2020 stereo hybrid 140 tm has arrived and been ridden ??

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Netherlands.
You?
24KG is 4 KG lighter than my current scott e genius 720 so thats okay..

Thanx
Just out of Munich.
I was tossung up weather to get the 140, or the 160. Went with the 160 as that is what I ride up till now.
I just put on these pedals... Looks very sweet.
821973353593_pedal_chester_orangeYNsiE59jrFmSW.jpg

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Posted this question on Bosch topic but no answeres.
Had you already connect the Kiox with the APP?
I´m not having sucess!

Reactions: MsO

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Yes, I did it yesterday.

Of course make sure Bluetooth is on.Here are the instructios from the manual.

Connecting to the on-board computer using the Bosch eBike
Connect app
Follow these steps to establish a connection to your smartphone:
– Load the app.
– Select the tab <My eBike>.
– Select <Add new eBike device>.
– Add Kiox.
Bosch eBike Systems 1 270 020 Ken | (06.11.2019)
English – 21
The app will then display an instruction to press and hold the bike lighting
button (3) on the on-board computer for 5 seconds.
Press and hold the button (3) for at least 5 seconds. The on-board computer
automatically activates the Bluetooth® Low Energy connection and switches
to pairing mode.
Follow the instructions on the screen. Once pairing is complete, the user
data is synchronised.
Note: The Bluetooth® connection does not have to be activated manually.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
How long is taking for finishing the pairing? I´ve waited for several minutes on pairing mode and seams not to end /synchronise.

BigLee

Jul 12, 2019
Lake District cumbria
Just been doing a bit of maintenance and found the jocky wheels very lacking in grease and stiff to turn. Much better after a clean and lube up so something to keep an eye on ????

BigLee

Jul 12, 2019
Lake District cumbria
More maintenance bore! Checked the headset too and it's decidingly lacking in grease around it causing a little corrosion on the lower bearing. Lathered both bottom and top with some grease to get them lasting longer ???

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
More maintenance bore! Checked the headset too and it's decidingly lacking in grease around it causing a little corrosion on the lower bearing. Lathered both bottom and top with some grease to get them lasting longer ???
OMG, that will make the bike heavier ;-)

Strugglinon

Dec 15, 2019
North Lakes
Yeah thanks, I'd love to check it out. I have a B&B in Keswick so I'm at Whinlatter a lot and I'm right across the street from Wetherspoons if you like beer! Let me know next time you're over this way, I'll PM you my contact info.
Hey Lee,
I’m near Caldbeck and am waiting for my new 160 Hybrid from Bike 7. Not coming until the end of March though. Currently ride a Sonder Evol amongst others. Always looking for like minded souls to get out with.

Strugglinon

Dec 15, 2019
North Lakes
Just an update. If you're getting one of these buy a new quality chain as the sram oe one lasted me 180 miles ??
That’s a bit crap. Figured I’d be going through drivetrains but that’s pretty poor. How’s the cassette?
Got my bike on Saturday, very happy with it so far.

BigLee

Jul 12, 2019
Lake District cumbria
The cassette is steel so no wear there, what a difference to the indexing with a new chain ? I went with the xo1 chain, quite expensive but apparently an excellent chain ?? I've bought a. 5 chain wear tool so will be also keeping an eye on this one

BigLee

Jul 12, 2019
Lake District cumbria
The cassette is steel so no wear there, what a difference to the indexing with a new chain ? I went with the xo1 chain, quite expensive but apparently an excellent chain ?? I've bought a. 5 chain wear tool so will be also keeping an eye on this one
Well that chain has hit. 5 wear ? again a couple of hundred miles so trying a £30 kmc job. I'll be official emtb forums chain tester at this rate ? if anybody who makes chains would like to send me some for testing and review please pm me ???

MitchF

E*POWAH Elite
Jun 1, 2019
Mirokumk38
The dropper remote got sorted, it was getting pushed round the bar which was altering the cable routing causing it to stick. The shop sorted it but I put a little carbon grease round the clamp for a bit more grip, seems to be working well ? got about 200 miles on the bike so far ?
I really like the short seat as well, would've like a longer dropper cos of the leg length.
I haven't bothered with tubeless yet, got some stans race fluid in the garage so might do it just to use that up.
Paranoid about chain cleaning ? always gets a clean after every ride, I bought a mobi pressure washer that I use to wash it down after every ride, well worth the £50 ????
Had the same problem on my TM 160, dropper post lever moves and the action fowled against the brake leaver.
Moved it and place a small strip of rubber cut from and old innertube under the clamp, good as gold now ??

BigLee

Jul 12, 2019
Lake District cumbria
Had the same problem on my TM 160, dropper post lever moves and the action fowled against the brake leaver.
Moved it and place a small strip of rubber cut from and old innertube under the clamp, good as gold now ??
Upgrading to a oneup 210mm dropper next week ? last ride my cube dropper felt really sticky dropping, undid the collar and popped the Bush out. Gave it a clean and lubed up with fox float fluid ? feels silky now ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles