2020 Trek Rail??

Ultradiscostu

Jul 19, 2019
UK
Guy at shop I went to yesterday said the new Bosch motor will only be on treks “well into the £5000 range” and below that they’ll use the current motor.
Oh right! That's useful to know. Obviously somewhat speculation at this point still but probably not far off re the price point. That helps me decide to get a discounted 2019 model I think.

Ultradiscostu

Jul 19, 2019
UK

Come on Trek!
Speaking to Trek in MK last weekend they are not expecting the 2020 bikes to hit the stores 'proper' until November. Seems late to me. I'm still undecided and haven't yet bought the 2019 Powerfly 5 which is a very good price. Reason for my delay in buying is less about any indecision between the new and old Bosch motor and because my company is being so SLOW in implementing that Green Commute Initiative cycle to work scheme. Very frustrating actually!! I've produced a whole proposal paper on the scheme (with the £1,000 limit now lifted), yet they are still undecided about ditching our existing provider Cycle Scheme Ltd who are rubbish and making empty promises on their website about implementing the new rules and removed £1K limit. Whole thing sucks! But the longer I'm made to wait the more likely it is I made them hold off for the 2020 powerfly. Some prices or at list a guide from Trek would be very handy though.

Ultradiscostu

Jul 19, 2019
UK
Foxy87 care to provide more info on your awesome purchase? Kinda not alot we can gleen from your post. Price? Spec? Delivery date? Not everyone has a LBS that stocks Trek or is in the know. Trek in MK couldn't tell me anything about 2020 bikes other than they would be the first to know! Well clearly that's not true if you have purchased one already?

Foxy87

Aug 18, 2019
Switzerland
Geo is 64.5 HA and 448 (edit!) Chainstay lenght. Estimated delivery is october. Price is in swiss francs, so not any use of for you guys but its pretty expensive for what its specced with... Spec is GX Eagle/RS Lyrik select/Deluxe thru shaft/SLX 4 piston brakes.

Last edited:

Foxy87

Aug 18, 2019
Switzerland
Foxy87 care to provide more info on your awesome purchase? Kinda not alot we can gleen from your post. Price? Spec? Delivery date? Not everyone has a LBS that stocks Trek or is in the know. Trek in MK couldn't tell me anything about 2020 bikes other than they would be the first to know! Well clearly that's not true if you have purchased one already?

Plus: if you are that keen about the bikes, take some time/effort and start google search. There are a few online dealers already showing the bikes, sometimes with spec and price.

Ultradiscostu

Jul 19, 2019
UK
Nice FS with 29ers and chain stay under 450! I won't pretend to know too much about eMTBs as I'm a newbie to this forum and looking to make my first purchase (hence all my questions). But from all the EMBN episodes I've been absorbing on YouTube, 450 chain stay is the magic number for a nice well weighted ride! Looks awesome too.

Foxy87

Aug 18, 2019
Switzerland
Its my first ebike too. I normally race enduro and ordered it for training reasons (and for my wife to ride with our child).

It looks like the first ebike from Trek that has similar Geonumbers like the Slash, so I personally think its a huge step from the Powerfly.

Tribey

Jan 1, 2019
South Devon, UK
It still doesn't explain why there is nothing on the Trek UK website.

So, you can order them, you can discuss them with your LBS, but there is nothing about them on their own website? Their only 2020 model shown has the previous Gen motor.

I'm interested to see the spec on the Rail 7 compared to the Whyte e-150RS. Thankfully Foxys link to the Rail 9 enables you to see the Rail 7, but only thanks to an individual Australian dealer.

Maybe the press embargo is still in force? :unsure:

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
I´ve had already an insight to the 2020 catalog in a store . :alien: .Inclusive for the ushush/supersecret new supercaliber .:alien:
But can´t talk about it :sick:

Ultradiscostu

Jul 19, 2019
UK
Went into Evans Cycles today. They told me all about Trek 2020 release plan. They are basically releasing 1 bike model per week. Strictly controlled. Zero info about any bikes before their release. But chap said he expecting to see the Rails coming in within the next 4 weeks. Not sure what he based this on but he seemed pretty certain.

I test rode the Powerfly 7 FS 2019. A few miles on grass and steep banks etc. Felt great. Having read all the reviews about the existing Bosch motor I wanted to check again this 'resistance' issue once it hits 25kph. Tbh I really didn't feel it at all. Felt fine and fluid as it transitioned from assist to manual. So the 2020 motor must be really special if it's better. After todays ride and hearing that the 2020 rails are imminent I think I've decided to wait now. This is my first e-MTB purchase so makes sense to invest in the latest tech, Bosch motor, bigger 650W battery, and especially as I'll be keeping this bikes for many many years to come. Other reason for waiting is because my company still hasn't signed off our new cycle to work scheme provider so even if I wanted to walk into the shop tomorrow and buy 2019 model I can't. But gonna kick finance department to get their butts moving as it's been a month of back and forth questions and indecision.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles