2020 Trance E+ Pro 2 UK Spec

Horse

Mar 31, 2020
Glenrothes, Fife
Hi all, this has probably been covered already, but thought I would ask anyway.
I have a 2020 Trance E+ Pro 2 and two things are really annoying...
1, right hand crank keeps slackening off (anyone recommend a really good thread lock in UK)
2, The resistance on the motor at 15MPH. I tried the hack on the Ride Control One, I tried many times on the sequences and it did nothing.
Is there anyway to get the motor to stop resisting when you go over 15mph and are still pedalling? to make it feel more natural.
Very Very frustrating and not something I would have expected on a £4 MTB

simonk

SLayer ?
Jan 27, 2020
Exeter
The motor isn’t really resisting after 25kph (inevitably there will some resistance, but really not much)... it just isn’t assisting you any more and you’re pedalling a heavy bike. Unless of course there’s a problem with your bike... but it doesn’t sound like it.

As for the crank coming loose - have you torqued it back up sufficiently? It’s been a while since I took mine off but 50nm rings a bell. Was there any threadlock on there when you took it off? There was loads of it on my Trance 1. Might be worth popping it back to the supplying dealer if the thread was clean.
I use Bond-It A43... does the job.

Horse

Mar 31, 2020
Glenrothes, Fife
The motor isn’t really resisting after 25kph (inevitably there will some resistance, but really not much)... it just isn’t assisting you any more and you’re pedalling a heavy bike. Unless of course there’s a problem with your bike... but it doesn’t sound like it.

As for the crank coming loose - have you torqued it back up sufficiently? It’s been a while since I took mine off but 50nm rings a bell. Was there any threadlock on there when you took it off? There was loads of it on my Trance 1. Might be worth popping it back to the supplying dealer if the thread was clean.
I use Bond-It A43... does the job.
Hey, Deffo resists, you can feel it through the motor. Not took the bolt out, just know It keeps coming slack

Evolution Stu

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jun 30, 2019
Blackpool. U.K.
These motors don’t resist much at all. I regularly do 20-25 miles on mine before I even turn it on.

What you are feeling is the sudden change from assist to non assist. Pedal it up to 20mph with it off and see.

Bilko

Aug 18, 2018
Dorset
If you think there is some motor resistance just pop the chain off the chainring and spin the pedals then you will know.

Wootism

Jun 1, 2020
Trails
Hi all, this has probably been covered already, but thought I would ask anyway.
I have a 2020 Trance E+ Pro 2 and two things are really annoying...
1, right hand crank keeps slackening off (anyone recommend a really good thread lock in UK)
2, The resistance on the motor at 15MPH. I tried the hack on the Ride Control One, I tried many times on the sequences and it did nothing.
Is there anyway to get the motor to stop resisting when you go over 15mph and are still pedalling? to make it feel more natural.
Very Very frustrating and not something I would have expected on a £4 MTB
I unlocked mine using a SpeedChip Custom 3.0 module.
It now assists up to 34 Mph. Works like dream, double drains your battery. :p

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles