2020 Specialized levo/kenevo rumors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dpca10

Dec 20, 2018
USA
Around this time last year stuff started leaking out about the new levo. I heard Specialized was planning on holding a dealer event at Northstar bike park mid June but haven’t heard if anything came of it. The bike park had a heavy snow year and was slow getting up and running, so that might have impacted it. I also heard whispers of a ultra light weight, low torque, small battery model they were working on, but that may just be a concept project at this point, I hope not. I think the time is right for spec to loosen the lips considering there are a ton of new bikes being announced and they have been a bit out of the spotlight.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
We are expecting a new Kenevo to be announced sooner rather than later, but no info has so far leaked on it.

Dealers have already been made aware of the 2020 Levo, which is essentially just new colour ways, and some spec changes on some components - rumours that all bikes will be 700wh batteries as standard have been circulating though.

I think they may well introduce another model into the line up, but that's just personal guesswork.

Neverbeentomoab

Jun 17, 2019
Middlesbrough
Talking to one of the lads at one of the shops I visit regularly and he seemed to think the levo models they have in now are not going to change until early next year.im at Specialized trail days at glentress next weekend so I’ll try and get verification of this.was hoping to pick up a 2019 model at end of year discount in a couple of months time but might have to look at the direct sales brands to save money.would prefer to buy from my lbs but the savings going direct are tempting.

Dpca10

Dec 20, 2018
USA
I can’t imagine they keep the kenevo the same. They either drop it from their line or update it. It’s way outdated. I’m personally hoping for the kenevo to be an E version of the stumpjumper evo

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
I heard there will be an eGravel bike and some kind of "Levo Light"model with a 288Wh battery and Mahle middle motor system.

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK
Very much doubt it, one of the reasons Specialized use the Brose motor is because they can use their own battery design to really integrate it into the frame, if they used Brose's battery they would have to design the frame around it which isn't ideal espcailly when they have the neatest battery install around imo, the new Kenevo will have the new Levo battery

I would suspect the Kenevo expert would come with the 700wh and the comp with a 500wh

Couple the 700wh battery with TrailWatts battery extender's new Kenevo 504wh box battery (mounts on bottle cage bolts) and you have 1204wh Kenevo!!!

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Very much doubt it, one of the reasons Specialized use the Brose motor is because they can use their own battery design to really integrate it into the frame, if they used Brose's battery they would have to design the frame around it which isn't ideal espcailly when they have the neatest battery install around imo, the new Kenevo will have the new Levo battery

I would suspect the Kenevo expert would come with the 700wh and the comp with a 500wh

Couple the 700wh battery with TrailWatts battery extender's new Kenevo 504wh box battery (mounts on bottle cage bolts) and you have 1204wh Kenevo!!!
Omg this excites me at the thought!

Indigo

Oct 6, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
I would wait and see. New model could have 700Wh battery, new near silent motor (judging by recent motor shortage). On release of new models, the '19 models could get discounted.

I wish for a new gear shifter wired to motor to automatically cut power to enable fast & smooth gear changes. IMHO the current single click shifter is it's biggest flaw.

Turbo Levo teaser:

Turbo Vado teaser :cool::

Turbo Como teaser:

Turbo all models teaser:

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles