2020 Trance E+ Pro or Reign E+ Pro.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Trying to decide between these bikes. What are your experiences and thoughts on the two?
The biggest difference you would immediately feel would come from the head angle of those bikes. The Trance E+Pro HA is 66.5 degrees and the Reign E+Pro HA is slacker at 64.5 degrees (the front end drops more from side to side when steering).

The Trance E+Pro geometry and componentry is more purposed towards Trail and Enduro use. A bit of an all-rounder, and still lively in tight single tracks depending on how you set it up.

The Reign E+Pro is more purposed towards Enduro and DH use. It's more stable at high speeds and jumps but handling can be sluggish on tight circuits. But in saying that, Nico Quere won the first international e-Enduro championship series on a Reign E+Pro, so depends on the rider really.

Ddub

May 24, 2019
Auckland, New Zealand
The biggest difference you would immediately feel would come from the head angle of those bikes. The Trance E+Pro HA is 66.5 degrees and the Reign E+Pro HA is slacker at 64.5 degrees (the front end drops more from side to side when steering).

The Trance E+Pro geometry and componentry is more purposed towards Trail and Enduro use. A bit of an all-rounder, and still lively in tight single tracks depending on how you set it up.

The Reign E+Pro is more purposed towards Enduro and DH use. It's more stable at high speeds and jumps but handling can be sluggish on tight circuits. But in saying that, Nico Quere won the first international e-Enduro championship series on a Reign E+Pro, so depends on the rider really.
That's great information!
Do they climb any differently?

Crawford919

Aug 7, 2019
USA
I have both bikes. What do you ride the most? I love both of these bikes. Rode the Reign for the first time at a down hill park today and have to say I was blown away. Best handling bike I ever been on period.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
That's great information!
Do they climb any differently?
The Trance E+ has 140mm rear travel. The Reign E+ has 160mm rear travel.

The Yamaha Syncdrive Pro motor is renowned for having lots of torque even at low cadence. The 2019 motors were deliberately designed to taper the torque off at high cadence, but the 2020 motors have been adjusted to continue with a bit more grunt at higher cadence.

Both bikes have the Maestro suspension linkage design, and on a straight line both bikes will climb like a goat. The Trance E+ will have a slight advantage when climbing up tight ascending switchback trails because of the slightly steeper head angle. It's no slouch on fast flowy DH park descends... but that's really Reign E+ territory.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles