ma anche a te l'apertura e chiusura da sopra non modifica per niente la chiusura? io l' ho settata a 97 psi e 5/6 rebound sotto,credo abbia un solo token di fabbrica mi e' arrivata da un mesetto

Bike

You meant something like this? I was sold on a 2020 Expert to replace my 2017, but after a close inspection of the frames I know I cant live with those nasty carbon patches. Both Expert colors are beautiful and maybe we are getting irregular stock from Specialized :unsure:
Does yours looks like these? Is this normal? The black/gunmetal hides the “flaws” much better since it has a gorgeous deep shine, but the Matt black/green was less forgiving.

View attachment 18875 View attachment 18876 View attachment 18877 View attachment 18878
all i see are in thesame situation

Bike

Hi guys i post some photos of my 12 th of october 2020 black comp.I put Chamaleon skin that is a 3d manifacture protection frame kit put in place by my dealer for a grat job . Iput magic mary on the front bcz dont like the butcher grid option .The black diamon eliminator has enough grip and rolling at the same time on the rear.I change the guide brakes with .Shimano Saint brakes and change braking pads with ice pads shimano . the Lyric select doesnt work on the register of the fork in order to close and to open the fork from above i put to97psi and 6 point of rebound from the slowest position .Not bad!Great bike on the trails and on the enduro tracks maybe if you wanna go harder better making some improvement on the fork and ammo .
20191114_132437.jpg
20191109_151227.jpg
20191109_151116.jpg
20191027_103742.jpg

Bike

First hit out on the 2020 expert carbon this morning! The 2020 motor is definitely a bit louder than the 2018 version, a good few segment PBs despite never having ridden on 29s! Still had 3 bars left which is where this bike really stands out for me, and I would have run it closer to empty had the minister of home affairs not set a deadline for a birthday party :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 21416
could you weigh it? thanks:D(y)

AdamM

Subscriber
Nov 17, 2019
Poland
Ok, so after 2 rides it seems I'm addicted to this bike :)
Coming from different Santa Cruz bikes I find geometry spot on (size L, I'm 178cm)
Suspension is working as it should. I'm using middle position of shock for trail climbing- it prevents pedal strokes quite well.
Both my rides were circa 30km, one with 1200 and other with 1500 meters of altitude gain.
Over30% of battery left after each ride... really nice.
After reading forum I was sure that tyres must be replaced asap- but for my surprise stock tyres are OK, i did some really step trails (22-26%- if Garmin doesn't lie) with wet leaves and sticky mud (almost) without problems. I guess I will try some other tire combos just for fun...
Bike is stock, only changed saddle to Spec Power and pedals to Stamp 7

IMG_1782.jpeg

Last edited:

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
Coming from different Santa Cruz bikes I find geometry spot on (size L, I'm 178cm)
Suspension is working as it should. I'm using middle position of shock for trail climbing- it prevents pedal strokes quite well.
Both my rides were circa 30km, one with 1200 and other with 1500 meters of altitude gain.
After reading forum I was sure that tyres must be replaced asap- but for my surprise stock tyres are OK, i did some really step trails (22-26%- if Garmin doesn't lie) with wet leaves and sticky mud (almost) without problems. I guess I will try some other tire combos just for fun...

View attachment 21911

I agree, I'm riding mine every chance I can get, I'm planning to night ride through the winter!

Mark

May 6, 2018
Sydney

View attachment 21911
Looks good Adam- have just ordered the same bike in XL 183cm- lanky arms, sight unseen (colour) I'm told I will have it by the weekend. Your photo looks better than the Spec site as the colour looks a bit washed out on the white background so thanks for that!
I'm coming off an E160 900e 2018, so looking forward to discovering the pros and cons. I must say the demo ride on the weekend felt amazing, so quiet with the brose motor and a very balanced feel to the frame, I was able to slow right down and take my time before riding up and down multiple blocks of stairs and other trials type scenarios. Very impressed.

AdamM

Subscriber
Nov 17, 2019
Poland
Looks good Adam- have just ordered the same bike in XL, sight unseen (colour I mean) I'm told I will have it by the weekend. Your photo looks better than the Spec site as the colour looks a bit washed out on the white background so thanks for that!
I'm coming off an E160 so looking forward to discovering the pros and cons. I must say the demo ride on the weekend felt amazing, so quiet with the brose motor and a very balanced feel to the frame, I was able to slow right down and take my time before riding up and down multiple blocks of stairs and other trails type scenarios. Very impressed.

Actually, Spec/fox logos are light grey, not white ? and look really good on green.

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
you didnt need to change the tyres because that is not mud. This is mud ?

B9B9856B-1E6E-44DB-8D78-F71596B7AC71.jpeg

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
Haha ? My picture was made at the begining of the ride.
Anyway, I can see stock tires on Your picture too ?

Minion DHF on the front and yes it was standard on the rear although it has be swapped out now for a Michelin 2.4 wild enduro to accomodate the Sicom mudguard.

Captain45

Oct 1, 2019
Usa
Picked my new 2020 up today and no difference in my compression settings either. Going to call my lbs tomorrow

So sram sent my lbs a new damper for the warranty claim on my lyrik. The lsc dial had no effect. This is what they sent. I now have have hsc! Lbs isn't certain, can anyone tell from the Pic, did I get an RC charger 2.1 RC2 upgrade?

SmartSelect_20191121-132112_Gallery.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles