2020 Specialized levo/kenevo rumors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartcpa83

Aug 14, 2019
Michigan, USA
The bikes ship here in the next few days and we should be seeing the bikes as soon as Sept. 7th. The Levo Comp will come here in the USA in Storm Grey and Black. Can't wait to see them and pick mine out!~
Where did you hear that the bikes are shipping in the next few days, and should arrive by Sept 7?
Thanks

SmackIt

Jul 21, 2019
Reno
The bikes ship here in the next few days and we should be seeing the bikes as soon as Sept. 7th. The Levo Comp will come here in the USA in Storm Grey and Black. Can't wait to see them and pick mine out!~

Wondering how they can ship in the next few days if they're not showing up on the dealer portal and the calls into Specialized reps keep saying late September?

Randall_Flagg

Apr 29, 2018
Gnarsville, Switzerland
Peeps,

2020 Kenevo - anyone seen any spy shots of this yet? I am thinking that this will have an almost identical frame to the new Enduro, along with 29" wheels... likely meaning that it will be 170mm travel, with a possibility of a 180mm up front. Slight chance that they may have a dual crown option too...

Anyone got any dirt on this girl yet?

Cheers
Ben

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
Peeps,

2020 Kenevo - anyone seen any spy shots of this yet? I am thinking that this will have an almost identical frame to the new Enduro, along with 29" wheels... likely meaning that it will be 170mm travel, with a possibility of a 180mm up front. Slight chance that they may have a dual crown option too...

Anyone got any dirt on this girl yet?

Cheers
Ben
We talked about this already a few times...., but sorry, no infos yet...
I can tell you that i will hopefully see it in Croatia this september.

Frano

Jul 11, 2019
Chile
sorry the delay... but here is the 2020 base model with 3 Upgrades
- Rock Shox Lyrik Ultimate
- Code RSC Brakes
- CushCore

IMG_20190827_123425.jpg

IMG_20190827_123628.jpg

IMG_20190827_132010.jpg

Berta my dog... she's very disappointed of me getting a new bike again

Last edited:

Randall_Flagg

Apr 29, 2018
Gnarsville, Switzerland

Wuttkea

Aug 17, 2019
Mannheim
sorry the delay... but here is the 2020 base model with 3 improvements
- Rock Shox Lyrik Ultimate
- Code RSC Brakes
- CushCore

View attachment 17677

View attachment 17678

View attachment 17679

Berta my dog... she's very disappointed of me getting a new bike again
Great. Thanks for posting and congrats on the new bike.
Are these specs really for the base model? Based on a quick Google on these parts they do not seem "base" at all.

Frano

Jul 11, 2019
Chile
ahaha
Great. Thanks for posting and congrats on the new bike.
Are these specs really for the base model? Based on a quick Google on these parts they do not seem "base" at all.
no, the original fork was a RS 35 gold, and the brakes were sram level T

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I heard from a journalist that the new Kenevo is definitely 27.5, and will have a dual crown option, though this was a few months ago so not sure how up to date his info was. He said Speech wanted to keep it at 27.5 to emphasise play-fullness over the more trail orientated 29'r Levo, and differentiate the two lines

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
I heard from a journalist that the new Kenevo is definitely 27.5, and will have a dual crown option, though this was a few months ago so not sure how up to date his info was. He said Speech wanted to keep it at 27.5 to emphasise play-fullness over the more trail orientated 29'r Levo, and differentiate the two lines
Sounds meaningful.

Ispy

Aug 26, 2019
UK
I have pics but they would totally give the game as to where. Boxxers select btw. 180/90 mm

Wuttkea

Aug 17, 2019
Mannheim
ahaha
no, the original fork was a RS 35 gold, and the brakes were sram level T
Ah, sorry. Now, I understand your post.

These "improvements" of the base model do compare to the 2019 model but are customized and they improve upon the base 2020, right?
Because now I have found the specs for the 2020 base model (see attached). Why did you decide to go for the 2020 base and then invest all that money and why didn't you go for a higher-priced 2020 model in the first place?

Edit: had never heard of cushcore before. Sounds amazing. For me, this seems to be the most useful of all the upgrades you have mentioned (considering the prices).
FB_IMG_1566942391329.jpg

FB_IMG_1566942103171.jpg

Last edited:

Frano

Jul 11, 2019
Chile
Ah, sorry. Now, I understand your post.

These "improvements" of the base model do compare to the 2019 model but are customized and they improve upon the base 2020, right?
Because now I have found the specs for the 2020 base model (see attached). Why did you decide to go for the 2020 base and then invest all that money and why didn't you go for a higher-priced 2020 model in the first place?

View attachment 17688

View attachment 17689

I went for the base model, because at the end it's cheaper to upgrade and you can get better parts for the extra money you pay for a higher price 2020... I Pay like 2/3 of the money difference with the comp, for top of the line fork, brakes and cushcore, ..... I don't need a bigger battery
neither carbon frame, and I have read a lot of longterm reviews... and all the models have 2 weekness (except the sworks)... brakes and fork... Also because where I live in Chile is very rocky and loose so was imperative have good suspension (watch Andes Pacifico in youtube and here all the trails are like the first day of the race), next upgrade will be coil shock...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles